• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelsdesu

I'll try.

1) Future released Dirty Sprite 2 album. GAF-Hop went crazy after first listen. "Summer classic!!". It turned out that it wasn't so great after subsequent listens.

2) Action Bronson last week said that Ghostface wasn't rapping like he used to. Ghostface took it personally. Threatened Action Bronson. Bronson backed down and apologised unreservedly. Ghostface still not impressed.

3) Out of nowhere Meek Mill pops up and attacks Drake with claims that Drake doesn't write his own raps. Even though Drake raps on the new Meek album. But to be honest, the Drake rap is the best thing on the Meek album. Meek probably jealous coz all people talk about is Drake's verse on that album. Anyway Drake stays silent. The claims are that Quentin Somebody ghost-writes Drake's lyrics. Even though Quentin is credited on Drake's album.

Latest is Meek has now apologised.

And also, Nicki Minaj & Taylor Swift beefing, but head over to Pop-GAF for that.

Good lookin, dawgy. Fuckery indeed.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
Somebody please break down what happened this week?
Here you go
uuVHWZE.png

rjV9ZLF.png

Lur7XxK.png

oD48aBO.jpg

40DEVPF.jpg

3BhjD35.jpg

3GQF5dF.png

J557JEa.png

CkBy0GO.png

https://twitter.com/BriaTanae/status/624057377210376192

NgmJ8tA.gif

what am i missing

Esch

Banned
Man this explains so much. I always wondered why some of the Drake RNB songs were written in keys he str8 up can't sing in. It's cause Majid Jordan was prolly writing them. Peep shit here too like Forever, same style intro that you found on Hold On We're Going Home. Only reason that song probably even has a Majid Jordan ft is cause it wouldn't really work without someone who can hit those hi notes.. That "feature" isn't even a feature. It's not a verse.... It's not a chorus, it's literally him being on there just to hit a couple notes that Drake can't and some shit in the bridge.

Nabs

Drake is basically Shang Tsung with his artists. He absorbed the essence of The Weeknd and PND, and I don't see him stopping any time soon.

Man this explains so much. I always wondered why some of the Drake RNB songs were written in keys he str8 up can't sing in. It's cause Majid Jordan was prolly writing them. Peep shit here too like Forever, same style intro that you found on Hold On We're Going Home. Only reason that song probably even has a Majid Jordan ft is cause it wouldn't really work without someone who can hit those hi notes.. That "feature" isn't even a feature. It's not a verse.... It's not a chorus, it's literally him being on there just to hit a couple notes that Drake can't and some shit in the bridge.

isn't that more or less a sample? sounds like they took that beginning and tweaked it for the intro of the drake song.

now we're saying he has ghost-singers? esch plz. the 6god has faced enough libel today.

Esch

Banned
isn't that more or less a sample? sounds like they took that beginning and tweaked it for the intro of the drake song.

now we're saying he has ghost-singers? esch plz. the 6god has faced enough libel today.

No, what I'm saying is that the intro to Forever has the same style of vocal fill that we found on the intro to Hold on We're Going Home.

For the record there's nothing wrong with it IMO. Drake wants to make RNB songs but I just dont think he knows that much about singing or writing that style of song, so he got the help where he needed.

Nibel

Wait, Funkmaster Flex showed 10 Bands but the whole point was RICO? Quentin is even fucking credited for 10 Bands
KuGsj.gif

What a shitshow

Esch

Banned
If anything fuckery like this takes the focus away from music

Look at Eschaton, he even grew an aluminium hat because of this shit

I mean Ebro is corroborating what i'm saying (not in musical terms) but wrt Majid writing material for Drake so you can take it or leave it, but it's always something that stuck out to me. There are overlapping similarities in Majid Jordan and Drake's material, and I HOWGH is kinda telling in how it uses Jordan to fill out the rest of the song. But what do I know? Maybe Drake just likes to sing songs in keys he can't sing in.

With respect to the Weeknd, i know he did a lot of the work on Take Care wrt hooks (shit like Practice pretty much screams him), but I don't think he took as much from him. PartyNextDoor I don't listen to so I can't comment.

edit: with a lil googling

Yeah, we were making the drum loop and…oh, man, I had smoked I don’t know how much weed. Even Drake, he came into that session and we were all smoked out. It was terrible how much weed smoke was in that room. I was surprised I could even hit a note. I had sung this melody—it wasn’t a hook, just an unfinished lyric. And he liked it so much, he was like, “I need to have this, man…. I know I’ve already taken ‘Shot for Me’ and ‘Crew Love’ and this and that.” And me, I was hungry at that time. I was like, “Dude, take anything.” At that point I was like, “Hell, yeah.”
laff.gif

Nibel

I mean Ebro is corroborating what i'm saying (not in musical terms) but wrt Majid writing material for Drake so you can take it or leave it, but it's always something that stuck out to me. There are overlapping similarities in Majid Jordan and Drake's material, and I HOWGH is kinda telling in how it uses Jordan to fill out the rest of the song. But what do I know? Maybe Drake just likes to sing songs in keys he can't sing in.

With respect to the Weeknd, i know he did a lot of the work on Take Care wrt hooks (shit like Practice, Crew Love, Shot For Me, The Ride pretty much screams him), but I don't think he took as much from him. PartyNextDoor I don't listen to so I can't comment.

They probably helped here and there, but so what - the end product is dope and only rapnerds like us care about 100% authentic pen game when in reality that shit hasn't been relevant since the early 2000s. I think they help with song schemes and drop some lines here and there. If this is about discrediting the claim he's the best MC - well that shit only comes from the die hard stans who are delusional. Drake is an incredible and groundbreaking artist, but there are dozens of other rappers who focus 100% on their raps and are therefore much better.

The problem I see here is that everybody speaking belongs to the group of people Drake doesn't fuck with or people who always had a bad opinion of him; like sure, where there is smoke there is fire, but the smoke comes mostly from people Drake did not support for years now. If this was someone from OVO or maybe even Abel's camp, I'd understand, but this fuckery? Nah. This is just more ammo for people who made their opinion about Drake a long time ago

Anyway, hope this results in some fine music. (didn't mean to attack you with that line breh you know how we roll)

Fjordson

So what about Drake's composer credits for other artists? Are those borrowed twice over?

I dunno...feel like this is getting blown way outta proportion. Can't really argue about the 10 Bands verse with what Flex played, but I'm still suspect about discrediting his song writing in general, going back years and shit.

Edit: and I'm not trying to stan ya damn lowlifes. I get why this all looks suspect. Just my 2 cents.

Esch

Banned
They probably helped here and there, but so what - the end product is dope and only rapnerds like us care about 100% authentic pen game when in reality that shit hasn't been relevant since the early 2000s. I think they help with song schemes and drop some lines here and there. If this is about discrediting the claim he's the best MC - well that shit only comes from the die hard stans who are delusional. Drake is an incredible and groundbreaking artist, but there are dozens of other rappers who focus 100% on their raps and are therefore much better.

The problem I see here is that everybody speaking belongs to the group of people Drake doesn't fuck with or people who always had a bad opinion of him; like sure, where there is smoke there is fire, but the smoke comes mostly from people Drake did not support for years now. If this was someone from OVO or maybe even Abel's camp, I'd understand, but this fuckery? Nah. This is just more ammo for people who made their opinion about Drake a long time ago

Anyway, hope this results in some fine music. (didn't mean to attack you with that line breh you know how we roll)

Nobody who sells records for more than 1 album has 100% authentic pen game or creative sourcing. I said that earlier, I still think it's fair. When you are as big as a Drake, definitely. BUT

If you're out here getting handed songs left and right, straight ripping entire verses...... Like I said earlier even Kanye doesn't do shit like that. While also... you taking hooks from people AND beats... You're singing shell songs from ppl on your roster then what exactly are you good at. Breh can't even really sing well or freestyle. What gives any credence to:

Drake is an incredible and groundbreaking artist

This contention? People have praised Drake even for his hook game but Mike Zombie originally kicked him the hook AND beat from Started From The Bottom. People have praised him for his bars and mic game especially since Take Care too, come on now. Not just stans but neutrals and the press. Even I thought he'd improved!

And letsbianast, reminder that Meek accused him of not writing any of his verse on an entirely different song than the one that Flex leaked...

BlackJace

Like, what is Meek's problem? Your new album just came out, you're somewhat relevant in the game, you're on a decent label, you have a popular artist as a romantic partner...

And you gon go and mess it up over some beef with one of the only rappers that can make everyone turn on you amidst the above examples.

Capital L.

pronk420

oh wow this thread

All this fuckery got me changing countries. KOHH is killing it in japan.

Wish i could find a hard copy of his album.

what is KOHH?

Meek's intro alone >>> everything J Cole's done

the intro to what? J Cole is the best B list celebrity rapper and made the best albums in the past years, makes his own beats and wraps, and Meek is some second rate nobody that I hadn't even heard of until he made a shit album that no one would care about if it wasn't for Drake.

2) Action Bronson last week said that Ghostface wasn't rapping like he used to. Ghostface took it personally. Threatened Action Bronson. Bronson backed down and apologised unreservedly. Ghostface still not impressed.

something people keep missing is bronson said he doesn't do it like this anymore lol. i can see why papa bear is grumpy

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Like, what is Meek's problem? Your new album just came out, you're somewhat relevant in the game, you're on a decent label, you have a popular artist as a romantic partner...

And you gon go and mess it up over some beef with one of the only rappers that can make everyone turn on you amidst the above examples.

Capital L.
I'm telling y'all, it has to be something with Nicki. Dude probably just got the draws off and found some simp residue and an OVO tat waiting for him and snapped.

The God MC said you get 7 years in the game. Drake got one year left. Meek making his move early.
Damn, God been an athiest, huh?

O63YOWq.jpg

Goddamn, Big Ghost went way the fuck back
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif
Incredible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom