• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dereck

60RTx0y.png

Never really fucked with any of Em's albums and he's always been cringeworthy to me but I have enjoyed watching lames his fans jump through mental hoops when trying to justify why they only listen to him and not other rappers.

At least I think they are, maybe that's lessened over the years.

They're classics and will always be considered classics. The hardcore audience has moved away from Em now so people act weird about it (and honestly the whole "white rapper with shock value lyrics" thing made people act weird about it back then too), but they're classics.

Never really fucked with any of Em's albums and he's always been cringeworthy to me but I have enjoyed watching lames his fans jump through mental hoops when trying to justify why they only listen to him and not other rappers.

"Eminem is diverse. I don't want to listen to someone rapping about drugs, murder, and bitches all the time"
rVtN8WL.png

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
The "hate" is more directed towards people who seem to praise him highly, and those people who hate on them tend to believe that he hasn't made good music for the last 10 years.
Ill agree with that. But the opinions both sides use are usually contain the most hyperbole.

Anyone with sense outgrew Eminem when they became of age, save for cacs who cling to him just to namedrop a rapper they like in conversation.

Technically great, blah blah, who gives a fuck if the music is terrible. His work ages like milk.

Eos

There isn't really hate against eminem, mostly against his fans.
Having grown up listening to em, his falloff (album quality, not necessarily his skill) is quite clear after the eminem show, which is probably his best album. sslp, mmlp, and even infinite are better than his last albums. He stopped worked with the bass brothers, which is the biggest dip in production quality for his albums. He just doesn't have an ear for beats.
while his rapping/technical skills are still good, he doesn't really got much to say (word to macklemore) and is usually just rapping in circles about random shit.

as for his albums, i kind of agree with that sentiment that his albums haven't aged well - i find myself skipping through various tracks of sslp/mmlp because they're just corny af but there are still some worth listening too.

There isn't really hate against eminem, mostly against his fans.
Having grown up listening to em, his falloff (album quality, not necessarily his skill) is quite clear after the eminem show, which is probably his best album. sslp, mmlp, and even infinite are better than his last albums. He stopped worked with the bass brothers, which is the biggest dip in production quality for his albums. He just doesn't have an ear for beats.
while his rapping/technical skills are still good, he doesn't really got much to say (word to macklemore) and is usually just rapping in circles about random shit.

as for his albums, i kind of agree with that sentiment that his albums haven't aged well - i find myself skipping through various tracks of sslp/mmlp because they're just corny af but there are still some worth listening too.

Relapse is underrated and slept on. After that is when shit really hit the fan though. How are the older albums corny btw?

Eos

Relapse is underrated and slept on. After that is when shit really hit the fan though. How are the older albums corny btw?

not the albums themselves, but some lines in the track/tracks themselves, like my fault
i liked relapse more than recovery but i haven't listened to them in a while but they're not really good albums. they gotta a couple of tracks i'll fuck with but other than that, just straight recycle bin status

illadelph

I always felt this way. Infinite, SSLP, MMLP, Eminem Show (his best), and Relapse are all personal classics, with lots of tracks on Encore and Recovery being great as well. Everything since that Bad Meets Evil album has been unlistenable, though.

Dominator

I always felt this way. Infinite, SSLP, MMLP, Eminem Show (his best), and Relapse are all personal classics, with lots of tracks on Encore and Recovery being great as well. Everything since that Bad Meets Evil album has been unlistenable, though.
I'd agree with this as well, but put Recovery in with the rest. I know thats not a very popular opinion (nor do I post here often, so who gives a shit I guess), but I didn't mind the yelling at all on that album, and I honestly like almost every track on there. Its not as good as his earlier stuff by no means, but I don't mind it at all. Bad Meets Evil was badddddd though aside from Take From Me, and MMLP2 is just... bleh. Some songs on there I can tolerate but I never go back to it.

Shady XV was a mix of hit and miss (more miss but I really liked the hits), and the Southpaw soundtrack is the same as Shady XV. The BME song Raw on Southpaw has some of the best flow Eminem has done in awhile, but the fucking verse is one of the worst I've ever heard.

I think he can make another great album with the right people behind him.

pronk420

Now that drake is ceo of iTunes he has that radio show that's on beats 1 tomorrow right? Should be interesting if he's on it, and it wasn't prerecorded like a month ago

Also how about that yung lean? Seems like someone rapgaf would love

Fjordson

I think the OVO show is pre-recorded, so it probably won't have anything on all this shit. OVO fest next week is what could be interesting.

Are people still liking Apple Music? I kinda wanna sign up just for these radio shows. Like doesn't Dre have one?

Now that drake is ceo of iTunes he has that radio show that's on beats 1 tomorrow right? Should be interesting if he's on it, and it wasn't prerecorded like a month ago

Also how about that yung lean? Seems like someone rapgaf would love

unknown memory was a good mixtape. he's a corny kid but makes some enjoyable stuff to listen to and his producers especially are on point.

Tokubetsu

I think the OVO show is pre-recorded, so it probably won't have anything on all this shit. OVO fest next week is what could be interesting.

Are people still liking Apple Music? I kinda wanna sign up just for these radio shows. Like doesn't Dre have one?

pretty sure all the shows that aren't in studio (like the dre stuff) is pre-recorded.

Koozek

I just remembered how I only found out years later that Diddy's Press Play was largely ghostwritten by Pharoahe Monch, after having already thought so subconsiously when it came out.
Especially on this track it's so painfully obvious:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVSc3JRjc8k

Are there any other examples of big rappers sounding like their ghostwriter on track?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom