• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ohnonono

Yup, Summertime '06 is AOTY so far for me.

Vince did good.

I really love Earl's album this year and did not think anything would come close. Vince is right there. First year I am this conflicted. I think in the end Vince may win me out, dude is brilliant.

Nibel

The Game ft. Drake - 100

DAMN DAMN DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN

wh39g0mpljzh.png

digital napalm

z4lprzvsd9.png

2sb0tj5zrk0h.png

T Dollarz

First half of Summertime is a lot better than the second to me. Kinda wish it was cut down to just the 10 best tracks. Regardless, still a very good album. I'm pleasantly surprised. However, AOTY status? Come on breh, this ain't nothing earth shattering. It could potentially grow on me and make my top 10, but top 5? Naw, no way. Might still like Earl's album more I think.

Grzi

First half of Summertime is a lot better than the second to me. Kinda wish it was cut down to just the 10 best tracks. Regardless, still a very good album. I'm pleasantly surprised. However, AOTY status? Come on breh, this ain't nothing earth shattering. It could potentially grow on me and make my top 10, but top 5? Naw, no way. Might still like Earl's album more I think.

I don't know breh, the more I listen to it the better it gets and I keep discovering new things I like. It seems long but it's not bloated, it flies by when I listen to it, it's so dense. Vince was always an interesting rapper but I feel he finally found the production style that suits him here. It sounds cohesive but it's easy to differentiate songs, and even though the production seems simple at first I keep discovering new sounds I didn't notice before. There's almost like a James Blake qualiry to it in that it often starts as a simple sound and then it builds into something more complex, but never too much, Vince never sounds lost in the music.

I couldn't be happier with the album.

I really love Earl's album this year and did not think anything would come close. Vince is right there. First year I am this conflicted. I think in the end Vince may win me out, dude is brilliant.

Earl, Vince and Ka's albums have been the strongest for me so far.

Kendrick got old real fast and the new Rocky has way too many sub par tracks. What else am I missing? I listened to that new Drake but it just reminded me I can only barely tolerate him on features.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The Game/Drake relationship is one that's super fucking weird to me in general. Drake has been pretty open about most of the people in the industry just trying to use him for whatever come up or what they need, and that's pretty much Game's gameplan and always has been with respect to leveraging features, and that's how he's used Drake too. The amount of Drake features for mixtapes, etc. that dude has gotten is just odd. Game must have introduced him to someone with real money or walked in right before Birdman was about to "initiate" him into Cash Money or something and saved dude.

codhand

The Game/Drake relationship is one that's super fucking weird to me in general. Drake has been pretty open about most of the people in the industry just trying to use him for whatever come up or what they need, and that's pretty much Game's gameplan and always has been with respect to leveraging features, and that's how he's used Drake too. The amount of Drake features for mixtapes, etc. that dude has gotten is just odd. Game must have introduced him to someone with real money or walked in right before Birdman was about to "initiate" him into Cash Money or something and saved dude.

could be as simple as Drake likes hanging out with Game whereas Diddy is a punk who possibly embezzled from him

maybe Drizzy needs some new backup
especially since he knows Game keeps it...100

Fjordson

I'm disappointed the 8 more than 92 / weak shit at my funeral verse is for a Game song. Was hoping he was teasing like 5 AM in Detroit or some shit.

Nah, Game's cosign ensured Drake didn't get touched when he first came to Cali. Same reason why Birdman fucks with him. Security is provided, homies get paid, that's that. Dude is basically LA's Trick Trick.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Magnum Opus - The making of Gang Starr's Mass Appeal. Cool little minidoc, very in depth and has a lot of interesting anecdotes like how Guru wrote in different places on a paper and turned it around as he laid his verse, etc.

Fetty Wap ft. Remy Boyz - I'm Juggin (Prod. by Zaytoven).

Raury - Devil's Whisper. This is the first anything I've heard from Raury and it's definitely.. something. A lot of genre blending. Kinda dope tho.

XXL Freestyle - OG Maco. Man this year has been absolutely garbage for these freestyles. Worst year in a hot minute for sure.

Where Hip-Hop Live App just got advertised on Hot97, which is also their station motto, but you can stream Power105 from it too lol This is so out of nowhere.

Nah, Game's cosign ensured Drake didn't get touched when he first came to Cali. Same reason why Birdman fucks with him. Security is provided, homies get paid, that's that. Dude is basically LA's Trick Trick.
Not sure if serious considering how much Game gets clowned for being a fake thug here. I know he has relationships but LA's Trick Trick doe?

DominoKid

They probably just friends man. Game dont seem like a bad dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom