• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.

overcast

This year is amazing. Couple more heavyweights drop an album and its going to be godlike.
Hopefully Drake has a legitimate project (and a good one at that) this year. Plus Kanye. Besides those two I don't know who is coming that is considered "heavyweight". Interested in what Michael Rocks has.

Jay Rock too

Am I tripping or is this like a trap Camp Lo song? I fux with it
ay48zzn.gif

BlackJace

well this is on my radar now.

where's everyone seeing the Summer 06 at?

Completely flipped on the dude, once thought he wasn't anything much (and I didn't like his live show either).

Top 5 of the year for me so far. Excellent production, interesting storytelling.

HiResDes

I don't mean to be contrarian I really don't, but I was just really surprised to hear how run of the mill the Boogie after seeing countless quotes and hearing crazy descriptions like Camp Lo of trap. The video is much hyper than the song, which as a swag rap and bandcamp enthusiasts sounds very akin to numerous artists that I've become accustomed to hearing back within the spectrum. It's not a bad song, but it's not too far from the likes of Bobby Schmurda and OG Maco though in some ways more vanilla.

AJLma

I don't mean to be contrarian I really don't, but I was just really surprised to hear how run of the mill the Boogie after seeing countless quotes and hearing crazy descriptions like Camp Lo of trap. The video is much hyper than the song, which as a swag rap and bandcamp enthusiasts sounds very akin to numerous artists that I've become accustomed to hearing back within the spectrum. It's not a bad song, but it's not too far from the likes of Bobby Schmurda and OG Maco though in some ways more vanilla.

You should check the rest of the mixtape.

EDIT: Not saying it's the dopest shit ever, but there's some good production and storytelling.

injurai

Banned

Just sounds like you're somewhere else in your music. I had never heard of him, started listening through his last years mixtape. It's pretty good. I was a big fan of OG Maco, not entirely over him. But he hasn't really gone anywhere, especially once he started putting out signed material. Boogie is still in the mixtape stage, he's delivering on vibes that you only really get from bandcampy sorts of projects. Which you more than anyone have probably exhausted by now.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Tight song, I swear I heard that in a mix recently though. Was it somebody in gaf hop or Ryan Hemsworth or something? Help me out here

Yep
https://m.soundcloud.com/frankandoak/just-rap-mix-ryan-hemsworth-x-frank-oak

Yep I heard it at the beginning of that mix, immediately had to find out what song it was.

Funny thing is I heard the the mix when it was posted here in GAF-Hop, so I'm surprised so many people are new to the song.

Track is fucking nuts. i still need to dl the tape.

A$ton and Vince were too clean on this, whew

Fjordson

well this is on my radar now.

where's everyone seeing the Summer 06 at?
Really dope. Can easily see it staying in my top 10 for the year. I've never been a huge fan of Vince, but this is the best he's been and the No I.D. production helps keep it consistent despite the long running time. Feels cohesive.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
King Los is a good rapper with a fractured identity. His latest album starts off rather strong. There's this passionate spiritual message that resonates throughout many of the songs and both the beats and his verses seem pretty dynamic. However it starts to get quite pedantic as it goes and there are these radio friendly songs that seem completely out of place without fitting into any sort of larger narrative or purposeful structural progression. The very lude and base nature of the songs seems precisely at odds with the holier than thou street preacher vibe coming from some of the songs. The beats and features are all well picked and Los' skill at constructing vivid allegories to profess his moral ideals are mostly quite astute, but in the end he fails to connect to the listener on an intimate, personal level, which also lessens the impact of his overarching message.

...This is all coming from an Atheist though so take it with a grain of salt.
I mostly identify as an athiest but I'm a sucker for pretty much any level of religious introspection in rap.

Also minus the radio bit this is a pretty bang on review of TPAB.

Not sure if it was posted but for those that want a little funk in their life, new Tuxedo track.

Tuxedo - Without Your Love
I still listen to Do It on a weekly basis; I can't have enough Tuxedo in my life. This is dope too.

RP912

Banned
About to bump that Boogie and some Vince Staples to some Korean dramas. Good looking yall.

BTW that new Pete Rock is good, but I just can't shake the similarity between him and Dilla.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom