• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

H1Z1 Early Access |OT| You've got red on you.

Moldiver

Man this game streams well with others, that bit in Lirks stream where he walked out on the balcony and saw the supermarket in the distance and the music hit.

antonz

That feeling when you finally find a backpack and gain 600 storage space. No more juggling food and drink versus supplies for crafting.

Learned how to make a Metal Shack and animal traps.

Compsiox

Banned
Silly when you realize the they had for plans to make blueprints sellable on the steam market and had the same insane level of backlash because of it.

The thing is you don't have to and there are plenty of warnings from the devs themselves while doing so. I'm glad the option exist because I was that guy back in the day that signed up for every single closed beta i could and never got in. Now I can choose to support the game and get a spot.

They were going to be skins. They are still doing it kind of so whatever.

Redmoon

Don't know if this has been mentioned, but adding the H1Z1 exe (h1z1.exe) to the Planetside 2 profile in the Nvidia Inspector allows for SLI. Haven't had any issues with it so far for my 2 680's.

Scales pretty well too.

lol
ZqO9Rlr.jpg

Gurrry

are people still having issues logging in? or is that over now?

my temptation to buy this is getting me.. im bored as fuck

Compsiox

Banned
Killed someone with bow and a bunch of stuff on Solace.

My HUD then disappeared and I got stuck in the menu and got killed by 2 bowmen.

10/10 playing again right now

antonz

Anyone tried the PvE servers? How are they? Populated? Are the zombies a threat? Thanks

Playing around to get the hang of it all on a PVE server and its pretty good. Zombies are mean. You get their attention and you suddenly find yourself running for your life. They have done a great job on ambient sound too. Sneaking around an abandoned office in the dark and there is creaking sounds like foot steps and doors etc.

Plenty of population too. Loots been greatly improved for the world too. Have found like 6 1911s scouring office parks. Grocery store was a lifesaver too. Lots of canned food and water around

Furio53

Anyone tried the PvE servers? How are they? Populated? Are the zombies a threat? Thanks

I tried out the PvE server to get my feet wet... there's some talk, most players seem to say hi and go about their business. I haven't run into any major hubs or anything yet... Pretty much just eat blackberries and search for stuff lol

Pisspot in Solace is my city. Killed 4 there today.
1) We're about to take a short downtime to stage a new server. It should be around 9:05pm Pacific. (15 min roughly from now). Should be 15 min downtime. We'r hoping this takes care once and for all of the frame rates on some of the servers. we've nearly completely fixed this now. you all see low frame rates as lag in game. We're almost where we need to be on this.

2) We have a new client / server we're testing and hoping to deploy around 1am Pacific tomorrow morning (roughly 4 hours from now). This will include the new airdrops, and a bunch of other fixes to make the game operate better. It's almost all behind the scenes so nothing to patch note about.

3) We're here all day tomorrow working on issues we see come up.

4) G29error - the issues with those have largely gone away. we've fixed the legitimate problems. However we are still seeing a small # of people getting the error. They are nearly all seeing it because they are switching to a different station account than they used the first time after purchasing the H1Z1 game on Steam. We link the account and if you try and use a different Station account it will result in seeing the G29 error or "you don't own this product". At this point we need to work on education on this as it's a very small percentage of people.

5) Disconnects - these are almost all happening when our servers go down at all. We're not handling it gracefully in the client and need to do better on that. However, by fixing the source of the problem (servers crashing) it makes this go away.
We are well aware there are a ton of other issues. These are the ones we're focused on because they can prevent people from playing. Seeing arrows floating in mid-air is annoying but not as annoying as not getting in.
We're getting there.
Smed

Furio53

Disaster nuts say buy gold and food. The real thing to buy is backpacks lol. Worth their weight in diamonds. Came across a 2nd backpack in a gas station and it hurt to have to leave it there

So if i have a backpack full of gold and food I'm pretty much the boss of the apocalypse then :p

Compsiox

Banned
Disaster nuts say buy gold and food. The real thing to buy is backpacks lol. Worth their weight in diamonds. Came across a 2nd backpack in a gas station and it hurt to have to leave it there

What server are you on? I haven't found one piece of loot naturally. Only by killing.

antonz

It was the first backpack I saw, can't believe they are so rare.

Police station is a good place to look. Of course it being a police station means its going to be a popular destination for people looking for gear.

What server are you on? I haven't found one piece of loot naturally. Only by killing.

I am fooling around on chainsaw. The hard part is if you are in a heavy traffic area you either get the loot spawns or end up missing and having to wait for respawns.

Furio53

I must have gotten lucky then. I found a backpack in a car on the road, not too far from spawn. Nothing much after that until I found some scrap metal and made a hatchet.

Top Bottom