• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GW2 GAFGuild | Community Thread

Wes

venison crêpe
Think I've already said #addme earlier in the thread. In the EU so not sure how it'll all work out in the wash but anyway....

Weswes.9038

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Definitely want to join the GAF GW2 guild. I can see myself playing this for a very long time. Hopefully it also saves me money on other games as well haha

#addme Shrinnan.2849

I'm in, pre-purchased when it became available and patiently waiting for the beta weekend!

I've played a couple MMO's with Jira so he can vouch for my horribleness =P

Only played a bit of Guild Wars 1 recently to see what it was all about and have been following GW2 because it seems to answer all my MMO prayers.

What's with the #addme stuff?

Shrennin

What's with the #addme stuff?

Put "#addme" at the end of your post so the co-leaders/officers know to add you to the guild. It's also probably helpful to put your GW2 name and identifier as well if you pre-purchased.

Shrennin

I forget what the number was they assigned, where do I check that? Can't find a place to "login" anywhere.

ANet should have sent you an email thanking you for registering. In that email they should mention your number. That's where I found mine, at least! :D

Deitus

I was worried I wasn't going to get my GAF account approved before this game came out, but I just got it this past weekend. I was hoping to have something clever or insightful to say with my first post, but I guess that's not in the cards. I've been following the GW2 threads here for months, and I need to be in on this Guild.

I do have a question though. Are there any plans yet for how we will coordinate getting everyone invited to the guild? I remember seeing something where someone laid out a system for all getting on the same server (can't find the post anymore; maybe it was in one of the other threads), but what about after that? I'm not entirely sure how joining a guild works in this game, but I would assume you at least need to be invited. Should people just send a message to one of the officers, and then have them respond with a Guild invite? I know we are collecting User IDs in this thread, but I don't know if you can invite people before they have installed the game and created a character. Or maybe we'll just wing it, and wait until we see how the game works before we nail down how to coordinate. It is a beta after all, so I guess it would make sense to use this time to figure out how to coordinate so we are ready for the real release. Sorry if this has been answered before, but I skimmed the thread and I couldn't find anything. I tend to over-think these things, and while I'm sure it will all work out, it helps to know I have voiced my issue.

Anyway, see you all in the beta.

#addme

Deitus.1609

Retro

I was worried I wasn't going to get my GAF account approved before this game came out, but I just got it this past weekend. I was hoping to have something clever or insightful to say with my first post, but I guess that's not in the cards. I've been following the GW2 threads here for months, and I need to be in on this Guild.

Dude, welcome to GAF and thanks for following along with us. Excellent timing on whichever benevolent mod granted you this boon.

Ferny

I do have a question though. Are there any plans yet for how we will coordinate getting everyone invited to the guild?

Anyway, see you all in the beta.

#addme

Deitus.1609
For now, we're going to be using this weekend test to kind of work that out. If they had a SWTOR system where you kind of just are in the guild as soon as you login, that would have been awesome. The quickest way in at launch will be to just message an officer in game and we'll get you in. We can also send invites out if someone posts on the thread for an invite.

We're going to have a good amount of dedicated officers available almost all the time in order to get everyone that wants in the guild, in and ready to go.

We will also be adding officers as our numbers grow. We already have a ton of people interested and I see the number growing to more than any other guild i've seen on GAF.

Retro

To add to Ferny's post, in terms of GAF Guild presence during the Beta, we're going to be rolling on the first server (alphabetically) that begins with G. If there are multiple G-named servers, pick the lowest alphabetically (GA before GE, for example). If there is no G-named server, pick the next highest alphabetically, H, I, J and so on.

We will obviously post which server we're on in this thread, so when Beta goes live watch this thread for details.

We're going to have a good amount of dedicated officers available almost all the time in order to get everyone that wants in the guild, in and ready to go.

Yep, Officers in GW2 are just there to make sure everyone is having fun and getting along. We won't have "Class Leaders" or any crap like that, and officers aren't treated as 'better'. They're just guys who have shown initiative in helping people out, knowing about the game, etc.

In my mind, their main job is to answer questions and stomp out drama. Of course we'll be trying to organize events like WvW campaigns or dungeon runs, but all of that stuff should be happening naturally too.

Ferny

Ok everyone in the thread up to this point has been added and if you've included your ID then that has been added as well.

Guild count so far: 94

Ferny

That's... wow. For a game with no launch date, there are already 94 GAFers pre-purchased and ready to rock out?

Anyone have any idea how big other GAF-Guilds were?

Not exactly pre-purchased just yet. I'd wager there are about 10 or so who have shown interest but are waiting to buy it.

I know the Rift guild had about 150 or so at launch. The SWTOR guild had about 200 on Empire and about 190 on Republic side. So almost 400 if you were to add them together. I see us getting to that number easily honestly.

Ashodin

Ok everyone in the thread up to this point has been added and if you've included your ID then that has been added as well.

Guild count so far: 94

We're gonna have an awesome time, woohoo!!!!

And the best part? WvW we are gonna stomp some fools.

Retro

Not exactly pre-purchased just yet. I'd wager there are about 10 or so who have shown interest but are waiting to buy it.

Ah, I thought that was people who had added their account info. Still pretty good in my book.

I know the Rift guild had about 150 or so at launch. The SWTOR guild had about 200 on Empire and about 190 on Republic side. So almost 400 if you were to add them together. I see us getting to that number easily honestly.

Yeah, once the game has a release date and all of the hype spills out of this first NDA-free Beta Event, I see this thread getting busy.

And the best part? WvW we are gonna stomp some fools.

I can't wait to feel the swell of pride at seeing the Gaming Age Force banner fluttering in the breeze from the parapets of a fortress.

Ashodin

Ah, I thought that was people who had added their account info. Still pretty good in my book.

Yeah, once the game has a release date and all of the hype spills out of this first NDA-free Beta Event, I see this thread getting busy.

I can't wait to feel the swell of pride at seeing the Gaming Age Force banner fluttering in the breeze from the parapets of a fortress.

The swell.... of something?

Top Bottom