• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

H1Z1 Early Access |OT| You've got red on you.

Sevenfold

Got in earlier, had half an hour, nipped to loo and some dick was just finishing slapping me to death, got back just in time to call him an asshole and tell him I'm coming for him, he laughed and it crashed on respawn. I'm now in an hour long queue, full of revenge rage :D

Overdoziz

Banned
Got some cars.
BAE8078048C3AA3F9300065E30FBF6D226ECBAFC

Had some fun.
BFCEAD8E752092E04BE131C7851C983B813E2A38

Lev

I was laughing at this streamer yesterday. He kept on talking about how this game is not P2W while he secured a shotgun and pistol with 24 rounds from two airdrops he ordered. When the airdrops are that good that often, it definitely makes the game P2W. He kept saying that the airdrops weren't P2W because you still had to secure them from other payers, yet he easily did that when he was protected by four other players and was in the middle of nowhere on the map. He also said that airdrops just save you the time of having to scavenge for those same weapons. Everyone in chat was calling him on this bullshit, because his justifications for these type of airdrops describe the logic behind the P2W model.

I hope that FeinterGG (Rust player) plays this game. I would love to see him dominate people in this game.

Chabbles

Just spent the last half hour trying server after server, first the EU ones, high, medium population, nothing. Then the US ones medium, low population, and again nothing.

This is all i got.
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Estimated wait time 4 seconds ?, 10 minutes later saying the same thing.

What is this bullshit ?, can they not your display how many people are on each server and why so few EU servers ?

Edit,
After afew more attempts i got into a low pop US server. But i couldnt loot anything. The "search" option was lagging out or something and taken 5 to 10 seconds for a prompt to appear, then hitting "E" to search would take another 5/10 seconds to register. eventually when the container/car/etc opened up. I get a "container is use, please try again later when its available" or something..... First impressions. BOOO!!

Rafterman

Banned
I was laughing at this streamer yesterday. He kept on talking about how this game is not P2W while he secured a shotgun and pistol with 24 rounds from two airdrops he ordered. When the airdrops are that good that often, it definitely makes the game P2W. He kept saying that the airdrops weren't P2W because you still had to secure them from other payers, yet he easily did that when he was protected by four other players and was in the middle of nowhere on the map. He also said that airdrops just save you the time of having to scavenge for those same weapons. Everyone in chat was calling him on this bullshit, because his justifications for these type of airdrops describe the logic behind the P2W model.

I hope that FeinterGG (Rust player) plays this game. I would love to see him dominate people in this game.

Did you even bother to read the posts in this thread previous to yours? This topic has been discussed over and over. The drops won't be easily acquired once they get done testing and tweaking them, the devs. have said as much. When everyone and their brother is fighting for drops I'm not seeing how that equates to P2W. In fact, you can literally spend nothing and get all of this stuff off of people who are the ones actually spending the money.

This is why I hate paid alphas/betas. People think that because they paid money that the game is finished and that things won't change. They also don't give two shits about giving proper feedback. One day of Alpha and people are already losing their minds.

Shinjica

This is why I hate paid alphas/betas. People think that because they paid money that the game is finished and that things won't change. They also don't give two shits about giving proper feedback. One day of Alpha and people are already losing their minds.

Take thia anger against developers, not player

Did you even bother to read the posts in this thread previous to yours? This topic has been discussed over and over. The drops won't be easily acquired once they get done testing and tweaking them, the devs. have said as much. When everyone and their brother is fighting for drops I'm not seeing how that equates to P2W. In fact, you can literally spend nothing and get all of this stuff off of people who are the ones actually spending the money.

If anything the concept makes me not want to spend money on it, you get killed before you reach or don't make it in time you are just supplying others with gear.

Shinjica

If anything the concept makes me not want to spend money on it, you get killed before you reach or don't make it in time you are just supplying others with gear.

Even if you dont suply yourself with weapon, you're giving other player advantage that they should not have

ultrazilla

I've had three interactions so far... all people wanting me to kill them since I'm stuck in the forest.

And that's why I won't do PvP servers and glad they went with PvE servers. There's no sense of teamwork/co op at all. It's kill on sight deathmatch and to me breaks what I want out of the game: surviving a massive zombie outbreak with other human controlled players working TOGETHER.

Trust me, if the PvE servers aren't popular now, they will be once all the kos kiddies from DayZ invade(sounds like it's already happening).

Anyways, think I'll wait on buying the game right now until the initial launch kinks are sorted out.

Edit: oh and if it is true you buy crates with ammo and weapons, that's 100% PAY TO WIN. It doesn't matter if you're able to "reach the crate or not".....someone will get to the crate and get the advantage.
That's really troubling....but shouldn't be in PvE servers....thank God!!!

Correct. Either it's a pay-to-win scenario, or the developer nerfs it to the point of being worthless and offensive. Make it a random server event - it's a cool idea to have people see this in-game and fight over it - but do not be charging people money for these air drops. I can see why the developer is struggling with this.

I don't know, I think Early Access and F2P are both terrible business models.

Lev

Sometimes I can't be bothered to read or skim through every post since the last time I have read a thread, especially when I try to keep updated with a bunch of other threads that get 10-20 pages of new replies. I get your clue however.

Personally, I am not a fan of early access content. It always makes me think that the final product will be drastically different, but most of the time for me it feels like the new content added with the retail release was not enough. My current example for this is Contagion, but I give that game some slack since the dev team is really small for that game.

Hellers

And that's why I won't do PvP servers and glad they went with PvE servers. There's no sense of teamwork/co op at all. It's kill on sight deathmatch and to me breaks what I want out of the game: surviving a massive zombie outbreak with other human controlled players working TOGETHER.

Trust me, if the PvE servers aren't popular now, they will be once all the kos kiddies from DayZ invade(sounds like it's already happening).

That's my thinking too. In fact every stream I've watched so far has had the streamer basically be on a no consequence murder spree. Sure every now and again they get killed by one of their victims but that's not the sort of game I want to play. It why despite really wanting to get into one of these games I've never stuck at one before. I wouldn't not be surprised to see the server farms eventually shake out to be more PvE than PvP. One the PvP server streams I've been watching it's seemed less a survival game and more a bunch of fellas walking around a landscape killing each other but otherwise unaffected by the apocalpyse.

Once they get base building fully up and running I'd like to see that sort of thing cause more zombies to spawn in the area making it more interesting for the people there. For a zombie apocalypse these games tend to be very short of zombies at times :)

Ricker

Guess I will wait till things settle...if people still have huge problems logging in,at 8 in the morning,imagine this weekend...Monday it is then.

Shady859

Woke up and hopped straight in and no real problems the past 3 hours. Saw several airdrops called in and all resulted in funny low level 3-4 man fights plus lots of Z's making things interesting. I almost got all the contents of 1 but after I killed the last guy there were so many zombies I died and no one got any from the drop I don't think. I actually got killed and spawned close enough to come back and be last standing.

I need to make it further into cities and explore. Major lag just a bit ago so bad I logged to get some breakfast and then gonna try PVE that should change the dynamic a lot.

Anyone opened there crates yet?

Odah

Banned
Guys....

Is this true?

9CE4FpH.jpg

I was considering to buy the game but this just threw me completely off. It sounds like yet another but more fletched out WarZ clone...

Wow. Yet another developer/game to put on the blacklist. Pretty pathetic imo. Not as big as the scam called Infestation (and all the other names this game has) but still.
I would give it time, SOE is usually pretty good about changing things due to player feedback.

Somnia

How is the exploration aspect? Have you been to one of the bigger towns yet for a look around?

World feels really well realized so far. Just running through the world with the real time weather changes, etc makes it great. I haven't explored up to the big town yet, lots of little areas with buildings and factories so far.

DrTeflon

care to explain why, an airdrop full of weapon/ammo/food that can give you or other player advantage, is not P2W?

If I recall they already said they are going to tweak it to a bigger radius, lower weapon / ammo chances.

This is what makes Early Access games so scary.

That image looks like it came out from H1Z1s subreddit, which is currently a cesspool. If you are not ok with having to deal with bugs, those kind of issues and such, just don't buy early access.

1. There are no PvP / Recipe Wipe servers? I'd prefer that over just PvP. All the other PvP ones are first person only / head shot only too :(.

2. How come if you use a name on one server it is taken on others? That's bothersome.

3. Airdrops are meh. They just need to increase the radius in which they fall or make the area it drops completely random. They can easily fine tune it so its not insta-win for the user.

Shinjica

If I recall they already said they are going to tweak it to a bigger radius, lower weapon / ammo chances.

If they want to do it right, they need to completely remove weapon/ammo/food from the airdrop. Instead they need to drop random event on the map.

For example will be great if you can airdrop a special zombie who is much stronger and infect other thing near him.

care to explain why, an airdrop full of weapon/ammo/food that can give you or other player advantage, is not P2W?

They're highly contested on populated servers. You aren't guaranteed to get them. If they make the drop location more random and more noticeable to other players, you're basically paying to lose your loot.

When they get them tweaked properly, I imagine they will boil down to being nothing more than just what they say: server events. People will be paying for them because they are fun. Maybe if people complain enough, they'll create servers that don't allow airdrops for them. Once they get it tweaked, I bet I know which servers will be more popular.

djshauny

Banned
They need to make it so we can see how many people are actually playing in these servers. The wait time thing is just terrible.

Top Bottom