• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

H1Z1 Early Access |OT| You've got red on you.

Jams775

For those of you playing PVE, how has the experience been? Do you seem to team up with strangers and help each other out or is it mostly a solitary experience? Is there any way for other players to still kill you, such as running you over or anything else?

It's hard to tell since they are really sorting out a lot of things. The short time I played was spent running around eating blackberries then dying of starvation. The people I did see just ran past me. I'm wondering what the long game of PvE will be.

Anyone know if they'll add in unique roaming bosses or anything like that? Would be cool to have to group to accomplish something like getting a unique drop from a boss encounter or explore cave systems, etc.

It's hard to tell since they are really sorting out a lot of things. The short time I played was spent running around eating blackberries then dying of starvation. The people I did see just ran past me. I'm wondering what the long game of PvE will be.

Anyone know if they'll add in unique roaming bosses or anything like that? Would be cool to have to group to accomplish something like getting a unique drop from a boss encounter or explore cave systems, etc.

I was just watching DansGaming play on PvE. IMO seemed boring. No real threat except starvation.

Jams775

I was just watching DansGaming play on PvE. IMO seemed boring. No real threat except starvation.

I was getting rocked pretty hard when I stood my ground against 1 zombie. I had to book when the second started coming towards me. There definitely needs to be some kind of roving hoard of like 50 Zombies that you have to watch out for or something. If there's going to be a PvE server they need to make classic MMO mobs.

Edit: This was on a headshot only server using a stick, so maybe that had something to do with the difficulty?

I was watching him to but for some reason it gets irritating watching him play, he seems a bit anti social to be playing PVE cause I don't think he likes playing with other people online unless it's like waffle or something, lol.

Fordfx2

For those of you playing PVE, how has the experience been? Do you seem to team up with strangers and help each other out or is it mostly a solitary experience? Is there any way for other players to still kill you, such as running you over or anything else?

Ive met many nice ppl and many ppl that just want to kill you for your stuff. I almost died from food poisoning and someone gave me some meds...it all really depends on the time your playing and who you run into.

I was watching him to but for some reason it gets irritating watching him play, he seems a bit anti social to be playing PVE cause I don't think he likes playing with other people online unless it's like waffle or something, lol.

Ya I like him as a streamer but he doesn't like dayz so didn't expect him to like this much.

In the blink of an eye a 4 hour run ends. Freakin' bowman was shooting at me, so I take care of him and then two dudes shot me while I was looting him.

*edit i noticed quite a bit more loot this time around, even stuff I've never seen before.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Last time announcing lol.

H1Z1 NeoGAF team speak server is up.

BeEatNU.me

You guys should already know the password. If not message me.

Compsiox

Banned
just found a million recipes. Some guy was loaded with like 500 crafting components and i spent 10 minutes trying to mix and match them all. I can now make a huge house with a furnace and storage and gates around it.

Ya I like him as a streamer but he doesn't like dayz so didn't expect him to like this much.

DayZ made lirik. He hates it because it's super buggy and clunk with sub 10 fps, but he likes it because he can beat a mosint geared person with a fire extinguisher and get geared instantly.

He plays all the survival games for its RP potential.

Somnia

BTW metal gates aren't working right now, I can knock a wood door down very quickly with an axe or hatchet.

Just an FYI if you're building a big house.

Gurrry

Not exactly sure how this happened but I was running from a zombie, so I ran into a store..

Then, I killed the zombie and hit tab to look at proximity and WOAH

He had a gun, ammo, first aid kits, a zillion empty bottles, a salt packet, a knife, and a bunchhhh of other stuff.

Not sure if it was the zombie that dropped that, but it was all there somehow.

Killing zeds seems like a good way to get things at times too. Ive seen a backpack and a lighter drop from them today alone.

Furio53

dammit, finally met someone cool who wantedto roll together, were vlearing out a crazy infested area ripe for looting.. and crash to desktop :(

Now there's a queue lol

Also, I was standing in the road before and someone tried to hit em with a police car sirens blaring. Scared the shit out of me

Furio53

I tried watching but Twitch refused to play more than 10 seconds without buffering for 20 seconds. Did a speed test and I have full advertised 10 mb/s down. Frustrating.

Ah yeah i saw you on chat. Didn't know that was happening.

On a side note, a guy ran past me and another dude as we were just surviving, I fired a long shot at him and killed him with a bow. I'm talking like 50 yards. ran up to his body and he had a holy grail of loot.
NV goggles, shotgun with 32 shells, military backpack, tons of good shit.

I was so excited, and i start going off, lost the guy I was with somehow, then a group of 5 or 6 guys ran up and started firing arrows at me, so i unloaded my shotgun into them, taking out 3-4 in the process. Then I got a pistol shot to the dome and died :(

antonz

When nightfall hits is it pitch black on some parts of the map? and do you guys need to utilize fire sticks for light source?

Inside buildings is where it can get really hard to see at night. Outside there is still some degree of moonlight generally. Its not super bright but you can see ahead of you and around you ok.

At night the danger is if you do use a light you stick out

FrsDvl

Hand to hand combat is a little shitty in this.. Someone with barefists killed me while i was attacking him with an axe. Doesn't make sense!

wrongway

It might just be because the downtime reset things, but the new patch seems good for loot. Found a backpack and a bike helmet, saw several water bottles and some lesser tools like hatchets and crowbars. Even found a 1911 and then a couple mags worth of .45 ammo in another building. Hunger and hydration take noticeably longer to tick down too. Real nice update so far.

FrsDvl

It might just be because the downtime reset things, but the new patch seems good for loot. Found a backpack and a bike helmet, saw several water bottles and some lesser tools like hatchets and crowbars. Even found a 1911 and then a couple mags worth of .45 ammo in another building. Hunger and hydration take noticeably longer to tick down too. Real nice update so far.

Yeah i found a lot of stuff too! Definitely has improved.

HowZatOZ

Banned
What is this, some unholy union of DayZ and Rust? What makes this game different from those two?

Crafting is actually competent and you can build proper housing systems. Hell you can build a water catchment system. Zombies are deadly and will fuck your shit up. Animals have decent AI and you can use them to lure zombies away.

Oh also it seems like with the crafting recipes people are finding now that the path devs are taking H1Z1 is that yes there will be large cities/areas of dense housing but going off the beaten track will be sparse. This is to encourage player housing in those parts while you venture into the denser areas for loot/confrontation.

kcxiv

Crafting is actually competent and you can build proper housing systems. Hell you can build a water catchment system. Zombies are deadly and will fuck your shit up. Animals have decent AI and you can use them to lure zombies away.

Oh also it seems like with the crafting recipes people are finding now that the path devs are taking H1Z1 is that yes there will be large cities/areas of dense housing but going off the beaten track will be sparse. This is to encourage player housing in those parts while you venture into the denser areas for loot/confrontation.

Zombies are super buggy as they dont recognize you and lag a bit, though smedley said they are being fixed soon. Once they are fixed and how many there can be in an area. its going to be a game changer i think. They need to start spawning some zombies inside buildings though. Once you are in, you are pretty much safe if you close the door

I was able to play some using Steam Family Share on my account, not sure if I am supposed to be able to play, but I did, overall I think it's got a pretty solid foundation, very bare bones at the moment, understandably, look forward to playing some more as it gets further in development, and also the FOV gives me a headache.

Compsiox

Banned
I was able to play some using Steam Family Share on my account, not sure if I am supposed to be able to play, but I did, overall I think it's got a pretty solid foundation, very bare bones at the moment, understandably, look forward to playing some more as it gets further in development, and also the FOV gives me a headache.

you can change the FOV to 70.

Top Bottom