• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
fuck, i wish i knew - so much of it is bandcamp so you just dont see vinyl releases much

even hydeout/Nujabes stuff that gets CD releases, only saw singles on vinyl and those are stupid expensive...still gonna track any down that i can when i make it out to japan next year. but yeah, id love to know too

I mean, can you buy vinyls of popular records? Like, if I wanted to grab some vinyls of records to hang on my wall or some shit, is that doable, or do you need to buy them when they come out?

Quoted for new page

Already gone
V1LCjOx.png

damn

IrishNinja

I mean, can you buy vinyls of popular records? Like, if I wanted to grab some vinyls of records to hang on my wall or some shit, is that doable, or do you need to buy them when they come out?

i only follow modern hip hop ones so i dunno...but vinyl's already a niche crowd, and jazz-hop an even smaller one, so i assume that's why i never see an LJones, Jenova 7, Jacobs, Uyama Hiroto etc one or i'd buy the fuck out of it

Esch

Banned
Haahahahaha haahahahaha

I just realized that during that Dame interview Charlemagne was rocking a Hov t-shirt and a Roc Nation hat. (Only got to listen to the audio at work)

Dude is a master troll.

WanderingWind

i only follow modern hip hop ones so i dunno...but vinyl's already a niche crowd, and jazz-hop an even smaller one, so i assume that's why i never see an LJones, Jenova 7, Jacobs, Uyama Hiroto etc one or i'd buy the fuck out of it

That's a goddamn shame. Where do you buy modern vinyls online? Amazon?

Courage

To be honest I wouldn't bother with Kendrick's album for today/this weekend. People either too loyal, too paranoid or lying about it. And as much as I want to listen to it: the album leaking like 10 days too early is just too brutal.

bAJoSG5.jpg

Can't wait to read your impressions later tonight.

IrishNinja

That's a goddamn shame. Where do you buy modern vinyls online? Amazon?

mostly from the artists site, or one that resells - i wanna say that's how i got RTJ2
a great one that doesn't get new stuff often but really hooks up the freebies is GetOnDown - again i bought the LE of 36 Seasons, right? they tossed in Ironman vinyl, and a puzzle of the cover too! so cool

Will y'all let hip hop die on March 9th?

damn, we back on this huh

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
OK I'm legitimately confused so help me out GAF-Hop.

What's the difference between an album and a mixtape since I see everyone now putting their mixtape on iTunes and shit?

To be honest I wouldn't bother with Kendrick's album for today/this weekend. People either too loyal, too paranoid or lying about it. And as much as I want to listen to it: the album leaking like 10 days too early is just too brutal.

bAJoSG5.jpg

hope this shit don't leak.

aint eem gonna listen to the King Kunta snippet.

going in raw baby.

tumblr_mkb10qnh1y1rhkyyso1_250.gif

Fjordson

What's the difference between an album and a mixtape since I see everyone now putting their mixtape on iTunes and shit?
The line is super blurred these days.

I feel like a mixtape is just an album that doesn't have to go through distribution or label shit or anything like that. Though then you have independent artists on bandcamp and whatnot who don't even have access to that stuff so...I don't really know these days :lol

I've always felt that a mixtape is when theres a DJ yelling over the shit and they jack other people's beats and rhyme over em unofficially (drake's 1st tape). also, if it's a bunch of new material that are throwaways just thrown onto a tape, then that's also a mixtape imo (like drake's last tape).

if it's a whole tape full of new material that the artist intended to be cohesive, then it's an album to me (section.80).

WanderingWind

mostly from the artists site, or one that resells - i wanna say that's how i got RTJ2
a great one that doesn't get new stuff often but really hooks up the freebies is GetOnDown - again i bought the LE of 36 Seasons, right? they tossed in Ironman vinyl, and a puzzle of the cover too! so cool

The Cool is going for 200 bucks. I think my stay in the vinyl game is gonna be a short one

Fjordson

The Cool is going for 200 bucks. I think my stay in the vinyl game is gonna be a short one
Yeah, it can be rough.

My brother is obsessed with vinyl, but he treats more as like just...like going to the record store and picking up whatever dope stuff he comes across, as opposed to going after specific ones online because of the crazy prices. You can stumble upon stacks of great records for like 5-6 bucks each.

IrishNinja

say whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat
that's crazy. again i just snipe old ones on ebay every paycheck or so - Supreme Clientele, Wu Forever and Love Movement were creeping up so i caught em at $20, gonna check my list just to make sure some older ones don't do that on me too

My brother is obsessed with vinyl, but he treats more as like just...like going to the record store and picking up whatever dope stuff he comes across, as opposed to going after specific ones online because of the crazy prices. You can stumble upon stacks of great records for like 5-6 bucks each.

see the one shop down south that carries em for that price only gets DJ's turning in singles though, can't find LPs for shit in hip hop

Fjordson

Man, Dame and his weird thing with other men is bizarre.

"I ain't interested in other dudes"
"Why weren't there any women at the last supper??"
"I don't fight for other men!"
"Why are men so interested in other men??"
"You enjoy having a man being able to fire you?!?"

Uhhh...

see the one shop down south that carries em for that price only gets DJ's turning in singles though, can't find LPs for shit in hip hop
Yeah, I guess that kinda thing just depends on what's around you. Luckily we have some pretty nice ones in and around San Fran. Just went to Amoeba the other day with my brother and they still have a great selection.

WanderingWind

Man, now I'm thinking how dope it'd be to to have Death is Silent hanging next to The Cool with that Lone Wolf LP on the side.

1 2 3
4 5 6
7 8 9

Or something like that with Oneirology, Born to Die, August and Everything After, and 3 others I can't think of.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Yo WHAT THE FUCK IS DAME TALKING ABOUT

THIS INTERVIEW WHAT THE FUCK

I'm still going through it but what the fuck is this shit.

This guy is the most insecure dude in the entire world. Dude out-Kanyes Kanye in slavery analogies, insecure about getting help from anyone and insecure about being within a foot of another man in fear of him potentially having to say pause

the shitty, stapled cookie bag his son made breaking up the argument omg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom