• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

H1Z1 Early Access |OT| You've got red on you.

H1Z1 Dev Adventures PT.1 - Met a friend... I miss him.

More screens.
Premium edition hat. Green flannel Shirt and Camo back pack skins.
84217762A284BA5507EB5485FC459DA09DDA6891

Sleep now...
954147D8FA3F6902EDC57B0BDA44F69DBCB4C23D

Soon...
2DD82BC66F42D331056468128B4A92F1F1B23C18

It's hard to tell since they are really sorting out a lot of things. The short time I played was spent running around eating blackberries then dying of starvation. The people I did see just ran past me. I'm wondering what the long game of PvE will be.

Anyone know if they'll add in unique roaming bosses or anything like that? Would be cool to have to group to accomplish something like getting a unique drop from a boss encounter or explore cave systems, etc.

Ive met many nice ppl and many ppl that just want to kill you for your stuff. I almost died from food poisoning and someone gave me some meds...it all really depends on the time your playing and who you run into.

Thanks for the impressions. I might wait until PVE gets expanded on before jumping in but I'm definitely going to keep up with it.

Korten

Banned
I am REALLY enjoying this game. Got it and played it with my friend. So. much. fun.

Sucks we had to stop... Our car got turned over and exploded.

Smed on Cheats.

This is a situation we are extremely on top of. When we first launch we get a good survey of what people want to do.. we watch them do it, then we ban them into the nether world of scumbaggery they belong in. You'll be seeing us ban and shut down the few things we see on a regular and very rapid response basis.

What we have is extremely robust in terms of detection and prevention. Now that we started with detection, you'll be seeing the prevention go nuclear.
Smed

Teknoman

So I got killed by some guy who ran at me yelling "What da faaaaaak?!" out of nowhere.

Just respawned, stumbled on some empty storage building with file cabinets, and found a handgun.

Solace of course...if any GAF are out there, send help.

EDIT: Also how do you raise your hands and let someone know you're friendly?

Having tons of fun with this game, but why is everyone without a microphone a murdering son of a bitch?!?!

I try to live my h1z1 life like The Dude but if these people dont want to abide I may need to find a new policy.

Seems like they have a really decent base to improve on, so im excited to see where it goes.

The graphics in this game are terrible.

It seriously doesn't look like a PC/PS4 game.

More like a PS2 game.

It's like someone saw DAYZ and made this copycat game in a month.

Compsiox

Banned

More like a PS2 game.

Why do all free2play games have horrible ass graphics? Even the popular one that rake in a lot of money have bad graphics.

Sevenfold

More like a PS2 game.

Bizarre isn't it? It's almost as if this were a test version or something daft like that.

I am really enjoying this game.

It's so incomplete, yet so fun. It has so much friggin potential.

Tonight, we killed a zombie and it dropped a "key" with a letter. It lead us to a cache next to a lake which resulted in what you see below.

Videos are NSFW due to language of mine
<3

http://www.twitch.tv/cornwood/c/5904962

Later on, we ran into town and came across a few players. We had planned on being mostly friendly based on how players reacted to us. This is the result.

Dude pulls gun
http://www.twitch.tv/cornwood/c/5905005

Man does not pull gun
http://www.twitch.tv/cornwood/c/5905034

CryptiK

sigh had my cop car just blown up by a bunch of assholes with AR's in the top town. :( oh well I have spark plugs and stuff at my base so it shouldnt be hard to get another one running.

demolitio

It's awesome running into random people and then grouping up. It's not awesome having bandits on the lose and one of them with a shotgun finding you with one of them telling him to kill me. But it went back to pretty awesome that I could run and hide long enough to log out for the night since I was tired anyway.

I hope this game doesn't turn into DayZ where EVERY encounter is a hostile one just because people get paranoid after bandits kill them a few times.

The random encounters and social interaction is what makes these games great so if it just turns into deathmatch, then it loses its appeal.

Great game with a lot of potential.

RulkezX

I highly doubt they'll improve the graphics at all.

The game is missing final textures , animations and effects.

It's almost like they don't want to have to pass a 50GB client around daily for their internal builds.

I dunno what the latest loot patch fixed, I have been in a EU server since 8am this morning and it's still impossible to find anything

Sigh, you pick a fight then run from me? People make it so difficult, I know I have more sprint than you I WILL catch you lets just skip the foreplay and duke it out.

How does the game handle with ping? I know they are adding EU servers but I also want to play with some of my U.S friends on the U.S servers, is the game okay with 100-150ms? I'm assuming the netcode is like Planetside 2's?

Sevenfold

How does the game handle with ping? I know they are adding EU servers but I also want to play with some of my U.S friends on the U.S servers, is the game okay with 100-150ms? I'm assuming the netcode is like Planetside 2's?

Very playable today. Since E fix and desync fix (didn't see it in patch notes but much more stable now guess it's ongoing but night and day compared to Friday) Besides that extra latency just means you need to keep the element of surprise on your side ;)

Teknoman

Anyone having issues with voice chat having a kind of static effect? If I turn listen volume up, then it seems to cause that.

Also I am feeling the no loot effect :(

No map in the game yet right?

HowZatOZ

Banned

Hah, how odd. That shadow and lighting is gorgeous on medium.

More like a PS2 game.

I feel like people have truly forgotten what a PS2 game use to look like.

kcxiv

I thought they were supposed to be tweaking hydration and energy decay. Did they forget?

i think it got tweaked, but very very little. Same with loot. i mean i have found loot but it took a good while. No guns at all anywhere though.

Zombies really really need to be fixed, once they are in towns you can get away from 1vs2 or 1vs3 lol the way it is now, if you get ganged up on your screwed. lol

sackninja

They've said they don't want to over do the hydration, starvation and loot tweaks so they will keep tweaking them if people keep asking.

Hellers

I found some loot when I first logged in. A couple of axes, a gun and some shirts but I'm about as far away from civilisation as it's possible to get on the map. I've been running down a single road for nearly 15 minutes now and still haven't seen anything but grass

Sevenfold

I found some loot when I first logged in. A couple of axes, a gun and some shirts but I'm about as far away from civilisation as it's possible to get on the map. I've been running down a single road for nearly 15 minutes now and still haven't seen anything but grass

I did that yesterday then came across the skull and crossbones sign for edge of map and had to turn round :/

Any EU gaf on Unhinged server?

kcxiv

something wrong with the graphics settings this is medium....

1024x576.resizedimage

this is high

1024x576.resizedimage

something is wrong with the settings, this makes the graphics look way better.

RulkezX

Dear lord. The reddit community is totally toxic. What were they thinking making that the official comms location?

It's not as bad if you show topics but newest posted , if you have it on top posts it's just a toxic mess off people who haven't played the game up voting shit posts and chiming in with their opinion on why the game is so bad.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
If you want ultra quality, but medium's lighting, you can go into the ini file and change lighting quality to 0. Medium gets way too dark for me tho. I haven't tested 2-5. I'm not sure if Ultra downgrades anything else.

I've been telling people to change the ini to read-only to not be overwritten, but apparently you can change overall quality to -1 for custom settings.

I haven't messed around with the ini enough to find out optimal settings. Restarting and logging into a server to test every option was getting too tedious.

Hellers

I tried to kill a deer today but it appeared to be speedhacking. Also is it just me or are zombies now more aggressive? They need to do a lot of work with melee combat though. It's very broken when fighting zombies.

Everytime I get into a server, I play for like 5mins and my PC crashes.

That never happens with other games or doing anything else on my PC.

It must be the game. Now is there a way for me to fix that or do I just wait for more patches in this game?

Please someone answer me. I want to just play this game for awhile :(

TheYanger

Everytime I get into a server, I play for like 5mins and my PC crashes.

That never happens with other games or doing anything else on my PC.

It must be the game. Now is there a way for me to fix that or do I just wait for more patches in this game?

Please someone answer me. I want to just play this game for awhile :(

Probably not the place we'd be able to help here, you might want to trek over to the official forums https://forums.station.sony.com/h1z1/index.php
There's a tech support forum there. Worst case, you found something that they aren't aware of and it might take a bit for a fix. Best case, it's something easily fixed and someone else has encountered it and troubleshot it already for you.

They'll almost assuredly want more information about your PC too, since 'it crashes' doesn't help if they can't figure out why :( The danger of running anything on PC, but MOSTLY alpha/beta products.

Very playable today. Since E fix and desync fix (didn't see it in patch notes but much more stable now guess it's ongoing but night and day compared to Friday) Besides that extra latency just means you need to keep the element of surprise on your side ;)

Cool. Thanks for the reply. Downloading it at the moment.

Top Bottom