• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tokubetsu

hosZxoZ.gif

can we all agree No Makeup is Kendrick's worse song tho. Not counting pre OD stuff.
Possibly.
Real is worse than no makeup
Nope.
To clarify, Section 80 is solid but it's overrated for sure. The highs I can remember are HiiiPower, Hol' Up, Poe Man Dreams, Keisha's Song and Rigamortus. Everything else is decent to trash.

Habits & Contradictions is better.

EDIT: Fuck Your Ethnicity is good too actually.

Spiteful Chant?

Foh regardless

nZMDFNg.jpg

Gotta stay relevant somehow

I feel like this is an appropriate page to dump more trash.

image.php

No Makeup & Real > Poetic Justice

Real > Poetic Justice > No Makeup

Wow King Kunta fucking sucks.

Yall can admit it.

Only One bangs tho right?

I'm just saying, GKMC is probably "better" in the way that, like, Schindler's List is better than a lot of movies, but I don't always feel like watching Schindler's List. H&C I can throw on pretty much whenever and only really have to skip Sex Drive and Grooveline. Plus Raymond 1969 is so mean.

IrishNinja

H&C is a good album that y'all stay overrating though

Gotta stay relevant somehow

I feel like this is an appropriate page to dump more trash.

i don't know what's better: putting her with another old white dude & keeping all the trash in one issue, or calling her hip hop's fierce queen

RBK

Banned
I just wanted to join in the discussion.

My intro here was enough to let people know how I feel about Kendrick.

CoolOff

Ronald Reagan Era is probably the most egregious opinion, it's the best track on the album.

I was never big on Hol' Up.

Edit: Should clarify, I like Hol' Up, but I might not even consider it top 5 on the album. RRE, Rigamortis, ADHD, HiiiPower all sit better with me.

I'm just saying, GKMC is probably "better" in the way that, like, Schindler's List is better than a lot of movies, but I don't always feel like watching Schindler's List. H&C I can throw on pretty much whenever and only really have to skip Sex Drive and Grooveline. Plus Raymond 1969 is so mean.

Yep, same goes for section 80 over gkmc

Only song I can regularly bump from gkmc are bitch don't kill my vibe and money trees, so good

And spiteful Chant is a top 3 song from kendrick

Courage

The Spiteful Chant is trash? No ADHD mention? Ronald Reagan Era, decent at best?

Kanye stans

ibnBkg6EI4PSEV.gif

I'm surprised you like Ronald Reagan Era. Conceptually and lyrically, sure, but the 'woop de woop's and 'brap brap brap's are
JgZs64Q.png
. It's aight I guess. Makes me wanna listen to the superior Reagan by Killer Mike.

Same people saying The Spiteful fucking Chant is trash will tell you Drunk & Hot Girls is a dope track, or that Food & Liquor 2 is a good album.

gra4W49.png

CoolOff

But so much of what makes Spiteful Chant great is that it's Iron. I don't think the lyrics and flows are that good, and the hook is weak.

I still remember that Assassins Creed-trailer, first time I heard Iron. One of my favorite E3-moments.

Esch

Banned
I'm surprised you like Ronald Reagan Era. Conceptually and lyrically, sure, but the 'whoppedy woop's and 'brap brap brap's are
JgZs64Q.png
. It's aight I guess. Makes me wanna listen to the superior Reagan by Killer Mike.
The flow he comes with on it is hella dope and the beat is soulful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom