• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

H1Z1 Early Access |OT| You've got red on you.

Somnia

Also for those asking about zombies

John Smedley @j_smedley · 34m 34 minutes ago
slow responding zombies are part of the server frame rate fix. You will see a lot more of them too :) right now we are easy mode.

edit: adding this to this post since it was last post of the last page

Probably already posted but:

John Smedley @j_smedley · 52m 52 minutes ago
loot spawning / respawns will be addressed with tonight's patch.

John Smedley @j_smedley · 53m 53 minutes ago
Hunger and Thirst will be dealt with in the next patch. We think it's too harsh too. Just trying not to overcompensate. We want it hard.

kcxiv

I'm not sure, I've been killed by bows a couple of times and no one has ever killed me in one hit.

guns are non existent. I've played for four hours on Solace and not seen or heard anyone with a gun.
i got 1 shotted to the head and i was at like 90 health. you can be 1 shotted by the cheap bow.

kcxiv

Watched some gameplay and the framerate already makes this better than DayZ.

Paying for crates is a load of nonsense though. Why would anyone pay for a temporary gun that someone might just steal from you?

for the fun of the event! some of them streams and videos of crate drops are hlarious

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
for the fun of the event! some of them streams and videos of crate drops are hlarious

I feel like many people talking shit about the airdrops haven't actually participated in one. They are fun as hell now, people and zombies all over the place. When zombies are fixed, the airdrop events will be even better.

I got 3 airdrops from my Premium bundle and won't use them till me and my friends establish a base and get geared up.

I like the new airdrop system but I think 5 dollars is too much. I think 2 wouldn't be bad.

i hope they limit clans to like 10 or something because you dont want them getting to big and just taking over a damned server and steamrolling folks.

Yeah that's always the toughest thing in these games. In Rust you could take over a server in a day with a good 6 or more people. They could run through everyone camps with player made weapons and c4 in one night.

Holy shit these cratedrops are gold on Twitch. Towilee just kited a dude into the crate dropping and killing him.

we are making a nice simple Play Battle Royale button instead of searching for open servers

VERY nice.

Somnia

I got 3 airdrops from my Premium bundle and won't use them till me and my friends establish a base and get geared up.

I like the new airdrop system but I think 5 dollars is too much. I think 2 wouldn't be bad.

Yeah that's always the toughest thing in these games. In Rust you could take over a server in a day with a good 6 or more people. They could run through everyone camps with player made weapons and c4 in one night.

Holy shit these cratedrops are gold on Twitch. Towilee just kited a dude into the crate dropping and killing him.

VERY nice.

Towelliee's kite into the crate was fucking classic.

FrsDvl

Has anyone noticed a change in brightness since yesterday? I find it to be VERY dark at night, and during the day, in the shade, it's almost impossible to see anything.

HowZatOZ

Banned
You want them to make it Call of Duty or something? Everyone finds AR15s and have KOS death match? sounds super boring

He was talking about the loot progression and speed of looting.

These updates are gold, and definitely shows the true form of an early access title that relies so heavily on the community feedback.

Iadien

Has the loot been fixed yet?

as posted above:

1) Loot - more of it. 2) Hunger / Thirst - slower drain rate. 3) Server frame rates - still an issue and we're working hard on it. 4) G29 issue - our platform team thinks they have a fix for the rest of these incoming. 5) Numerous battle royale fixes (note we are not deducting tickets right now and won't tell we're happy with it).
Patch later in the day / Early evening (sorry for the bad patch times but we feel it's better to do it fast this first week at the expense of better patching times.. mostly because better patching times means late night and our developers are already pulling 18 hour days.).
Smed

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I'm playing on Ultra though
Toggle the graphics quality and or look in the player config ini and see what lighting quality is set to. It should be 1. It's in the steamapps h1z1 folder. If you start messing around with the the ini you'll probably have to set it to read-only so it doesn't change on load.

antonz

From what I've been seeing, this seems like a pretty competent game with a lot of potential.

I'll play it when it hits PS4.

Yeah the games foundation is solid. Its early and very rough but of all the ones out there it has the best chance.

Crafting works pretty well already. Found a guy who discovered a cave under a church. built himself a nice little setup.

Yeah the games foundation is solid. Its early and very rough but of all the ones out there it has the best chance.

Crafting works pretty well already. Found a guy who discovered a cave under a church. built himself a nice little setup.
Whoa...I need to find this spot. I love caves.

kcxiv

That has nothing to do with what you were saying. Who the fuck wants to stop every 5 minutes to find food? Sounds boring as hell.
yeah, they need to slow it down and cut the berry ratio in half then. make more sticks drop! lol While i dont want it to be this much of a pain in the ass, i dont want it to easy either.

Gurrry

As much as people are shitting on this game, these devs have made more improvements/patches in 2 days than Day Z SA has in its entire lifespan.

I know there might have been some miscommunication or whatever and gamers feel scorned, but atleast this is a company with a proven track record and wont abandon its player base. SOE gets shit done.

Iadien

As much as people are shitting on this game, these devs have made more improvements/patches in 2 days than Day Z SA has in its entire lifespan.

I know there might have been some miscommunication or whatever and gamers feel scorned, but atleast this is a company with a proven track record and wont abandon its player base. SOE gets shit done.

Yep, working during a Holiday weekend to get shit done should tell people all they need to know.

kcxiv

Yeah, they are on them fixes quick, they arent messing around, its not perfect, and probably wont ever be, but they are getting shit done fast.

And for a game that supposedly got its image tarnished they are adding 200 MORE servers on tuesday.

Gurrry

Yeah, they are on them fixes quick, they arent messing around, its not perfect, and probably wont ever be, but they are getting shit done fast.

And for a game that supposedly got its image tarnished they are adding 200 MORE servers on tuesday.

Yeah dude, i mean.. its Sony. Its not some random guy that made a mod or some dev that made Big Rigs. Its an actual legitimized company.

I feel pretty confident that they will have a quick turn around and get things done in a timely fashion.

Yeah. I have faith in SOE. The communication, quick changes,long hours. No questions asked refunds. They have gone above and beyond these late few days. The engine is solid, the team is passionate. This game has a ton of potential.

FrsDvl

Toggle the graphics quality and or look in the player config ini and see what lighting quality is set to. It should be 1. It's in the steamapps h1z1 folder. If you start messing around with the the ini you'll probably have to set it to read-only so it doesn't change on load.

Thanks! That did the trick. It was set to 0

Yeah I have to say I'm pretty impressed, I've never followed early access like this before using the dev tracker, really interesting seeing all the communication and updates. It's obvious they're dead set on putting this into a much more enjoyable state asap. Knowing they're dropping another patch tonight to fix loot respawns is just making me more excited to dive back in.

mnannola

I'm looking forward to the server fps fix to go in so the zombies are much more active. Also I believe it will increase the wildlife population as well. That plus the loot fix will make this a great early access start in my eyes.

That has nothing to do with what you were saying. Who the fuck wants to stop every 5 minutes to find food? Sounds boring as hell.

Hunt a deer.
Chop some wood.
Make a bow drill.

Don't have to worry about hunger for an entire hour.

Who wants to play a survival game that doesn't want to have survival gameplay? Sounds stupid as hell.

Shady859

PVE can u not steal another players air drop? I saw one dropping the guy died but he has nothing good cept a lil ammo and nice waist pack and misc junk. The crates here still but I can't search it with E can do the proximity search. Searched his dropped loot bag as well. :/

Top Bottom