• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trey

Alright is prolly the catchiest song on the album. Simple, easy to remember, positive hook that has a whole lot of energy for the crowd to vibe to. It'll definitely be a single.

DominoKid

it'll be interesting to see which joint Interscope forcefeeds as the next single. there isn't a single song on the album that really works on the radio. even Alright is pretty dull for an upbeat track. they didn't really have a choice but to lead w/ I and that was a total bust.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
it'll be interesting to see which joint Interscope forcefeeds as the next single. there isn't a single song on the album that really works on the radio. even Alright is pretty dull for an upbeat track. they didn't really have a choice but to lead w/ I and that was a total bust.
Yeah I think nothing works very well as a single.

Closest thing would be King Kunta which is upbeat. Alright is indeed way too dull to be a single. Terrible hook and the Pharrell feature wouldn't be enough to undo that.

RBK

Banned
Apparently by Cole was on the radio, shouldn't be hard to find a single off TPaB.

Alright, King Kunta, or Hood Politics would be good candidates.

DominoKid

Cole sing straight damn near straight through that whole shit though. Its more fitting for radio than anything on kendrick album in content and sound.

RBK

Banned
Cole sing straight damn near straight through that whole shit though. Its more fitting for radio than anything on kendrick album in content and sound.

In that case, even though I'm not a big fan...These Walls should be more than fine.

Complexion is another worthy radio single as well.

injurai

Banned
O3Wtg8X.png

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Yeah I think nothing works very well as a single.

Closest thing would be King Kunta which is upbeat. Alright is indeed way too dull to be a single. Terrible hook and the Pharrell feature wouldn't be enough to undo that.
Alright? Dull? That couldn't be farther drom the truth. Enzo what album you cop?

These Walls could definitely get play. Not saying it'll be a hit - there are no hits on this album. But I could see it getting play on different formats. That shit is straight up r&b smoothness. Cut the skit as well as the last verse and it's radio radio.

studyguy

These Walls could definitely get play. Not saying it'll be a hit - there are no hits on this album. But I could see it getting play on different formats. That shit is straight up r&b smoothness. Cut the skit as well as the last verse and it's radio radio.

"i" is already a hit no?
I mean it's not going to give the album anymore traction, but it is a hit.
Blacker the Berry should have dropped first imo, the mainstream prob would have picked up on i if it was dropped second and then swept into this off of that attention.

mooooose

The thing about TPAB is there are a lot of potential singles that will generate some good buzz but no obvious singles. The album is cohesive but also sonically touches a lot of different areas, so hypothetically there is something to please a lot of the market but not everyone.

Esch

Banned
Looks like the whole press is giving Kendrick an esch scale pass competely. ppl really convincing themselves this album ain't full of misses and
dUlMFSY.png
worthy sections

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
We call this the overcorrection reaction. Some of these sites weren't onboard until it was clear Kendrick was a movement. So now, he's entered that critical darling phase where no matter what he does for say, the next two years or so* he'd untouchable.

*Unless he's mean to Taylor Swift or a close facsimile.

DominoKid

Critics love an album that gives them a lot to write about. TPAB wilk be the inspiration for a thousand garbage ass thinkpieces over the next few weeks. Nevermind the fact that the album is nuttier than squirrel shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom