• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grakl

As much as I love Death Grips, their whole 'our band itself is art' shtick does get frustrating. I'd love to go one of their shows if they manage to tour, but their past BS is making me hesitate.

I thought that was just them saying shit, I doubt they actually think they're some kind of art thing

Vorheez

Congrats on the new job Blasian.

Been a minute Vorheeze.

vorheez back, gaf-hop sayin' vorheez back

congrats blasian. lightskinned coworkers better hope you don't catch them slippin' *moonface emoji*

It's okay. It's just something to get some money in my pocket while I get something substantial. It's assembly work. I've done a few low paying jobs and it's just tiring and sad that all I see are blacks and Latinos working in them while the supervisors and office people are all white. I'm going to dip at the first opportunity.

Good night.

Kojima died so that death grips may live.

Death Grips would go out with a bang if they stopped here. The album is great. Kojima should just go to Platinum or Nintendo, I feel like Sony would be a logical choice, but who knows if he even wants to do anything anymore.

Brand New Car
r9dE20Z.gif

I don't know who sacrificed what to the rap Gods for us to get a funk/jazz fusion hip-hop album from Kendrick, and a psychedelic/blues/rock/bar rap hip-hop album from Action Bronson but lawwwwwwwd.

Plus Pilot Talk 3 and Ka's album around the corner

iboEmdiAEqT2NA.gif

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
2014 was relatively speaking a weak year for me. '15 is already gearing up to make up for it.
So early but already some great shit and much more to come.

Not sure what I like more, Terry or Only in America.

The end of Terry into Actin' Crazy is one of my favorite parts of the album. Same for The Passage --> Easy Rider. Both sets are attached at the hip. Can't play one without the other. That alone might give Terry the W.

injurai

Banned
Does Oakland really have a hip-hop scene? As in production and artists? I feel I don't really hear about anything coming out of there. I know LA sort of steals the west coast show in general.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
So, you know, I been listening to that Mr. Wonderful. And what I got to say about it, is that its, a very, decent project, pause.
ynao8rF.png

It's like interesting, because you know, with a little more work, it feels like it could have succeeded the sum of its works. But I'm not trying to comment on the work of another man, pause. That's some Chatty Patty shit, bruh. Real men don't do that.

Meanwhile I'd like to think of this for the time being you know, like a transitionary period for action. There are moments here when he's tapping into something, you know what, that it sorta feels like he's inventing his own new style or something. It sorta feels like piano bar rap, some Billy Joel shit. Like some Elton John type frat bar rap, pause. Stuff like Light in the Addict.
ynao8rF.png

Honestly I would say that Action Bronson put together a pretty good effort here. I'm not trying to comment on the work of another man but if I were, i'd say that his intermittent kayfabe breaking and vulnerability on songs like Terry could potentially be one of his strengths because he can sound bitter if he wants to. I would also say that I love when Action Bronson does wavy joints like Actin Crazy, cause it reminds me of one of my favorites, Jar of Drugs. If I was going to talk about another man i might suggest that Action Bronson attempt a project full of wavy, maybe even with moments of screwing type production. I realize of course you dummy, that Bronson had a project with Harry Fraud, pause. But they didn't exploit the potential of that lane properly, pause.

I think this also ties in heavy with what he was trying to do (i mean i would have done it differently pause cause i know exactly how to move in these situations) on excellent tracks like Easy Rider and City Boy Blues. When he does tracks like these, he sorta taps in heavy on some undiscovered psychedelic white boy culture vulture lane that i haven't really heard from anyone else, pause. But I'm not trying to comment on another man. But if I was, I might suggest that linking up with Ski Beatz or Black Milk might be a good career move with him. You know I had Action Bronson signed to my label once and I was giving him advice like this but we parted. On favorable terms of course, pause.
ynao8rF.png

I saw that on Only in America, he did the Jay-Z "I'm Focused, Man" intro. Of course I came up with that during the Hard Knock Life tour but I let Jay have it you know. That track is ill tho.
ynao8rF.png

I mean obviously guys like Action Bronson are culture vultures, because he nabbed that shit from Ghostface of course. Forget that he's clearly delving into lots of different lanes that feel natural and completely organic, this is why we gotta own our own record labels so culture vultures like him don't take up the airwaves. I'm not trying to comment on Action Bronson's new record but if I was I'd say it's an extremely strong effort that has some conventional stuff, and some stuff that I feel is quite uniquely his own. Real men would probably give it 4 mics out of 5.

bespokeivzew.gif

LMAO ...pause

IrishNinja

more justice

This Chance verse on Baby Blue
scusthov.gif

Love that the album closes out with Easy Rider.

yeah you knew it was coming but still a fantastic finisher

Kojima died so that death grips may live.

real talk, the only victim here might be Silent Hills, and i'm not gonna deal well with that if we miss out

PT was lowkey one of the best reasons to have a PS4 for a while there

I don't know who sacrificed what to the rap Gods for us to get a funk/jazz fusion hip-hop album from Kendrick, and a psychedelic/blues/rock/bar rap hip-hop album from Action Bronson but lawwwwwwwd.

Plus Pilot Talk 3 and Ka's album around the corner

iboEmdiAEqT2NA.gif

bless this post

Definitely Bronson's best work. Galactic Love is kind of meh, but really my biggest complaint is that Thug Love Story 2017 isn't a song. Come on, those are the best songs on Blue Chips, I wanted a big budget third version.

I wish Bronson switched up his flow on some of these beats too. Production wise WHEWWW. Stadium rap status.

Calling it right now, TPAB and Mr Wonderful will have the GOAT outro songs of 2015.

Vorheez

#Positivity
Yes, stay positive brehs

I got this new rule where I only listen to stuff that makes me feel good. That dark, down, and depressed shit just clouds my judgement too much these days. I used to revel in it way back when I was heavy into Lynch, but now it's just a distraction.

injurai

Banned
Some of the stuff I listen to could throw people into night frights. But it's positive for me. Do what works for you. But I'm with Vorheez, going down the mental rabbit hole is less appealing these days. I need that music high, keep moving forward.

Nibel

There can't be better things to wake up to than a hilarious review by a Jay stan who uses Dame's fucked up logic to correctly analyze an entire album

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom