• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fevaweva

Where does FishScale fit into all of this Wu Tang solo discussion though? I see it as Ghostface's second best album, after Supreme Clientele and probably the best thing the Wu have done in the 21st century.

RP912

Banned
Where does FishScale fit into all of this Wu Tang solo discussion though? I see it as Ghostface's second best album, after Supreme Clientele and probably the best thing the Wu have done in the 21st century.

Better than Pretty Toney...but not messing with his superior work.

HiResDes

Ironman has all the elements that would later become staples in GFK's career...The super nasty female encounter told in vivid disgusting detail, homie joints, joints just about how fly something is, a weed joint, the boastful I'm gonna beat the shit outta you and take ya chick joint, the I'm gonna assassinate you on some La Samurai shit.

IrishNinja

wu forever > 36 chambers

#restoringbalancetothethread

RIP Shinobi

fuckin nazis, man

Ironman has all the elements that would later become staples in GFK's career...The super nasty female encounter told in vivid disgusting detail, homie joints, joints just about how fly something is, a weed joint, the boastful I'm gonna beat the shit outta you and take ya chick joint, the I'm gonna assassinate you on some La Samurai shit.

fair, and he carried Rae too

The video loaded for me on Apple Music on my iPhone (over cellular, not wifi). It didn't load on my Mac or iPad (both wifi).

my iPhone 4S says "This media format is not support" "cannot Open"

tfw even apple's own crap doesn't work properly. :<

EDIT: he dropped it on youtube, video is weird as fuck.

T Dollarz

Yes.
The production alone on Ironman is just perfect. Doesn't hurt that the beats are behind Ghost and Rae in their prime.
YES.
Dat Cappadonna verse on Winter Warz though...

And YES

Yall are tripping, Rae bodied Iron Man. Same with Cappadonna. All three of them had amazing verse after amazing verse.

Cappa probably has the best verse on the album (Iron Maiden and Winter Warz).

Energy is on The Fader if you can't get the other link to work

tumblr_nra99r2i791rgw2kro1_540.gif

WHAT DOES THIS VIDEO MEAN? Are all those people being drained of their energy?

I dunno, I just find it...boring, I guess. Everyone on the album is on point, I get that, but something about it just doesn't gel with me like OB4CL, LS and 36 Chambers.
Its not better than those but its still a stellar album though.

Can't get too mad at this opinion since the competition is pretty stacked.

wu forever > 36 chambers

#restoringbalancetothethread

Its the GOAT double album but nah

"Lost" Jay Z interview from the Def Jam CEO days
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MtMi4xkZCw

This is definitely before Hov became finely tuned as a politically correct business man lol. Ethers Jim Jones, laughs at Camron, and even trolls LL Cool J. Also some comments on drug dealing that I can just imagine his business etiquette handlers cringing at.

He had a later interview with Howard Stern (I think when his lyrics book was coming out) where I think he pretty much said the same thing about being a drug dealer. These days I don't know.

IrishNinja

i talk shit, but rae brought it...he's just always been on the lower end of wu members for me. like, his best albums are most of the clan or at least ghost going in, is the thing

Its the GOAT double album but nah

...fair

Immobilarity >>>>

man, his defense force piece on that album was good though

"Lost" Jay Z interview from the Def Jam CEO days
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MtMi4xkZCw

aint got 17 minutes right now - what's he say on LL?

injurai

Banned
I guess I'm a tad younger than some of you. I've always seen goth as sort of all dressed up in black and belts. Not a fan tbh.

But I second the chocker necklace. That late 90's early 00's moody brooding look girls had going on makes me wild. The Matrix, Sneaker Pimps, Hackers. Not sure what you'd call this look.

But then I got really into the Emo look. Which was much more of my time. Which was pretty great until it flanderised itself. Scene just wasn't the same after that and was pretty much just bubblegum emo.

Since then my tastes have been pretty vanilla.

RP912

Banned
I remember my middle school sweetheart went from preppy to goth right before my eyes. It was interesting to see a girl go from Nsync and The Rock, to Papa Roach and Stone Cold.

DominoKid

Idk how someone could like one of The Rock and Stone Cold but not the other. They both GOAT. The Rock taught a generation of kids how to swag and talk shit. Stone Cold taught em about whooping ass and getting drunk. Perfect combo.

Detox

Stand up on Meek's album is the scarface song Nas did a verse for. Meek said Nas turned it in too late but he doesn't mind if it leaks.

IrishNinja

Brushes off LL's Def Jam complaints and basically says breh you flopped with a J Lo single, fuckouttahere. Also says the album was "good" but you can tell he didn't fuck with it.

haha damn...was that the one timbaland produced? harsh, but fair

El-P is making a few tracks for the Fantastic 4 soundtrack

I like how everyone is cool with them selling out as much as possible without going over the line. It's well deserved as far as I'm concerned. Get that money and give us dope music.

exactly this - anything shy of a single with taylor swift and as long as we continue getting quality, ima let dudes eat

too late wtf? just release it yourself as a remix.

seriously, there's ways to make this work as buzz for your recently-dropped album

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom