• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.
No lies detected here.

yo wtf one of the related links was Scott Storch filing for bankruptcy
i thought he was back on his feet now after the whole drug binge
relapse maybe?
he had some production credits on Rick Ross' Mastermind if I remember correctly I figured he was doing at least ok

No lies detected here.

The article title is textbook click bait shit tho. Drake's comments are simply reality now tho. I'm sure Ebro and Hot 97 will have something idiotic to say about all this within 48 hours...

NY is no longer the mecca of hip hop, creatively or business wise - those are facts. Even NY radio is pretty damn flabby now outside of Power 105. The three biggest young rappers right now are from Toronto, Compton, and North Carolina. Who does NY have outside of Nicki, and it doesn't seem like she reps her city nearly as much as Drake/Kendrick/Cole do...

Fjordson

And with the internet and the way music spreads online these days I don't think you have to go anywhere or cater to a specific region to make it.

Kendrick was ballsy enough to make a new album that was really out there and alienated a bunch of fans

How's that album selling? It did great first week and showed that he might have the most dedicated fanbase (maybe second to j Cole)

I love drake (and barely tolerate j Cole once in a while lol) but those two have played it real safe with their music and fans. I'm not complaining because I still love drake's projects, and I didn't really like the kendrick album that much but I really respect him for it though

Asap could have been the young New York rapper who trended but he also went a bit off the rails with his new album. And while I think that's cool of him to do so his album didn't really splash

Esch

Banned
full

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
dej-thug-shawty.jpg

Dej Loaf ft. Young Thug - Shawty (Prod. by Young Roc).

XXL Freestyle - Shy Glizzy. This dude made a toplist in 2015. Hip hop is truly dead.
XXL Freshmen - K Camp
XXL Profile - K Camp

King Los - God, Money, War short film.

Big Sean ft. Jhene Aiko - I Know video. There has to be some good flabby n sick GIFs in here.

Fetty Wap - Boomin. This is kinda catchy, prime cooking music.

French Montana ft. Lil Wayne & Rick Ross - Lose It. It's okay. Apparently co-produced by Kanye West?
SAID IM BOUT TO GO GUCCI MANNNNNNEE
SAID IM BOUT TO GO LOSE IT MAYNEEEEE

Mike WiLL Made It - #InstrumentalTuesdays Pt.4
- What They Want
- Real and True
- Bitches Love Me

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
fuck y'all

shout outs to my man Frank Ocean signing a residency at Pam's Diner out in Chattanooga every Thursday night just before karaoke hour

Nibel

Finally gonna check out the Staples.

Well it may not be as big but
img_0281.jpg

Weeknd is considerably more popular though.

Yeah, Abel is way more active on social media and gets deals done here and there. Focuses on white girls in his video and artwork which is pretty smart. And if he's not releasing an album you see him on other shit or on tour.

Meanwhile Frank posts a cryptic as fuck tumblr post here and there and disappears for months.

Still, I think Frank is the better musician

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom