• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

H1Z1 Early Access |OT| You've got red on you.

Fordfx2

GAME ERROR G99

200.gif

Can't decide between this and Divinity. I loved Rust (for about 2 months) but I'm afraid I'll grow tired of H1Z1 long before it's out of early access (like Rust).

Shady859

Case and keys are going to be just like GC:Go if I understood it correctly. Then the tickets like TF2 tix and the $9.99 came outta his butt I think...

Karak

Popping out to show the error message is so...odd.

Can't decide between this and Divinity. I loved Rust (for about 2 months) but I'm afraid I'll grow tired of H1Z1 long before it's out of early access (like Rust).

Divinity with no hesitation whatsoever.

Compsiox

Banned
Twitch streamers are bored and boring as hell. Really shows that most of them can't keep anyone entertained without a game.

Ferrio

Banned
Twitch streamers are bored and boring as hell. Really shows that most of them can't keep anyone entertained without a game.

Ya a lot are, my favorite streamers are the ones that actually talk about their life and actually act like a real person.

Richard_hammer is great for this, just sits back, smokes some cigs and talks about random shit. If someone asks a personal question he'll go into detail.

$9.99 for one crate? The fuck.

Straight from the website

Crates – one of our primary monetization methods is crates. You are given crates over time simply for playing. The keys will cost 250 Station Cash ($2.50) and can be purchased in bundles for less per key. Inside the crate are skins that can make your character or equipment even cooler. However you have to actually find items in-game to reskin. So if you get a military backpack camo pattern.. you still have to find a military backpack in game (which has the same # of slots btw). The crates have one item each in them and there is a random rarity, so you might get a common item or you might get a rare item (obviously less chance for the rare). Crates are not necessary for gameplay. You never have to buy one if you don’t want to.

https://www.h1z1.com/dev-updates/h1z1-what-you-can-expect-in-early-access

login server being reconfigured.. uno momento por favor” translation: please bring ham sandwich

Sorry for the delay folks, the login servers are getting hammered. Ops is working on it right now.

ah that new mmo smell. lol.

styl3s

i bought destiny digital guardian (the one with the 2 expansions) and i don't even play destiny anymore really LOL

so my answer. IDK
I bought that edition for both X1 and PS4 to play with 2 sets of friends and didn't play with anyone on the PS4 and maybe 8 hours on X1. I no longer pre-order digital games.

during the splash screen, before I get the G99 error, I use my cursor to give the 2nd zombie from the left a nice party hat

so I can't say I haven't had any fun

Shady859

so essentially pay to win?

.. hope I won't regret buying this

No not pay to win. Even if you buy airdrops it's not guaranteed you can even have them. The keys are for bonus extra stuff.

Well you knew what you were getting into buying a F2P game for early access. I not mad, I splurged for the $40.

JambiBum

The only thing they are monetizing are cosmetic items and tickets to get into event servers. You don't have to pay for anything (except EA if you bought it) if you don't want to. Tickets for event servers can be earned in game.

Crates contain skins, like CS:GO. If you want to open them, pay for a key.

Event tickets are gained just buy playing and you can completely skip this content.

The worst offender is the airdrop ticket, but if the user isn't guaranteed to even get the gear inside of it... I'm willing to see how that goes.

styl3s

Crates contain skins, like CS:GO. If you want to open them, pay for a key.

Event tickets are gained just buy playing and you can completely skip this content.

The worst offender is the airdrop ticket, but if the user isn't guaranteed to even get the gear inside of it... I'm willing to see how that goes.
Why? They said on a stream there was no plans for ammo/weapons to be included.

Zafir

the graphics look like shit for a pc game.

Yeah. Just turned on that french stream to see what it was like, and the graphics are kind of worse than I was expecting, the UI too.

We'll see though. I've already spent my money so too late to turn back now. :p

Karak

Logout doesn't bring you to the main menu to choose a new server or adjust options or anything. It exits the game. FYI. Or its a bug. Either way its unfun.

MJLord

Are you serious ? its early access.
They even said the character models are like 30% of the quality they like.

It's my new years resolution to not engage people who come into early access threads and complain about quality like it's a finished product.

Top Bottom