• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

H1Z1 Early Access |OT| You've got red on you.

Shinjica

They're highly contested on populated servers. You aren't guaranteed to get them. If they make the drop location more random and more noticeable to other players, you're basically paying to lose your loot.

Yeah i know this, but still, or you get the loot or another guy get the loot, you're giving someone an advantage over the other people inside the server.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Just got in to a 2 hour session.
Not to bad for a day 1 early access.
I like the foundation, they definitely have alot of work ahead of them though

Overdoziz

Banned
They need to make it so we can see how many people are actually playing in these servers. The wait time thing is just terrible.
They should show both player count and ping. Just now it said I had full green bars on every single server no matter where they were located. I expect that kind of nonsense on console but it really has no place on PC.

They're highly contested on populated servers. You aren't guaranteed to get them. If they make the drop location more random and more noticeable to other players, you're basically paying to lose your loot.

It doesn't matter, it would be one thing if it was random by design that ocasionally a drop happened to create some tension (which would be awesome) but it's not. Instead it's a known entity that's caused when a player pays money, which screws up the in game "economy" by introducing gear that normally wouldn't be there otherwise.

How is it pay to win if you aren't even guaranteed to get the thing you paid for? It's more like you're paying for an event to happen that gives you a chance to get anything at all, and even if you get to it yourself, there isn't a high chance of there being a weapon anyway (or they're changing it to be that.) It's interesting that they create these hotspots of player interaction.

Plus, they're trying something to see how it works. If it doesn't, then they'll modify it. Game came out in Early Access yesterday, give them a chance to see how it all works out in the wild.

It doesn't matter, it would be one thing if it was random by design that ocasionally a drop happened to create some tension (which would be awesome) but it's not. Instead it's a known entity that's caused when a player pays money, which screws up the in game "economy" by introducing gear that normally wouldn't be there otherwise.

It doesn't screw up the game economy. It's part of the economy. You could argue that it's a screwed up economy because it is part of it and that'd be a valid argument, but saying it breaks the game isn't true. It breaks the game being how you want it to be, sure.

Chabbles

Got into a second server, spent alittle over half an hour in there. Started with 10 minutes of running through fields, punched a dear to death, seen 2 zombies, found a road and followed it searching every car and house i passed. Found some water, a tin of food and some t-shirts, no weapons what so ever, are gun spawns random ?, are there melee weapons in yet ?.

The rain looks really weird too, and switching to medium settings lowers the brightness alot. High and Ultra seem the same (brightness)

High
image.jpg

Medium
image.jpg

In fairness i think a good 5 to 10 hours would be needed to make a good judgement on the game overall as it stands right now. But if i were to jump to conclusions for the minute (and i will) from my little time with this so far with an hour played, id say its a cash grab of monumental proportions with options right there every time the inventory opens, a shameless Dayz clone (not that anyone doubted this) at the same price but with Micro transactions. Im kind of pissed i couldnt find a weapon in an hour of play knowing that they can be bought in these airdrops, and the game being released in this state (EA) with the MT's up and running.

Is anyone else getting massive delay between pressing E to loot and actually starting to loot? Also doing any action takes forever to start -- like shredding a shirt.

And yet zombies, other players, voice comms, etc... works perfectly fine. It's very annoying :(.

100+ people on a server and maybe one person gets a gun out of an airdrop. And they had to fight for it. It doesn't ruin anything.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Got into a second server, spent alittle over half an hour in there. Started with 10 minutes of running through fields, punched a dear to death, seen 2 zombies, found a road and followed it searching every car and house i passed. Found some water, a tin of food and some t-shirts, no weapons what so ever, are gun spawns random ?, are there melee weapons in yet ?.

The rain looks really weird too, and switching to medium settings lowers the brightness alot. High and Ultra seem the same (brightness)

High
image.jpg

Medium
image.jpg

In fairness i think a good 5 to 10 hours would be needed to make a good judgement on the game overall as it stands right now. But if i were to jump to conclusions for the minute (and i will) from my little time with this so far with an hour played, id say its a cash grab of monumental proportions with options right there every time the inventory opens, a shameless Dayz clone (not that anyone doubted this) at the same price but with Micro transactions. Im kind of pissed i couldnt find a weapon in an hour of play knowing that they can be bought in these airdrops, and the game being released in this state (EA) with the MT's up and running.
Go into UserOptions.ini file and you can set lighting quality to 1 to fix that. I'm pretty sure you'll to have to mark the file as read-only so the change doesn't get overwritten.

Helznicht

Thinking about air-drops, what if you purchased an opportunity for the airdrop, or what I will call an airdrop ticket. I mean, everyone that has an airdrop ticket will see the plane, airdrop and can loot the crate. If you didn't buy a ticket, you wont see any of it. It might actually be even better if you only cash your ticket in IF you loot the crate. That way you still have to work to get it, but you never feel like you wasted money.

Chabbles

Go into UserOptions.ini file and you can set lighting quality to 1 to fix that. I'm pretty sure you'll to have to mark the file as read-only so the change doesn't get overwritten.

I just checked, and lighting quality is already at 1. But my ingame settings are on High, do you know if i have to login and set it at Medium before making the adjustment to the ini file or something ?

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I just checked, and lighting quality is already at 1. But my ingame settings are on High, do you know if i have to login and set it at Medium before making the adjustment to the ini file or something ?
Put it on medium, exit the game, set it to 1, then make the file read only.

Lev

If I recall they already said they are going to tweak it to a bigger radius, lower weapon / ammo chances.

That image looks like it came out from H1Z1s subreddit, which is currently a cesspool. If you are not ok with having to deal with bugs, those kind of issues and such, just don't buy early access.

Those changes don't sound appealing. Right now on fully populated servers, if you don't have backup your airdrop will be most likely contested, so why would they make it even harder to get gear from an airdrop that you paid for?

If they're smart they should remove weapons from airdrops and only allow for them to drop ammo or tactical gear.

loot system is really terrible, played 90 minutes, found only 2 Guns - empty and a baseball bat -.-

Are you new to these sorts of survival games?

You can play for hours in DayZ and never find a gun PLUS the ammo you need. Typically one or the other unless you trek to high-risk zones.

Is the Solace server well populated or hard to get into? Going to be finally playing the game in two hours hopefully!

Doesn't look like it's up right now, I couldn't even select it.

Played for about 40 minutes, I found a can of vegatables, suger, a syringe and then I stole a car from some dude.

Those changes don't sound appealing. Right now on fully populated servers, if you don't have backup your airdrop will be most likely contested, so why would they make it even harder to get gear from an airdrop that you paid for?

If they're smart they should remove weapons from airdrops and only allow for them to drop ammo or tactical gear.

The airdrops are supposed to be a server wide event, not just for you and your friends.

*edit* doublepost, sorry.

C.Dark.DN

Banned

You can play for hours in DayZ and never find a gun PLUS the ammo you need. Typically one or the other unless you trek to high-risk zones.
Doesn't dayz mod or epoch have better spawning loot? I think people have been over running around for hours finding nothing for a good two years.

Turkoop

Banned

Yes, its my first one, but couldnt even find water or something to eat :/

Overdoziz

Banned
Yes, its my first one, but couldnt even find water or something to eat :/
The yellowish bushes have blueberries in them which give you +2 hydration and energy each time you eat one. Not much but there are a ton of them around and they can keep you going until you find something more substantial. Also, if you find an empty bottle you can fill it up by standing in water and right clicking on the bottle and selecting 'use'. You can do the same while it's raining. This will give you dirty water which hurts you a tiny bit (like 4-5%) but does give you a fair amount of hydration. If you want you can purify it by putting it on a fire which will get rid of the health penalty.

Sevenfold

Today is funny. Got th dev tracker open. SOE are all asleep by the looks of it and the game is getting destroyed online. The rage is spectacular lol

Turkoop

Banned
The yellowish bushes have blueberries in them which give you +2 hydration and energy each time you eat one. Not much but there are a ton of them around and they can keep you going until you find something more substantial. Also, if you find an empty bottle you can fill it up by standing in water and right clicking on the bottle and selecting 'use'. You can do the same while it's raining. This will give you dirty water which hurts you a tiny bit (like 4-5%) but does give you a fair amount of hydration. If you want you can purify it by putting it on a fire which will get rid of the health penalty.
thx

WTF are people complaining about a Pre-release Alpha game having issues? I could see if this was the final build for release. Yes you paid for it, but you paid for the ability to test it.
I for one ... cant wait to play it. I paid for the deluxe version because I like the idea of it. I also got Day Z and Warz (whatever it was called), but these are the types of games I like and I am cool with supporting them to get a chance to play early....

just my 2 cents

WTF are people complaining about a Pre-release Alpha game having issues? I could see if this was the final build for release. Yes you paid for it, but you paid for the ability to test it.
I for one ... cant wait to play it. I paid for the deluxe version because I like the idea of it. I also got Day Z and Warz (whatever it was called), but these are the types of games I like and I am cool with supporting them to get a chance to play early....

just my 2 cents
The hate I have seen is more towards the Airdrops than the gameplay itself
People are always going to complain about bugs but that's probably just a way to clue the devs onto fixing them faster

I tried Solace, and it booted me out after 2 minutes.

Tried another PVP server above it and got it, played for about an hour.

Quick impressions/thoughts:
- Not many mics on the server, one guy killed me, the other taught me the ropes. Nice guy!
- Outside of crafting material, I found a baseball hat. And a bottle of water (which can be crafted into purified water). Nothing else. Buildings and homes seemed barron, and I found not a single item that was in a cabinet, car, fridge, etc.
- Looting worked fine for a bit, and then it was lagging like crazy. Showing me looting blackberries 30 seconds after the fact. Breaking boxes for planks, the planks would disappear over half the time, even though the option would come up to take it.
- Speaking of blackberries, that appears to be the only reliable source of energy and items to keep hydrated on. The benefit is small though, and those meters drain fast, IMO. This needs balancing. Either provide me with more chances at food and water, or make the drain slower.

All in all, early access alpha, look forward to playing more. I do think there is a good game here! Look forward to playing with you guys!

just my 2 cents

Because the airdrops are dropping weapons right on top of you. Also player nameplates to need to gtfo

Cohh on twitch seems to be the more leveled streamer I know that talks about the issues of this game and what needs to be done...

You buy early access for a reason, to play the game and expect bugs in it's current state, Rather than moan how about discussing your opinions to the devs themselves and bring in some input with regards to this game.

They fully welcome this

Oh and the "pay to win" air drops are fully bugged right now so people complaining need to understand it is an alpha early access game and things like this happen and they will be fixed in due time

EDIT here is the video cohhcarnage just uploaded explaining the airdrops situation. Makes a lot of sense there

Here

You are VERY clearly going to stick to just PvP servers, how does people playing on a PvE server in any fucking way affect you?

How is the mindset different?

I can't tell if you're serious.

I can tell if YOU guys are serious. Have you ever played an MMO with PvE servers and PvP servers? The player base is different on each. I don't WANT nothing but KoS bullshit or constant PvP but I do want to be able to do it at any time. Allowing a PvE servers means that the people who don't really want to PvP can avoid it completely. That means the playerbase on each server has a different mindset.

Tobor

I can tell if YOU guys are serious. Have you ever played an MMO with PvE servers and PvP servers? The player base is different on each. I don't WANT nothing but KoS bullshit or constant PvP but I do want to be able to do it at any time. Allowing a PvE servers means that the people who don't really want to PvP can avoid it completely. That means the playerbase on each server has a different mindset.

Ok? You're failing to articulate why that's a problem.

Top Bottom