• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.
'We On the Go!!' off that Slum Village is amazing. I don't really know how Elzhi could skip a project like this. He would've ripped some of these beats...

Not a matter of skipping. Elzhi left SV specifically due to (alleged) shady manager shit. SV's manager (who is Young RJ's dad iirc) is allegedly funny with the money. Elzhi got his own manager which led to SV throwing a fit, thus the breakup.

The ironic thing is that Elzhi's career has literally gone nowhere ever since he left. He released the Elmatic project which was dope, got a lot of buzz...and he hasn't done shit since. At one point he was teasing a Madlib project and talking with Alchemist but nothing materialized...outside of a Kickstarter.

It doesn't seem like he's cool with the other Detroit dudes either (Black Milk, House Shoes, Royce, etc). Shit is sad. Dude is one of the most impressive technical rapper in the game, from a city with multiple great producers and connections.

Fjordson

Not a matter of skipping. Elzhi left SV specifically due to (alleged) shady manager shit. SV's manager (who is Young RJ's dad iirc) is allegedly funny with the money. Elzhi got his own manager which led to SV throwing a fit, thus the breakup.

The ironic thing is that Elzhi's career has literally gone nowhere ever since he left. He released the Elmatic project which was dope, got a lot of buzz...and he hasn't done shit since. At one point he was teasing a Madlib project and talking with Alchemist but nothing materialized...outside of a Kickstarter.

It doesn't seem like he's cool with the other Detroit dudes either (Black Milk, House Shoes, Royce, etc). Shit is sad. Dude is one of the most impressive technical rapper in the game, from a city with multiple great producers and connections.
Damn, that's shitty. Not even a huge Elzhi fan personally, but a shame that business stuff pushed him out of SV.

It still sounds like Slum Village to me, which is what's most important in my opinion.
Agreed, carries their sound and vibe well enough.

Nabs

I can't believe it's been almost 10 years since this album:

51ZdcNBAqML._SX300_.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QwIpa5Hxrw

I think that's also why you stopped hearing Black Milk and Young RJ together until this Slum album. It's a shame because Young RJ was a beast on the boards, but he kind of faded away, at least on my radar. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uf_KXE_MVnc and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMSe6jRuslc

IrishNinja

shenmue was never good tho

days later, and these swagerless ilk cant bring me down

And Kanye could never rap but here we are. :francis:

awww shit

- j-games no normal person wants out in plain sight

here for this

SMH at that vitriol being sent Shenmue 3's way for them using a kickstarter to secure the funding. Good on Sony, everything they did was a great mobilization of the industry to bring this project to life.

concern trolling runs deep, but its mostly just people not wanting to eat crow about relevancy/interest and not owning either of the formats that matter this gen
basically poor life decisions all around

You told me we would be together forever.

i don'f even fuck with amiibos that heavy and ima need a KK slider

if it actually did, i bet that would result in MBDTF2 so it's a win-win

ugh

2pac birthday today.

Makaveli R.I.P

RIP, totally missed it though

injurai

Banned
concern trolling runs deep, but its mostly just people not wanting to eat crow about relevancy/interest and not owning either of the formats that matter this gen
basically poor life decisions all around

When you're thirsty for Shenmue more than any other game. But you don't play games no more, just talk about then on gaf. Ruin your own excitement because you can't pass up a chance for fleeting kneejerk cynicism bruhs.

Real fans delivered, so that's all that matters.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Troy Ave sounding mad defensive on the breakfast club

The fact that Troy Ave is on the Breakfast Club is proof of everything that's been said about him since his album reset the Kreyshawn limbo bar of failure. There are rappers who get more downloads of the mixtapte off DatPiff that won't ever meet Fonzworth Bentley at a celebrity car wash, much less get on international radio. Troy Ave is the biggest fucking industry plant in the history of the game and the world stood up, pull down its collective pants and shat on his entire life, his family and his entire future. Troy Ave's kids are going to be telling their school chums that their dad is in jail, just to save the embarrassment. Fuck a Troy Ave.

Fjordson

I didn't read all of that Pitchfork article, but I can easily see it happening. Kanye's recent tracks have been weak and he'd probably rather be doing fashion shit anyway at this point.

Kanye West at E3 with a Persona badge

I need Esch and PD on this
KuGsj.gif
This is great, though. Dude must be as hyped as I am that P5 is apparently getting a Western release this year.

P5, MGS V and Fallout 4 in the next six months. As Nasir bin Olu Dara Jones once said, Life Is Good.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I really can't imagine Kanye gaming. I mean, he likes games, it's what got him to music of course and he's down with doing little cheap flash stuff to throw out there, but I can't imagine what he plays. Super convoluted and bombastic Kojima games? Artsy fartsy indie titles? Shitty rough-around-the-edges-but-that-was-a-cool-mechanic eurojank? Exotic JRPGs laden with cultural themes?

Probably just NBA Live with Don C.

Esch

Banned
Most rappers like games. I'm gonna guess Kanye likes a combination of fighting games and sidescrolling indie platformers. Maybe final fantasy.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
for real tho Persona on the badge but it shows up nowhere at E3

amazon slippin' on adding it to their E3 deal list too SMFH

Fjordson

Huh. How did I just see that Geto Boys are trying to Kickstart a new album

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/getoboys/geto-boys-new-album-habeas-corpus/description

Some really tempting rewards left...

Pledge $10,000
CUSTOM-DESIGNED GETO BOYS CASKET

The Geto Boys will buy your box (casket), design an image for your box, and commission a dope artist to paint a mural of the Geto Boys covering your entire carbon steel box (Includes a custom engraved Geto Boys signature plate).

You will also receive a custom embroidered Geto Boys autographed pillow designed by Willie D, Scarface, and Bushwick Bill to lay your head on so that you can rest in peace for all eternity. This is that true once in a lifetime gift that you can give to yourself or a loved one who is a die-hard Geto Boys fan. Sounds a bit morbid? Not if you consider the fact that death is the most certain thing in the world that all of us will someday experience. Since you're guaranteed to die anyway, why not go out like you lived - in style? You don't have to be suicidal, or crazy to make your own funeral arrangements; we made ours.

full

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom