• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

H1Z1 Early Access |OT| You've got red on you.

Ianan

Does anyone know if theres a way to upgrade to the premium version? Kinda want all those event tickets for BR etc instead of just buying them separate.

I'm finding absolutely nothing in this world. All I have found is a bottle of water.
I even killed a rabbit but couldn't take it with me or do anything with it.

[edit]
Oh man, all I got from my crate was a blue shirt. I thought I would get at least a few resources to help me get going.

Also, my framerate dips all the way down to 29fps when picking up wooden sticks in bushes. Is this normal?

Yeah for some reason picking up berries and the like tank your FPS

You need a sharp weapon to get resources from dead animals. Gathering resources does cause massive lag right now. Hope they find out why. Is there an in game command to show fps? I feel like mine is miserable most of the time.

Also a nice story.

Ran into one of my friends and got geared up. Killed a few people and found a cabin. Another friend far away picked up another persons airdrop. Weapons, ammo, military backpack the works. When he finally made it to me 30 minutes later he dropped a landmine of the floor for me to pick up and al three of us died. GG. Lost everything and everyone spawned in different spots.

I hope eventually they add sleeping bags like in Rust. I want to be able to respawn in a base or house of my choosing. It so hard to stay together in this game.

Does anyone know if theres a way to upgrade to the premium version? Kinda want all those event tickets for BR etc instead of just buying them separate.

They said it will be possible at a later date. not sure when though. but i read BR was free right now because it was buggy?

Dahlifyr

Banned
Startet up the game for the first time, got chased by a bear and a zombie.....Jumped in a car wich ofcourse had no fuel, so the bear killed me. And after he had killed me, he killed the zombie:D

Going by the name DahlidorGAF ingame.

UCbEByV.gif

I like the death animations in this game.

kcxiv

I'm finding absolutely nothing in this world. All I have found is a bottle of water.
I even killed a rabbit but couldn't take it with me or do anything with it.

[edit]
Oh man, all I got from my crate was a blue shirt. I thought I would get at least a few resources to help me get going.

Also, my framerate dips all the way down to 29fps when picking up wooden sticks in bushes. Is this normal?
its a bug, you just have to hit E and it will lag. Im sure thats being worked on as well.

antonz

So easy to get lost running around the woods.

Achieved hotshot status for a bit managed to get a nice jeep up an running with lots of food an water then the stupid kicked in. Decided to go offroading in my jeep. Went up a hill only to find out the otherside was a very steep incline. Going down the otherside was a very fast and bumpy ride until I ran into a boulder and launched my jeep in the air rolling down the mountain.

All was going well besides the obvious rolling down the mountain until I slammed into another boulder and my jeep blew up sending me flying down the mountain as a battered corpse.

demolitio

That was too funny. Died of starvation just as I was saying to add me on Steam. Our group didn't last very long. :(

Going to bed for now, but add demolitio2 and we'll see if we can manage to survive the next time...lol

Edit: Good timing. :D

Gamezone

Gold Member
Why would people pay money this? If the game is going F2P when it`s done, what`s the point in paying an entry fee before it`s done? People complain about DLC, but I think this is way worse than that. The early access should be 100% free without in game microtransactions. They can add them when the game is done, at best.

opie211

Definitely was getting the hang of it and finally looting and crafting. Got greedy and carried too much on me. Congrats to whoever killed me and got my backpack, ax, fertilizer, metals, planks,gun etc...

Oh well, at least I learned a bunch of recipes before I died.

Really feel this has a lot more potential than rust.

Ingame: Luedi

Hylian7

Found a very interesting location. I found this landfill and the music became forboding.

GIdLuMx.jpg

The landfill contained a cave.

dxHX6Np.jpg

Now deep in this cave is harmless radioactive waste and non-explosive explosive barrels (I tried), and most curiously, a mysterious metal crate that I couldn't figure out how to open. My guess is it requires a crowbar or something, but who knows.

I took video of seeing this cave, and will edit it and post it tomorrow.

Saganator

Why would people pay money this? If the game is going F2P when it`s done, what`s the point in paying an entry fee before it`s done? People complain about DLC, but I think this is way worse than that. The early access should be 100% free without in game microtransactions. They can add them when the game is done, at best.

Because people who really like the genre want to play it now? If they released the alpha for free, tons of people who don't know what alpha means will play it and then trash the game, never to play again. If the micro transactions were free, then the game would be an unbalanced mess and not be a very good play test.

Desync sometimes causes people to turn invisible. Could explain what happened there.

I guess it's possible, just odd that the server was performing great until that point as you hada noticed we had just killed 10 or so zombies outside. And the fact that we died instantly and at the same time, if it was an invisible player it would have been seperate.

Overdoziz

Banned
I guess it's possible, just odd that the server was performing great until that point as you hada noticed we had just killed 10 or so zombies outside. And the fact that we died instantly and at the same time, if it was an invisible player it would have been seperate.
Shotgun maybe.

MJLord

Because people who really like the genre want to play it now? If they released the alpha for free, tons of people who don't know what alpha means will play it and then trash the game, never to play again. If the micro transactions were free, then the game would be an unbalanced mess and not be a very good play test.

This is going to happen anyway (see DayZ). I'm all for them charging though.

nero2082

How is that a train wreck?

they were bragging about Planetside 2 SOE's anti-cheat system, that it stopped hacking community from creating hacks because it was pointless

if that was the case, wallhacks, speedhacking and all that shit (just look it up on youtube, tons of that already) would be instantly HWbanned in H1Z1, guess they're not as great as they think they are

TheYanger

Of course there's hacking, it's an alpha. It's going to happen in release too, it's unavoidable, just a matter of how much they address it/how quickly. In Alpha I would expect it to be a little less worrisome though.

Overdoziz

Banned
they were bragging about Planetside 2 SOE's anti-cheat system, that it stopped hacking community from creating hacks because it was pointless

if that was the case, wallhacks, speedhacking and all that shit (just look it up on youtube, tons of that already) would be instantly HWbanned in H1Z1, guess they're not as great as they think they are
Is their anticheat even active yet?

BokehKing

Banned
yeah, prettty much cosmetics only. No healing potitons, no weapons, no ammo. Basically just shirts, shoes, pants and headgear i think!

Just nothing that makes it Pay to WIN
How do I turn off proximity chat, got random people coming up to me trying to talk to me, I don't want to talk to them.

Sevenfold

It's been a long day, but we've got some changes to note:

Made adjustments to servers to better balance load
Fixes for some server disconnections
Improvements to overall connections (G29 and G99 errors)
Adjustments to game exit-to-desktop when disconnected (still tracking down more)
Improvements to server selection screen
Adjustments to loot spawning in both regular and Battle Royale maps
Adjustments and performance adjustments to weather system
Fixed a few servers that were set to the wrong modes
You should no longer be able to cause bleeding on other players in the PvE servers
Reduced some timers for crafting
Performance adjustments for weather effects
Also, see /u/arclegger post
Various other super-secret stability mojo

There's probably more, but it is late and ... well, good luck and HAVE FUN!

Good stuff.

They said there was hacks in Planetside 2 and they dealt with them so quickly that eventually people stopped making them. Not that the game was hackproof. Hopefully the same will happen here. These are not community hosted servers.

Lord Phol

How is that a train wreck? Every remotely competitive online game that gains a bit of popularity is going to have cheats. FFS even Garden Warfare has cheats: http://youtu.be/WB_lbjldLik

If the cheating gets to the widespread levels seen in Infestation: Survivor Stories then it will be a train wreck.

Nah thats BS attitude to me. If a competitive game has hacking I'm not going to be playing it. Not saying they won't be able to deal with it in this game, but one shouldn't just accept that it happens.

TheYanger

Nah thats BS attitude to me. If a competitive game has hacking I'm not going to be playing it. Not saying they won't be able to deal with it in this game, but one shouldn't just accept that it happens.

EVERY game has hacking. There's nothing they can do to stop hacking. The best they can do is squash it as much as possible and make it unrewarding (Read: ban viciously and quickly) for people to do it. Since this is day one fucking alpha, it's probably not their top concern at the moment.

This game looks like hot garbage.

I watched a dev stream of a bunch of guys basically displaying to me a DayZ clone that was just as buggy and just as dissapointing.

GET HYPE!

Top Bottom