• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

H1Z1 Early Access |OT| You've got red on you.

Compsiox

Banned
Police station is a good place to look. Of course it being a police station means its going to be a popular destination for people looking for gear.

I am fooling around on chainsaw. The hard part is if you are in a heavy traffic area you either get the loot spawns or end up missing and having to wait for respawns.

Be there in 1 minute

FrsDvl

Damn pvp lol.. I was running about, finally got a machette and a crowbar, made a friend. Was going to head to Cranberry with her. met some other guys along the way. Then i went and killed a zombie and accidently hit some other guy. she he kept coming after me. Everyone else was like get out go away, to that guy. So he left me be for a bit, then i went to get water and he killed me :(

Now i'll never find my friend again

Compsiox

Banned
Damn pvp lol.. I was running about, finally got a machette and a crowbar, made a friend. Was going to head to Cranberry with her. met some other guys along the way. Then i went and killed a zombie and accidently hit some other guy. she he kept coming after me. Everyone else was like get out go away, to that guy. So he left me be for a bit, then i went to get water and he killed me :(

Now i'll never find my friend again

I don't get why every server requires u to make a new character. If you make a bond with someone you'd at least like to know their name when unexpected shit goes down.

FrsDvl

I can't really picture how you can do PVE in these type of games it would get boring so fast

Yeah it would be boring. Especially with how easy it is to out run a zombie in this. PVP just adds so much more to it. And if everyone uses a mic, it's great.

I just got robbed, 5 guys came in to a house i was at, stole my machette and took off.. It's good fun

I don't get why every server requires u to make a new character. If you make a bond with someone you'd at least like to know their name when unexpected shit goes down.

I know! I was hoping i'd find her again when i got to cranberry, but so far no luck. Just a bunch of bandits

Pachimari

Just woke up. Today is the day I'll enter the world of H1Z1. GAF should be in my name so don't kill me if you see me! :)

Name: MadridistaGAF

HowZatOZ

Banned

Stops server jumping to get loot on a low pop and then heading to a high pop with your sweet high-powered guns to muder everyone.

Teknoman

Thats probably the best idea, add GAF to your name...unless they come up with some sew on patch logo type system, where you can attach whatever affiliation you want onto a backpack/clothing.

FrsDvl

Im on Solace

Going by the name Fordfx2GAF

If anyone wants to play let me know...

Add me on steam, FrsDvl. Pick the one from Netherlands

Same goes for anyonee else, I'm on Solace as well. Being the nice guy, getting killed everwhere I go. Could use some backup lol

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
I hope SOE takes care of these cheats quickly, sigh. People flying around and shit.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Man I was doing good. Met up with some cool dudes. We went to the city and one of our dudes got shot. We waited around for him to come back just to get attacked at spores lol.

vehn

Anyone know what you need to craft wood foundations or whatever? You'd think there would be some wiki or anything to show what you need. . .

FrsDvl

I better head to.bed, lost track of time... People sure seem to get more aggressive later at night. Hopefully tomorrow I can find a nice group of people. We should all meet up somewhere!

Teknoman

All i've got is an axe...

I managed to kill a freakin' grizzly bear in a living room and I ate the raw meat! LOL

AvvveyF.gif

I ganked a guys airdrop tonight after I killed him with the bow as he was trying to loot it. I got a shotgun, backpack and a landmine.

Ended up running into two guys shortly after who apparently didn't want to be friends. The shotgun feels great up close :)

Here is a highlight I made from a short stream I did before the game crashed.

http://www.twitch.tv/cornwood/c/5896743

I feel this game has a ton of potential, but its of course VERY early. So many open areas you can tell are going to be filled, just empty... not to mention the odd animations and lack of many features.

Pachimari

I better head to.bed, lost track of time... People sure seem to get more aggressive later at night. Hopefully tomorrow I can find a nice group of people. We should all meet up somewhere!

Send me a message on Steam whenever you're ready buddy. :)

Right now I'm in the middle of a forest and I don't know where to go or what to do. Nobody's around me, but I heard a dog, so I ran away.

FrsDvl

Send me a message on Steam whenever you're ready buddy. :)

Right now I'm in the middle of a forest and I don't know where to go or what to do. Nobody's around me, but I heard a dog, so I ran away.

I will!

I've been using this site for my map.

http://www.myh1z1.com

It's not the greatest, but it works, just get to a road and watch for signs to figure out where you are, then pull up the map and try to locate it. And check the maps on the side of the road, there's a little red arrow indicating where you are.

wrongway

nooooooo

Was one of the last three survivors in a BR game. Started out with a narrow escape from the fog by juking someone and stealing their car. Ended up with two loaded AR15s with four extra mags, four medkits and a jeep. Then I drove across a little bridge and spontaneously died, my corpse warping to the ground as my jeep continued on, alone.

I like to think my jeep continued on to victory in my honor.

Pachimari

Is it me or is it lagging a lot when picking up wood sticks and blackberries in the bushes in the forest?

I'm running on High settings with a GTX 780, Intel i5 4670K and 16GB of RAM. Shouldn't that be enough to run this on Ultra with no framerate dips?

kcxiv

I ganked a guys airdrop tonight after I killed him with the bow as he was trying to loot it. I got a shotgun, backpack and a landmine.

Ended up running into two guys shortly after who apparently didn't want to be friends. The shotgun feels great up close :)

Here is a highlight I made from a short stream I did before the game crashed.

http://www.twitch.tv/cornwood/c/5896743

I feel this game has a ton of potential, but its of course VERY early. So many open areas you can tell are going to be filled, just empty... not to mention the odd animations and lack of many features.
once they get whats in game fixed and it rolls smoothly its already getting there pretty fast. the rest of the features and what not should come rolling in fairly fast.

once they get whats in game fixed and it rolls smoothly its already getting there pretty fast. the rest of the features and what not should come rolling in fairly fast.

That's what I am hoping. It seems like they have a very good base to begin with, and I have faith in the engine whereas with the Arma engine I do not. Especially not the Arma 2 engine, the Arma 3 is pretty nice.

joshcryer

it's ok, you're all right now
Just saw a dude chop a tree down. So. Yeah. This game looks awesome. Could kill the anti-pre-order people for now since, while the alpha isn't without its glitches, the entertainment and fun of it is really great.

I'll still wait for it to go F2P though.

Pachimari

I'm finding absolutely nothing in this world. All I have found is a bottle of water.
I even killed a rabbit but couldn't take it with me or do anything with it.

[edit]
Oh man, all I got from my crate was a blue shirt. I thought I would get at least a few resources to help me get going.

Also, my framerate dips all the way down to 29fps when picking up wooden sticks in bushes. Is this normal?

Top Bottom