• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nibel

Soooo "We Don't Die" (which I'm assuming is the Colbert joint <3) and is a bonus track on disc 2, along with "The Heart pt. 4".

Is this new information, or did I miss it wading though the fuckery of the past 5 (100ppp!) pages?

The entire tracklist is fake and from what Kendrick/TDE said the song was more or less put together in a rush.

Ahh kk, thanks.

And yeah, I knew from that Terrace Martin NPR interview that the song only came together fully the night before the Colbert show, but I'm still holding out hope for a studio cut...

Nibel

Ahh kk, thanks.

And yeah, I knew from that Terrace Martin NPR interview that the song only came together fully the night before the Colbert show, but I'm still holding out hope for a studio cut...

We all do brother, it's a good song - I just wonder if a studio version would have a similar energy like the live version.

pronk420

hey my GAF hot boys and girls, i've just come across Gucci Man and Young Hugga, and I can't figure out if this is good or if its just a joke or is this real life? I just listened to Donald Trump and I don't know what is happening

i think i saw some people mentioning young thug in here but i can't tell if they're being ironic or not.

same goes for lil' b, except i heard this and its pretty based so i don't know what to think anymore https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddCfjl8ep2E

That Dame Dash interview with Breakfast club is hilarious. Man brings his crew and his dog to the studio but catches feelings when they ask him a question about Jay? I never liked dude even way back in his heyday and everything that's happened since just confirms my initial perception of him as a shady, snake like piece of shit.

codhand

I'm buying this

whitney_receipts.gif

Listening to Dame really gives you a perspective on how some people think. I wouldn't even say some black people, because there are people of all colors who believe working for someone else is an affront to their dignity.

He sounds like the smart dumb niccas I see at the barbershop. Talking slick and getting by with petty bullshit. He claims he doesn't have the time to own restaurants anymore and notes he lost some money, then claims his 23 year old son owns a restaurant. Come on. Allegedly it's called Buns but Google doesn't reveal a "Buns" with Dash connections.

He also has a very idiotic view of business. Overall it was just a laughable performance, and once again he wasn't challenged. How is his 58min movie/tv show doing? Are sales good? Are investors interested? Granted he'd probably lie about all of this but it would be easy to get him upset about it too.

Jay Z isn't a boss because someone gave him money? His entire perspective is built on spinning the success of others into failure and spinning his personal failure into success. Hov can do just about anything he wants, let's be real. Him "working for" Live Nation has been a success, much bigger than I would have guessed; I thought the deal was ludicrous at the time.

Last point: you could tell Mook is getting tired of his shit. Maybe that's why Smoke DZA didn't show up this time. Dame likely owes him money, or will in a few months. I had totally forgotten about DZA and it doesn't seem like he's doing much of anything.

I can only imagine what those late 90s Roc business meetings were like with Dame up in everyone's shit.Dude carries himself like a mob racketeer

Koozek

Listening to Dame really gives you a perspective on how some people think. I wouldn't even say some black people, because there are people of all colors who believe working for someone else is an affront to their dignity.

He sounds like the smart dumb niccas I see at the barbershop. Talking slick and getting by with petty bullshit. He claims he doesn't have the time to own restaurants anymore and notes he lost some money, then claims his 23 year old son owns a restaurant. Come on. Allegedly it's called Buns but Google doesn't reveal a "Buns" with Dash connections.

He also has a very idiotic view of business. Overall it was just a laughable performance, and once again he wasn't challenged. How is his 58min movie/tv show doing? Are sales good? Are investors interested? Granted he'd probably lie about all of this but it would be easy to get him upset about it too.

Jay Z isn't a boss because someone gave him money? His entire perspective is built on spinning the success of others into failure and spinning his personal failure into success. Hov can do just about anything he wants, let's be real. Him "working for" Live Nation has been a success, much bigger than I would have guessed; I thought the deal was ludicrous at the time.

Last point: you could tell Mook is getting tired of his shit. Maybe that's why Smoke DZA didn't show up this time. Dame likely owes him money, or will in a few months. I had totally forgotten about DZA and it doesn't seem like he's doing much of anything.

Best part was when he asked the dude next to him "Would you disrespect me for a 100 thousand dollars?" with his hands on his shoulders, looking him straight in the eyes, on camera and with other people in the room :D You will obviously get an honest answer in that situation, yeah. I wonder how many of his partners he was owing "only" a 100k and shrugged it off, lol.

HiResDes

Nope, I have literally no idea what to look for. Which is ironic because I actually had a record player when those were still a thing the first time around. I'd really love something nice, but something with some classic stylings.
I use a Denon DP-300f because it has a built-in preamp, which allows it to play directly with active speakers without the need for an amp, it also has a cartridge that's easily removed allowing me to upgrade to the Shure piece I always wanted, and finally it looks pretty damn sleek.

DominoKid

watching this dame interview while i cook breakfast. this is worse than i expected. where's the self awareness? every other line got me like
951.gif

i would never do business w/ a cat like this. how could you?

HiResDes

Umm this new Rome Fortune ain't bad at all. It's like a spiritual successor to his Beautiful Pimp series. It's all super down tempo and has almost this lounge sound scape to it. I listened to it last night after having a few night caps by my lonesome. It's quite easy to listen to it and seems super chill and light hearted with just a touch of romantic nostalgia.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
So, I'm thinking of going with this turntable but now there is an issue of speakers. What do you look for in speakers? Besides, you know, them being black.

solid turntable. speakers all depend on how much you're looking to spend. on the thrifty low end? These will get the job done. Not much bass, but the sounds are clear and crisp and they can get pretty loud.

I really liked these at double the price when I sound tested them at best buy

and I'm thinking of upgrading my current pair with these in the near future (maybe my birthday?)

overcast

Still haven't listened to it. I remember when Backseat/Art of Peer Pressure leaked.

Similar feeling. Not disregarding opinions, just fun to take note of.

JohnDoe

Banned
that King Kunta shit is light. this the shit that folks was hyped over a while back?

I really like it *shrug*
But I am really into Parliament/Funkadelic sooo....

Yeah, I remember Pharrell gushing over it as if it's some kind of pro-black musical milestone.

What were you expecting from a dude who spouts NuBlack nonsense and wears the Arby's logo on his head? &#55356;&#57117;
Nah seriously though, I gotta agree with you. From the early reports we got on the song I was expecting something completely different.

Courage

What were you expecting from a dude who spouts NuBlack nonsense and wears the Arby's logo on his head? &#65533;&#65533;
Nah seriously though, I gotta agree with you. From the early reports we got on the song I was expecting something completely different.

Nah you're right, should have been cautious. He's an untalented fraud after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom