• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

H1Z1 Early Access |OT| You've got red on you.

TheYanger

no point playing it right now, not with this :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdpnJe8Bhuw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AH5lkBnXdhc

hacks are not game breaking to you? ok I guess...

IT IS AN ALPHA. Seriously, the game could literally be broken without hacks in the first place, it's not the time to be like "SONY FIX THIS OR IM QUITTING" since if you're not willing to tolerate some bullshit you shouldn't be playing right now anyway. Even if it weren't alpha, a hack that gets released THAT DAY is not going to be fixed within moments. They can't fix it if people don't break it, this shit isn't anything new.

It's actually much more distressing to me that people exist that don't seem to understand that this happens to literally every game.

Unofficial patch notes from dataminers.

New images
note that they look strangely like Ruleset icons... ;]
Locale
-added the airdrop names mentioned by Clegg: The Medic, The Hiker, The Demolition Man, The Caveman, The Welder, The Builder, The Lone Wolf, The Hobo, Life of the Party, The Farmer
-added "This crate contains skins for various types of items you find in the world. \n NOTE: These skins are not consumed and will not be lost on death. You will have them forever and can reuse them as much as you want."
"Applying deer scent will lower the chances of scaring away deer for a few minutes." changed to "Applying deer scent will assist you in sneaking up behind a deer for a few minutes. "
"Death's retreat" changed to "Death's Retreat"
Other
-removed some old PlanetSide2 code (for example, faction population percentages on each server. that was tons of useless data sent to your clients... :p )
-added some debugging for Abilities and Effects
-minimum players required to allow airdrops increased from 100 to 120, as announced
-Blackberry Juice's bulk reduced from 100 to 50
-modified the effects of Moonshine and Swizzle (among other things, Swizzle's effect will no longer function while you're dead.)
-added something (FX-related) about raindrops
-added/modified sounds for the firearms
-reverted the Server Select UI sorting changes I mentioned last time

C.Dark.DN

Banned
You realize games get hacked right? it's about how well they deal with them. If in a week the game is rampant with hackers and SOE has done nothing then I would be worried. I can post much worse videos for CSGO.
It looks like tm cheats has the same cheat for PS2. I'm going to assume they can't or it's hard to fix this cheat.

The cheating community is warz was toxic. This is all the more reason they shouldn't be selling loot you can lose.

Pachimari

I'm on top of a high mountain now, and it's raining heavily. I wish I had binoculars, are they even in the game? Also, I don't know how to craft anything else but wooden arrows with wooden sticks, makes me go crazy.

Carroway

I'm on top of a high mountain now, and it's raining heavily. I wish I had binoculars, are they even in the game? Also, I don't know how to craft anything else but wooden arrows with wooden sticks, makes me go crazy.

If you shred your t-shirt you can get scraps of cloth. combine the Scraps of cloth with the Wooden sticks to Discover and craft a Makeshift Bow. Of course you loose the extra inventory space, but you have a ranged weapon with almost infinite bullets, as long as you collect more Wooden sticks..

Makes it somewhat safer to go into more congested areas.

Pachimari

If you shred your t-shirt you can get scraps of cloth. combine the Scraps of cloth with the Wooden sticks to Discover and craft a Makeshift Bow. Of course you loose the extra inventory space, but you have a ranged weapon with almost infinite bullets, as long as you collect more Wooden sticks..

Thank you. I didn't even think about using part of my cloth for that. Interesting. We should also meet up and survive.

Server Population
Thanks!

HowZatOZ

Banned
This game looks like hot garbage.

I watched a dev stream of a bunch of guys basically displaying to me a DayZ clone that was just as buggy and just as dissapointing.

GET HYPE!

Wish these kind of driveby comments could be bannable. What's the point in saying you watched someone play and thought it looked like rubbish? Especially with an early access title and one that isn't even three days old.

Sevenfold

You being serious? Did you even try to read this thread?

It's reached the point now where people are just jumping on the bandwagon to bash the game. I'm convinced not a single one of them has played it.

Had a couple of really annoying (given the queue times) crash to desktops but other than that (the lag is better today and the game is much more playable) having a blast with it. It's already great, and it's going to be epic.

Pinktaco

On solace. Hope to see you there!

What with the hostility? I checked the first post. Said nothing about what and how airdrops work. I spoke with a friend and several of his friends have gotten a refund because they dislike the mechanic. I then come here and ask about your opinion. Do you seriously want me to plow through 30 pages to get an answer?

Sorry, I'm on the phone and quoted the wrong person. This is obviously about my previous question.

MJLord

How do you get wooden sticks? Hit a tree?

Pinktaco

It's reached the point now where people are just jumping on the bandwagon to bash the game. I'm convinced not a single one of them has played it.

Had a couple of really annoying (given the queue times) crash to desktops but other than that (the lag is better today and the game is much more playable) having a blast with it. It's already great, and it's going to be epic.

Are you referring to me or speaking out in general? I had a genuine question and was met with hostility.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Are you referring to me or speaking out in general? I had a genuine question and was met with hostility.

It has been discussed ad nauseum so that's why you were met with hostility. The fact is the drops aren't entirely pay2win like some would suggest/want, and are in fact balanced to some degree. Players are not guaranteed overpowering items for a survival game and the requirements for the airdrop have now been tweaked. A lot of people also forgot this was an early access game, and that things will change.

Sevenfold

I'll be honest, there was a nod to your post but this has been repeated and responded to so many times in this thread and the internet in general (top post on Reddit yesterday) it's old and is getting in the way of the game's many issues. That said, you followed up stating you hadn't kept up, so I apologise for the snark. W/E game is good. Buggy as fuck. It's not P2W. Airdrops are going to be tweaked all sorts of ways before final so don't assume anything is set in stone (applies across the board but seems to be lost on many folk) Distinct lack of EU servers until Tuesday (SOE time) lags when you press E, big queues. Crafting is awesome and I've spent time in groups of peeps who don't want to KOS on a PVP server :) BR is going to be epic (if it ever appears in my server list.)

Pinktaco

It has been discussed ad nauseum so that's why you were met with hostility. The fact is the drops aren't entirely pay2win like some would suggest/want, and are in fact balanced to some degree. Players are not guaranteed overpowering items for a survival game and the requirements for the airdrop have now been tweaked. A lot of people also forgot this was an early access game, and that things will change.

I haven't followed this game so I wasnt aware. I usually go to gaf to get info ;)
What I can't help but notice is the way you just described it. "not entirely", balanced to some degree", "not guaranteed".

I have no reason to believe stuff like this won't be tweaked before launch, but from the look of it (haven't played yet) it sounds as if it can be abused. For instance I have a group of friends (8-10 people). If we were to help each other out it sounds as if we have a greater chance to acquire weapons than others..?

Not that I'm hating, just curious about the mechanics. I'll likely try it out some time, but I got exam =]

What with the hostility? I checked the first post. Said nothing about what and how airdrops work. I spoke with a friend and several of his friends have gotten a refund because they dislike the mechanic. I then come here and ask about your opinion. Do you seriously want me to plow through 30 pages to get an answer?

Sorry, I'm on the phone and quoted the wrong person. This is obviously about my previous question.

Do you seriously expect us to have the same discussion dozen times? You don't have to plow through anything. Just search the thread for "airdrops." Anyway, no, airdrops aren't pay to win.

Sevenfold

, but from the look of it (haven't played yet) it sounds as if it can be abused. For instance I have a group of friends (8-10 people). If we were to help each other out it sounds as if we have a greater chance to acquire weapons than others..?

Sounds really exploitable on paper and I'm sure there will be stories of it soon, but with 200+ players on the release servers, not that simple. Even now a group of five had a hard time with (working) zombs and other players coming from everywhere.

akileese

Now the loot is spawning a lot more I'm absolutely loving H1Z1.

I logged in this morning, foraged a ton of blackberries, healed up, foraged some more, then logged out. I'm on Alpha though. I kind of want to try a PVE server until the hacks and stuff quiet down though just so I can see how the game really plays without essentially being hunted by people with an unfair advantage.

I have to say the community was fairly good and helpful yesterday on Alpha. We would roam in packs looking for food and water, sharing what we found to keep each other alive. After I went off on my own I managed to get a bow made, a ton of arrows and still had some food and water. They definitely increased the spawn rates though.

If I have one complaint about how the game plays right now, it's that food/water/energy drain way too fast. I had used by blackberries to get me up to about 40 percent energy and hydration, and within about 10 minutes of going to buildings, I was back in the red (without sprinting or jumping mind you). It needs to be a bit slower.

That's really it though. From a gameplay perspective, I'm loving it.

Pinktaco

Do you seriously expect us to have the same discussion dozen times? You don't have to plow through anything. Just search the thread for "airdrops." Anyway, no, airdrops aren't pay to win.

No need for discussion, just put it on the OP and be done with it. This is obviosuly a hot topic =]

akileese

Not to defend it, because it sucks, but SOE's anti-cheat takes time to ban people initially, that's what happened in Planetside 2 anyway (same engine that H1Z1 uses).

Take a look at people discussing the anti-cheat: http://i.imgur.com/6i6IHQU.png

In a one and done dead game like H1Z1 though they really need better measures. You respawwn in planetside 2 with all your gear, the fact that I could potentially die to a hacker, lose all my stuff that I spent dozens of hours getting, and then have him banned a few hours later is no solace to me. I have all the faith that SOE can sort this out because they have to. People won't stand for it in games like this. If they feel the playing field isn't level, they'll just move on to whatever other survival game is out there.

Like I said, I think I'll stick to PVE until they sort it all out. I really enjoy the game so I don't want something that could get under my skin ruin it for me.

SDCowboy

I'll probably get flamed for this, but man, this game is so much more fun in PVE servers, to me. I love being able to just focus on exploring and looting which is what I enjoy most about these kinds of games,

I'll probably get flamed for this, but man, this game is so much more fun in PVE servers, to me. I love being able to just focus on exploring and looting which is what I enjoy most about these kinds of games,

Please expand on that. I'm considering where I'm going to roll my first character after I get off work today, still mulling over pve/pvp. Are there more zombies on the pve? Are people working together more or less?

Jams775

Cool. What server do you play on? There should be a Neogaf Coop server too.

SDCowboy

Please expand on that. I'm considering where I'm going to roll my first character after I get off work today, still mulling over pve/pvp. Are there more zombies on the pve? Are people working together more or less?

From what I've played, people seem to work together a lot more (which I also prefer and find more realistic). As for the zombies, it seemed like there were way more, but I have no clue if that was just coincidence or not.

Top Bottom