• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tokubetsu

City Boy Blues now the second best Action Bronson song behind Easy Rider. No discussion about this. Just facts now.
A Light in The Addict might be third.

codhand

Listened to Mr.W about five times last night. Bronson did indeed bring his a-game, showing a lot of strong effort to go outside his comfort zone, even trying on some new hats like prog rock, lead singer.

No ZOMG beats, but Bronson singing makes me happy and there are still plenty of great beats, and no bad ones. Favorite tracks: City Boy Blues, and Terry. Least favorite track, don't dislike it, but Only In America, is just OK, coulda been off any of his mixtapes, also the mixing doesn't fit with the rest of the album's mixing.

Biggest complaint is that I just wanted more of it. Not his best project imo, still like BC1-2 and Rare Chandeliers more. Will that change? Maybe, this will definitely be getting spring-summer + outdoor-activity spins. Hopefully shit will sell well, so we get more albums like this from Bronson and company, as producers obviously like working with him, and his projects are always just plain fun. 8/10

Easy Rider is the best song on the album by a country mile. City Boys Blues comes in a distant second. Not feeling Terry. Why does the production on Only in America sound so muffled, that song shouldve been a lot better than it was.

codhand

Tryna do the remix with Pitbull
Tell the pilot land at Schiphol
Play the violin with dimples
Life's ironic and it's simple
Smoke good, fuck, eat, drink
Drive nice car, wear all green mink

Terry is my shit

So Drake slept with Wayne's girl back in 2010 while dude was in jail doing a bid. Thats some Stringer Bell snake ass nicca shit. Not so much sleeping with a woman whose man is in jail, but betraying the trust of a friend and business partner.

DominoKid

So Drake slept with Wayne's girl back in 2010 while dude was in jail doing a bid. Thats some Stringer Bell snake ass nicca shit. Not so much sleeping with a woman whose man is in jail, but betraying the trust of a friend and business partner.

I figured they shared all them chicks anyway.

codhand

chatty patty over here

http://www.tmz.com/2015/03/20/lil-wayne-shopping-book-proposal-drake-girlfriend-rikers-island/

KENDRICK THE PROPHET.

IF ONLY THESE WALLS COULD TALK
4TspXSr.gif

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Easy Rider is the best song on the album by a country mile. City Boys Blues comes in a distant second. Not feeling Terry. Why does the production on Only in America sound so muffled, that song shouldve been a lot better than it was.
This leak is hot. The bass is overblown, the highs are super bright and trashy. Whoever ripped it did it with a potato.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
There's a lot of distortion on The Rising. His voice sounds like it was clipping when he recorded it, and they mixed it down. It probably is just the rip. Hopefully.

City Boy Blues and Easy Rider take me to another time brehs. Just driving in the summer on the freeway, destination unknown, speed limit disregarded. Maybe I'm driving to a camping site with my girl. Maybe I'm giving a convict hitchhiker a ride. Maybe I'm a trucker who just of my dick sucked.

What a ride. Btw I hope yall are right about the mixing being a rip issue. Way too hot at various points.

codhand

City Boy Blues and Easy Rider take me to another time brehs. Just driving in the summer on the freeway, destination unknown, speed limit disregarded. Maybe I'm driving to a camping site with my girl. Maybe I'm giving a convict hitchhiker a ride. Maybe I'm a trucker who just of my dick sucked.

What a ride. Btw I hope yall are right about the mixing being a rip issue. Way too hot at various points.

i wouldnt be surprised if levels are still hot on some of the improv rock stuff, but overall the bit rate of the leak is just pure shit, datpiff 06 level bad.

wenis

Compared to the rest of Bronson's material, Mr. Wonderful as a whole comes off way more bitter, angry and kinda dour.

Courage

I like Chance on Baby Blue. One he isn't that nasally and two he fits the chorus, which is petty and sounds like something a little kid would say, which is exactly what Chance sounds like.

thabiz

I like Chance on Baby Blue. One he isn't that nasally and two he fits the chorus, which is petty and sounds like something a little kid would say, which is exactly what Chance sounds like.

not so much chance, still annoying, but the track itself is weak. super weak beat.

wenis

I'd say Falconry is the weakest track.
The album is kinda weak. There's standout tracks but nothing that screams "this is my label debut". The singles are hot, but Party Supplies didn't really bring it and it just doesn't feel like a Bronson record.

Fjordson

After a few more listens last night I'm definitely coming around on the non-rap bits of Mr. Wonderful. It all just fits together well.

Think Galactic Love may gaining on Terry as my favourite track though. That beat is crazy.
Ovofest ticket time.

shits liking playing the lottery
Man I would love to go to that. I've never seen Drake live.

mooooose

I think Only in America is hot trash, even though I get what they were going for.

The album is okay. It's pretty short so it's an unoffensive listen. I think Brand New Car, Terry, Actin' Crazy, City Boy Blues, and Baby Blue are all dope. Easy Rider is pretty dope too. But I don't really fuck with the rest, which is a bummer.

I think Brand New Car is fucking amazing. I'd be down for a whole Bronson/Billy Joel mixtape.

BC2 > Saab Stories > Dr. Lecter > Mr. Wonderful > Rare Chandeliers > BC > Well Done

Everyone's gonna shit on me for rating RC so low, but I just think the upper half is better. Mad people are going to say Well Done is underrated, but that shit is boring and Bronson's bars hadn't evolved yet. And everyone is going to say Saab Stories sucks, but it's the only Bronson album (until now) to have hooks (and they're dope hooks!) and I liked the production on it because I'm not a Harry Fraud wave rider.

mooooose

Oh No is a trash producer but a great crate digger. Only in America is fucking trash. The obnoxious loop, the shitty claps, the stupid piano solo. The stupid Party Supplies hook. Garbage.

Galactic Love is too short. That song is awesome and the clips of him talking to his mom are great. This album is special because we see more real emotion from Action than ever. It's fun that he's hip hop's mama's boy but also stone faced to other women (pretty misogynist, really).

Vorheez

Bronson is like Shaq, he transcends his field regarding his popularity. He's a cool dude who just happens to rap, that's why people fuck with him

codhand

i know second hand stories are lame af on the internet, but my friend from Austin just texted me

"raekwon is pretty funny live
he did some drunk freestyles
and then told the audio guys to get their shit together, "what is this corded microphone shit?"

and the run the jewels dj was their dj, and ghostface was like, stop that shit, stop that shit
music didnt stop
he's like yo, cut bunny
you gotta pay attention bruh
pay the fuck attention,
come on sound man. Wires? How ni*** post ta while out?
like im playing jump rope in this motherfucka"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom