• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
So, you know, I been listening to that Mr. Wonderful. And what I got to say about it, is that its, a very, decent project, pause.
ynao8rF.png

It's like interesting, because you know, with a little more work, it feels like it could have succeeded the sum of its works. But I'm not trying to comment on the work of another man, pause. That's some Chatty Patty shit, bruh. Real men don't do that.

Meanwhile I'd like to think of this for the time being you know, like a transitionary period for action. There are moments here when he's tapping into something, you know what, that it sorta feels like he's inventing his own new style or something. It sorta feels like piano bar rap, some Billy Joel shit. Like some Elton John type frat bar rap, pause. Stuff like Light in the Addict.
ynao8rF.png

Honestly I would say that Action Bronson put together a pretty good effort here. I'm not trying to comment on the work of another man but if I were, i'd say that his intermittent kayfabe breaking and vulnerability on songs like Terry could potentially be one of his strengths because he can sound bitter if he wants to. I would also say that I love when Action Bronson does wavy joints like Actin Crazy, cause it reminds me of one of my favorites, Jar of Drugs. If I was going to talk about another man i might suggest that Action Bronson attempt a project full of wavy, maybe even with moments of screwing type production. I realize of course you dummy, that Bronson had a project with Harry Fraud, pause. But they didn't exploit the potential of that lane properly, pause.

I think this also ties in heavy with what he was trying to do (i mean i would have done it differently pause cause i know exactly how to move in these situations) on excellent tracks like Easy Rider and City Boy Blues. When he does tracks like these, he sorta taps in heavy on some undiscovered psychedelic white boy culture vulture lane that i haven't really heard from anyone else, pause. But I'm not trying to comment on another man. But if I was, I might suggest that linking up with Ski Beatz or Black Milk might be a good career move with him. You know I had Action Bronson signed to my label once and I was giving him advice like this but we parted. On favorable terms of course, pause.
ynao8rF.png

I saw that on Only in America, he did the Jay-Z "I'm Focused, Man" intro. Of course I came up with that during the Hard Knock Life tour but I let Jay have it you know. That track is ill tho.
ynao8rF.png

I mean obviously guys like Action Bronson are culture vultures, because he nabbed that shit from Ghostface of course. Forget that he's clearly delving into lots of different lanes that feel natural and completely organic, this is why we gotta own our own record labels so culture vultures like him don't take up the airwaves. I'm not trying to comment on Action Bronson's new record but if I was I'd say it's an extremely strong effort that has some conventional stuff, and some stuff that I feel is quite uniquely his own. Real men would probably give it 4 mics out of 5.

bespokeivzew.gif

Esch

Banned
yeah see frat rap as a label is pretty off putting but roth & this are both tight for very different reasons at least

if i had said beta male anime rap, would you have been into it, pause?

But either way i'm not trying to talk about another dude right now
dame.png

Fjordson

There are moments here when he's tapping into something, you know what, that it sorta feels like he's inventing his own new style or something. It sorta feels like piano bar rap, some Billy Joel shit. Like some Elton John type frat bar rap, pause. Stuff like Light in the Addict.
This is really on point for how it feels to me. I like that vibe he has going.

I still feel like City Boy Blues could have used a verse or two, but maybe I'm wrong. Might just feel weird coming right after the skit.

I was just going to buy it and listen to it on Monday but fuck it. gotta eat.

still buying tho, Bronson has given us so many free plates it would be disrespectful not to shoot him $10.

IrishNinja

if i had said beta male anime rap, would you have been into it, pause?

But either way i'm not trying to talk about another dude right now
dame.png

qcCZ8zs.jpg

sure, but that just illustrates my prior point on sub-sub-genres

fatherless rap
beta male anime rap
help-me-get-my-swag-up-before-going-inna-HR-office rap
(pause) rap
people who use rap genius for lupe tracks and read canibus' blog type rap
lock-my-doors-near-urban-folks-but-the-roots-are-nice grammy type rap
too blac...er, bleak (same thing i guess) rap
i stopped givin a shit bout halfway through '98 type rap

etc etc..so many lanes for these cac vultures & tall isrealis

I was just going to buy it and listen to it on Monday but fuck it. gotta eat.

still buying tho, Bronson has given us so many free plates it would be disrespectful not to shoot him $10.

+1, plus he put me onto what looks like a nice jamaican patty place out here im trying to hit up soon

Courage

Brehs, I like every song on this new Bronson
Thug Love Story isn't a song stahp
. Might be his best project so far.

http://pigeonsandplanes.com/2015/03/aap-yams-cause-of-death-has-been-revealed/

At the start of this year, A$AP Yams tragically passed away at the young age of 26 years old. Despite the fact that some, including A$AP Ant, denied that drug overdose was the cause of Yams’ sudden death, New York Times music writer Jon Caramanica confirms otherwise.

According to Caramanica’s tweet, A$AP Yams’ accidental death was “caused by acute mixed drug intoxication,” which includes opiates and benzodiazepine.

More updates to come as this story develops.

Shoutouts to whoever posted the link in the chat. It's not unexpected it was an od.

Fjordson

Eknots

There's one official thread in community.

... Anyway apparently this new Death Grips is their best since Money Store. I'm excited.

Think I like it more than TMS, TMS has some of my favourite songs but this seems overall more consistent of an album, if you count NOTM+JD then I think it's #1 but that's all my opinion and stuff. It's getting better with each listen too but all of death grips is like that

Courage

As much as I love Death Grips, their whole 'our band itself is art' shtick does get frustrating. I'd love to go one of their shows if they manage to tour, but their past BS is making me hesitate.

studyguy

Heard stories that that dude was kicking back shitload of xannys. Last image of him was being all fucked up on lean the night before, no?

Fucked up way to go out.

I dont see why Death Grips intentionally burned almost every single bridge they built for what, now, looks like no reason. I like their music but they try to hard or might just lack social skills idk.

being an actually good actor. Look at the roles Pattinson's been choosing post-Twilight. Man's worked and working with Cronenberg, Herzog. Other mid-level auteurs like James Gray, Anton Corbjin. He's great in Cosmopolis

That is pretty cool tbh. I'll check out some of his shit since I have mostly avoided everything he has been in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom