• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lasers was like Lady In The Water. It ended my interest in Lupe at the time, and I thought I'd never give him a second chance. He then went off the deep end in later years with horrible attempts at troll rap and other embarrassing shit.

But I think his new album is dope. It loses steam in the "winter" arc but overall it's a good album with good production.

RBK

Banned
3 classics? What the fuck alternate timeline you come from breh

All I'm going to say is that the Lasers backlash wouldn't be so historically known if the first 2 albums were just middling releases.

You guys can have at it from there.

@PheonixDark Winter arc in T&Y is probably the best sequence of songs for me, album got progressively better track by track. And Chopper?
music-headphones-wow.gif

If you tell me you would much rather listen to Blur My Hands or No Scratches, you're lying.
This is easy. Those songs aren't 10 fucking mins long filled with weak verse after weak verse. Truthfully, I don't get anyone liking Chopper I feel like I have to question if they have ever listened to any good posse cuts in their life. What's worse is that I used to like some of the rappers in that song too

The song with a billion rappers....meh. But I love Deliver.

Deliver is the song that gave me false hope for that album.

Then everyone starts raving about Mural and I got hyped.

Then I listen to it and it's Lupe doing a Canibus impression for 9 minutes of monotony and none of the other tracks live up to Deliver. I guess the season interludes were good too.

I'm beyond done with Lupe at this point. But considering that I can't even go back to F&L or The Cool, I think I just grew out of his music. Can't even go back to his mixtape and original F&L leaked tracks I used to play all the time.

If you tell me you would much rather listen to Blur My Hands or No Scratches, you're lying.

Not really into No Scratches either.

Chopper is typical Lupe overthinking shit. I heard him explain the track by saying he wanted the realest gangster rappers on the track. The problem is that most of those dudes can't rap. Which is why guys like Nas or Hov are 10 times better rappers than Cormega or Beanie Sigel: while they were spending all their time in the streets, Nas/Hov/etc were writing shit and learning how to rap. You can't tell me that track wouldn't be better if it had Ross, Jeezy, etc. Call them fake or whatever but they'd kill that beat.

RBK

Banned
This is easy. Those songs aren't 10 fucking mins long filled with weak verse after weak verse. Truthfully, I don't get anyone liking Chopper I feel like I have to question if they have ever listened to any good posse cuts in their life. What's worse is that I used to like some of the rappers in that song too

giphy.gif

RBK

Banned
You can't tell me that track wouldn't be better if it had Ross, Jeezy, etc. Call them fake or whatever but they'd kill that beat.
I'll agree somewhat.

I don't know a good bulk of the rappers on the track, but I don't think the bigger name rappers would have been able to provide the gritty tone the song has.

Not really into No Scratches either.

Chopper is typical Lupe overthinking shit. I heard him explain the track by saying he wanted the realest gangster rappers on the track. The problem is that most of those dudes can't rap. Which is why guys like Nas or Hov are 10 times better rappers than Cormega or Beanie Sigel: while they were spending all their time in the streets, Nas/Hov/etc were writing shit and learning how to rap. You can't tell me that track wouldn't be better if it had Ross, Jeezy, etc. Call them fake or whatever but they'd kill that beat.
Let's be real though, it probably was the best decision to go with unknown names. Lupe fanbase would have had a heart attack seeing those names...

Finally listening to that new Goodbye Tomorrow single. Whew... If they keep up that quality, they could be dropping Album of the Year.

I'm working under the assumption they're not going to follow the TDE business model.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
The price is mainly because The Cool only had an initial print when it first came out. Vinyl wasn't as popular back then so they only had smaller runs (regardless that it was on a major) and once they were done, that was it. Also, you can get a copy for 80 bucks.

ZsZjPKil.png
I'm a writer not a biter tho

for real, it was - i just reject PD/others notion that it was a classic

The Cool was a classic. It's in his wiki if you look real quick

except mediocrity brehs

"Accept," you uneducated swine.

Finally listening to that new Goodbye Tomorrow single. Whew... If they keep up that quality, they could be dropping Album of the Year.

I'm working under the assumption they're not going to follow the TDE business model.

dude kinda sounds a bit like drake. with some more punch. I wonder if Kanye is looking at him since he's a chicago rapper.

dude kinda sounds a bit like drake. with some more punch. I wonder if Kanye is looking at him since he's a chicago rapper.

Meek Mill x Drake x Kanye was my immediate take in terms of rapping. Wasn't doing much for me on the mic, but the tracks as a whole, the 2nd single in particular, are pretty good.

Fjordson

sheeeit. I need to keep up with gaming news, had no idea it was out for PS4
Yeah man, it's pretty dope. The port runs worse than it should on PS4 which is annoying, but it's good. Way better than on the old consoles. I actually didn't really like it on 360, but I beat this version and did a ton of the side shit.

what's the order from best to worst of lupe's albums? i've only heard a couple of his songs
I would just listen to Food & Liquor and then The Cool.

RBK

Banned
what's the order from best to worst of lupe's albums? i've only heard a couple of his songs

Cool>F&L>T&Y>>>>>F&L2>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Lasers.

I wouldn't be suprised...especially with the visuals he's doing on his website. That seems like the sorta person Kanye would work with.

Meek Mill x Drake x Kanye was my immediate take in terms of rapping. Wasn't doing much for me on the mic, but the tracks as a whole, the 2nd single in particular, are pretty good.

I'm enjoying them so far. I think he's definitely more skilled than Drake and Kanye as far as rapping goes. I just wonder how much longer he'll carry on the whole mystery thing.

mooooose

New Lupe is fucking trash just off the title. Corny as fuck that dude is so done. Anyone giving him a second chance is in denial or trend hopping.

Yeah man, it's pretty dope. The port runs worse than it should on PS4 which is annoying, but it's good. Way better than on the old consoles. I actually didn't really like it on 360, but I beat this version and did a ton of the side shit.

Fjordson finally seeing the light

WanderingWind

Enjoying this a lot.

I really, really love the album. It was linked here last night and I've been spinning it ever sense.

I also sort of went nuts on some record buying. Bought The Cool for 80 bucks and Death is Silent for 120. Along with a collection of like, 9 others. Now I just need a record player.

WanderingWind

Nope, I have literally no idea what to look for. Which is ironic because I actually had a record player when those were still a thing the first time around. I'd really love something nice, but something with some classic stylings.

IrishNinja

damn...faded but my man WW went deep in the vinyl game...welcome bruh

lmfao at a lupe album being a "classic"

lupe dont got any classics

the cool was good, and i guess i liked F&L but that's pretty much it

preach bros

Yeah every time a new Action Bronson album is coming people tend to get a little crazy in here.

seriously, like im sittin on these acid tabs for the full release but ya'l aint trynna wait

The Cool was a classic. It's in his wiki if you look real quick

i don't doubt it; lupe benefited heavily from joining during the historically low Laffy Taffy mid-aughts period when some shit like Kick, Push got treated like T.R.O.Y. or something so he cultivated a stronger fanbase of fatherless males than even Joe Budden - wiki crimes would be the least of their sins; we lucky he don't have a crytpocurrency running el salvador yet

Soooo "We Don't Die" (which I'm assuming is the Colbert joint <3) and is a bonus track on disc 2, along with "The Heart pt. 4".

Is this new information, or did I miss it wading though the fuckery of the past 5 (100ppp!) pages?

Kimosabae

Banned
Did I just read "Mural" is a "Canibus impression"? The fuck am I reading in here?

This is probably known, but May 23rd marks the 15 year anniversary of the MMLP. I only remember this, because I probably consider the the most anticipated and subsequently, happiest day of my teenaged life. Perfect Dark and MMLP both dropped that day and the wait for both was unbearable. I still remember the day quite vividly.

The bell never rang in school that day, brehs. Had to bounce at lunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom