• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.
King Kunta...

S799vbT.gif

IrishNinja

... around San Fran. Just went to Amoeba the other day with my brother and they still have a great selection.

man, the summer i spent in San Fran, i was so jelly of both Amoeba & Rasputin both, such dope selections. i imagine there's a markup on classic vinyl though?

Fjordson

King Kunta is pretty dope.

I hear a San Andreas sample in there, but maybe I'm crazy.

man, the summer i spent in San Fran, i was so jelly of both Amoeba & Rasputin both, such dope selections. i imagine there's a markup on classic vinyl though?
It doesn't seem like it, but I'd have to ask my brother. Seems like he gets mostly decent prices.

That was pretty decent. I feel like context will be important for everything on this record though. Sort of like GKMC

Yup. It starts so abruptly that it's clear the previous track intros into it. And it ends as a skit begins. The first verses are a bit underwhelming to me, as is the build to the chorus. But the last verse is like vintange Snoop/Kurrupt/etc flowing over funk.

For those that don't listen: it knocks HARD. Live some 90s era Quik or Dre sampling Parliment.

Nibel

That was pretty decent. I feel like context will be important for everything on this record though. Sort of like GKMC

Yeah, he has a concept in mind that is woven into the music, artwork etc - think I will bail out after this and also try to keep the King Kunta rotation on the low

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Dame saying the best way to learn is to put your money up with no experience in the business you're making. What the fuck...
He did the Omarion dance around that where did you get your money from originally question.

Deluded doesn't even begin to describe the amount of hypocrisy contained in this interview.

Esch

Banned
I really like it apart from the goofy female vocal bit and the random 'boingggg!!!' sound effect. I know it's supposed to be retro west coast and all, but that shit toooooo funny
Mm84Hms.png

Fjordson

Dame saying the best way to learn is to put your money up with no experience in the business you're making. What the fuck...
"How can a man say he has a boss and be proud???"

You're pathetic if you ain't your own boss brehs.

I really like it apart from the goofy female vocal bit and the random 'boingggg!!!' sound effect. I know it's supposed to be retro west coast and all, but that shit toooooo funny
Mm84Hms.png
Agreed.

Nibel

This guy is the most insecure dude in the entire world. Dude out-Kanyes Kanye in slavery analogies, insecure about getting help from anyone and insecure about being within a foot of another man in fear of him potentially having to say pause

You pretty much nailed it; Kanye is pretty tame compared to this guy. The constant aggression, the fuckery.. but damn is it entertaining

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom