• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.

overcast

https://instagram.com/p/0EwnbSlecE/?modal=true

B_ym9E4U0AEEmwj.jpg
Love the cover. Not too big on the name, but it makes sense.
twitter rumor is that Kanye's laptop got stolen in Paris.
Lmao. Sounds like a KTT rumor started for false hope.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
https://twitter.com/kanyelaptop

Trolling or real?
lol Adidas x Nike collabo

@kanyelaptop · 32m 32 minutes ago
"My old self was more amber, I liked them bald both ways, they started kimye, I still don't fuck with the bush ways" YZ 2.0

Also, Kendrick cover is great. Looks much better than that artifacted leaked bullshit.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I'd really not like to hear the album in this way.
Me neither. FWIW all signs point towards the album being done. I know Kanye doesn't really "finish" his albums (and I think a leak might motivate him to change stuff deliberately in the final releases like he's done for the last 3 releases), but it isn't that early in the process either.

Regardless, I hope shit works out.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Me neither. FWIW all signs point towards the album being done. I know Kanye doesn't really "finish" his albums (and I think a leak might motivate him to change stuff deliberately in the final releases like he's done for the last 3 releases), but it isn't that early in the process either.

Regardless, I hope shit works out.

I hope he doesn't scrap it and then make a yeezus 2 as a big fuck you to everyone who downloaded.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I'm sure the computer and files are all encrypted and locked up nicely. Sealed by heavenly light cast down by Steve Jobs himself.

It's not like Apple's security has ever let down celebrities, right?

Fv07nGR.gif

Kanye pegging videos bout to drop.

I hope the album doesn't leak like this, that's just a dick move. Check his browsing history and then just turn the laptop in bro.

Kopite

For people who were around then, why did Biggie become so famous, the King of New York after dropping just one album? Why wasn't say Nas bigger after Illmatic?

IrishNinja

For people who were around then, why did Biggie become so famous, the King of New York after dropping just one album? Why wasn't say Nas bigger after Illmatic?

IIRC at the time he had a lotta Source buzz (rightfully so), Juicy as an opener kinda crushed the building and again - my timeline could be wrong here, it's been forever - Big Poppa dropped like right around when i got the album, i wanna say day 1. album felt like an instant classic, ages beautifully (fuck ya'll) and he kept crushing guest features on tracks with Total, Da Brat, whoever. 2nd album knocked too, and unlike Nas he died before putting out a wack LP so there's that too.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Biggie will always be the greatest rapper of all time. Maybe death preserved his legacy perfectly but what he left behind was and will always be fuckin amazing.

Nibel

Nibel why're you slandering ye's name? Why you doing this my German homie. Also you need to bring back the OG yoshi island avy

Switched to the dark theme today and man my current avatar sucks with a dark background.

And I didn't mock Ye in that thread, I mocked that dude I quoted; I'm a critical supporter of Donda's son

Biggie was known in some of NY before the album dropped. Party And Bullshit was a local hit in Brooklyn and the Flava In Ya Ear remix introduced him to many people. Most of the harder tracks were recorded first and it took Diddy awhile to convince him to do the singles. At the time Bad Boy was running shit in NY and Diddy knew all they needed was a hot single.

Juicy was a huge hit, rap wise and mainstream wise. The single included Unbelievable for the streets. Then Big Poppa came out which was huge too; once again the single included another street track, Warning. So he had all bases covered before the album dropped, he had the charisma, the right label, and the right sound.

Whereas Illmatic bombed earlier that year. It made an impact in terms of critical acclaim, receiving five mics in The Source (iirc Ready To Die got 4 mics). It was also perhaps the first rap album with a super team or producers. Every hot NY producer was on it, and that influenced Ready To Die and other albums. But the album didn't have any mainstream singles and was heavily bootlegged; I've heard stories of nearly a million bootleg copies being circulated. Plus if you were a rap stan you had heard half the album before it came out.

Final thing: Nas wasn't nearly as charismatic as Biggie and the song content wasn't mainstream. He was and still is quite reserved. Questlove has told a story about seeing Nas lose every award at the 1995 Source Awards to Biggie, and how at that moment he knew Nas would do something drastically different next time. Then 1996 came, Nas dropped a heavy mafioso/mainstream album and sold three million records+had a hit single.

codhand

i miss when kanye's prod sounded like this :_(

Biggie was known in some of NY before the album dropped. Party And Bullshit was a local hit in Brooklyn and the Flava In Ya Ear remix introduced him to many people. Most of the harder tracks were recorded first and it took Diddy awhile to convince him to do the singles. At the time Bad Boy was running shit in NY and Diddy knew all they needed was a hot single.

Juicy was a huge hit, rap wise and mainstream wise. The single included Unbelievable for the streets. Then Big Poppa came out which was huge too; once again the single included another street track, Warning. So he had all bases covered before the album dropped, he had the charisma, the right label, and the right sound.

Whereas Illmatic bombed earlier that year. It made an impact in terms of critical acclaim, receiving five mics in The Source (iirc Ready To Die got 4 mics). It was also perhaps the first rap album with a super team or producers. Every hot NY producer was on it, and that influenced Ready To Die and other albums. But the album didn't have any mainstream singles and was heavily bootlegged; I've heard stories of nearly a million bootleg copies being circulated. Plus if you were a rap stan you had heard half the album before it came out.

Final thing: Nas wasn't nearly as charismatic as Biggie and the song content wasn't mainstream. He was and still is quite reserved.

jeremiah_johnson_nodding-Robert-Redford.gif

Questlove has told a story

dT6zZCB.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom