• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

H1Z1 Early Access |OT| You've got red on you.

Shady859

I am a Twitch casual never heard of Lirik till today watched some Arma 3 was fun. But wow he has 66K and the 2nd streamer is 17K. Da fuck?

Ferrio

Banned
I am a Twitch casual never heard of Lirik till today watched some Arma 3 was fun. But wow he has 66K and the 2nd streamer is 17K. Da fuck?

He's one of the top streamers on twitch, and it's a new release of an anticipated game... but ya that's still alot.

dreamlock

The hero Los Santos deserves
Bring on the screens, GAF. When you get in, that is. Oh, and twitter just went down for some reason as I was reading some tweets about the game. o_O

HowZatOZ

Banned
Even DayZ was playable from minute one. Think about that.
"Playable" is what I wouldn't call DayZ on day one, or even a good few weeks from its launch. It had bugs galore, crashes, unknown error and above all character deletion problems. Claiming otherwise is ignorant and fanboyic.

Compsiox

Banned
Have we decided on a server yet?

what servers?

To entertain you while we wait:
5HJrtkW.jpg

Overdoziz

Banned
"Playable" is what I wouldn't call DayZ on day one, or even a good few weeks from its launch. It had bugs galore, crashes, unknown error and above all character deletion problems. Claiming otherwise is ignorant and fanboyic.
It was literally playable.

Karak

Nice being able to watch all the steam broadcasts of this without having to open anything else. Digging that.

RulkezX

will be picking it up this weekend if the servers aren't going haywire and impressions are decent.

I'd be wary of reading too much into early impressions , a lot of people seem to have difficulty distinguishing between an early access game and a retail title if history is anything to go by.

OT- Unsurprisingly it seems like it's the SOE login server that's died rather than the game servers.

Anyone know if this has pad support ?

DrEvil

not a medical professional
Hit escape at the H1Z1 loading screen, then use your right click and move around, you'll eventually find the play button.

Karak

I'd be wary of reading too much into early impressions , a lot of people seem to have difficulty distinguishing between an early access game and a retail title if history is anything to go by.

OT- Unsurprisingly it seems like it's the SOE login server that's died rather than the game servers.

Anyone know if this has pad support ?

Exactly and that goes for the good as well. Its best to be weary of first impressions as a whole(for these type of games) as people get swayed both ways.

I looked in the OP but couldn't find an explanation, could someone give me a rundown on what crates and event tickets entail? Considering the premium once servers are more stable, just curious what those give you.

Overdoziz

Banned
I looked in the OP but couldn't find an explanation, could someone give me a rundown on what crates and event tickets entail? Considering the premium once servers are more stable, just curious what those give you.
You can buy a crate for 9.99 that gives you high-end weapons and ammo. Sometimes they also contain stuff like night vision goggles or a ghillie suit and that kinda stuff.

Zafir

Taken from the second page, I'm assuming this is still correct.

There will be a case and key system where you will get blueprints for cosmetic items. These blueprints will allow you to turn a t-shirt or a helmet into a rare version of it that looks cooler. You still have to find a helmet to convert but you will be able to convert as many as you want. Only people who get these blueprints will be able to convert the items. Other people who kill you will get a damaged version that decays over time. When you respawn the blueprint will still be in your inventory.

There will be Event tickets(probably a dollar) for servers like Battle Royale. Basically a hunger games server that cost a ticket to joining a match. Winners will get cosmetics, more tickets as well as other stuff. You will also get free tickets as well for playing the game but we don't know at what rate. Important to note regular servers(PvP, hardcore, PvE) Do not require these tickets.

Air drops. You get a beacon you drop that calls in an air drop that can have gear, vehicles, materials, guns or even zombies. You don't know. The entire server sees it coming and you have to fight off everyone else to get what's in the crates.

This is what they are doing for now to see how it works. They don't want this game to be play to win at all so if anything does throw all the balance it will be tweaked accordingly.

Yep. This was in Rust and it was an insane battle at every drop. The fact that everyone can see the plane and the crates are parachuted in slowly means you need to put up a fight to get these items. Here is the video of it in action.

Airdrops Reveal.

JesseZao

Can somebody
undead
flesh out the items included in the EA packs?

I have no context to what those things are in-game or how to gauge their "value."

Edit: Nvm. I saw above.

Top Bottom