• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

H1Z1 Early Access |OT| You've got red on you.

yay me

i got the IED recipe

needs one landmine & a scrap of cloth.

I just posted it on the gamepedia page as well :D but you guys are the first to know otherwise.

Big Chungus

i think solace has gotten worse the past couple of hours.

this morning there were tons of friendly people, now whenever i see someone and try communicating with them they just pull out their bow and start shooting me.

also, when i chopped down a tree it spawned a cop car and killed me:

WdeQLNY.jpg

Jams775

yay me

i got the IED recipe

needs one landmine & a scrap of cloth.

I posted it on the gamepedia page as well :D but you guys are the first to know otherwise.

That's a weird recipe. Wouldn't an IED be improvised? Like a tin can full of nails and gun powder or something? Not a landmine with a handkerchief on top for camouflage.

Wallach

I've seen this before a couple times, actually. Once there was actually a player inside of it who was super confused. Apparently the cars aren't being spawned, but moved from somewhere else on the map.

Compsiox

Banned
Just killed guy in police station begging me to stop.

Felt real good.

Edit: Am I a bad person? He was whining. I thought he might cry. Maybe he was a twitcher or something.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Just killed guy in police station begging me to stop.

Felt real good.

Edit: Am I a bad person? He was whining. I thought he might cry. Maybe he was a twitcher or something.

Nah, put the weaklings out of their misery. They'll toughen up and start KOSing like everyone else.

Compsiox

Banned
I THOUGHT THIS ENGINE WAS UNHACKABLE??!!

Some guy who was a black dot on my screen was next to me in 5 seconds and hit me while we were both in a full sprint at one point he appeared in front of me and tried shooting me with an arrow.

Some guy who was a black dot on my screen was next to me in 5 seconds and hit me while we were both in a full sprint at one point he appeared in front of me and tried shooting me with an arrow.

i heard its old planetside 2 hacks. hope so because that would make it easier to patch.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.

nothing is unhackable, but...

"This is a situation we are extremely on top of. When we first launch we get a good survey of what people want to do.. we watch them do it, then we ban them into the nether world of scumbaggery they belong in. You'll be seeing us ban and shut down the few things we see on a regular and very rapid response basis.
What we have is extremely robust in terms of detection and prevention. Now that we started with detection, you'll be seeing the prevention go nuclear.
Smed"

Teknoman

you hit it with whatever you have actually this is excellent video telling you how to do things right here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oLxYCq1-8o

This needs to be in the op.
i think solace has gotten worse the past couple of hours.

this morning there were tons of friendly people, now whenever i see someone and try communicating with them they just pull out their bow and start shooting me.

The night is dark and full of horrors.

wrongway

Just spent an hour poking around Pleasant Valley and actually found some stuff. Most of it consisted of empty and stagnant water bottles, but I did find a few cans of food and some gear -- a bike helmet, a nearly broken 1911 (but no ammo), a new shirt, few caps that I converted to cloth, and a knife, the first tool I've encountered in maybe 5 hours of game time. I don't suppose it can be used to cut down trees though. :x

v1lla21

I need to join you guys. Add me on Steam and send me a message:

MadridistaGAF

dang, we just got off. lol. we made it to Ranchito Taquito and logged off there. I sent you a request on Steam though.

We had fun killing a Brazilian dude who attacked me because I told him that the only way to get a backpack was to go in the middle of a lake or river and and start fishing. He got even more mad when i reminded him that Brasil lost 7-1 to Germany. lol.

FrsDvl

dang, we just got off. lol. we made it to Ranchito Taquito and logged off there. I sent you a request on Steam though.

We had fun killing a Brazilian dude who attacked me because I told him that the only way to get a backpack was to go in the middle of a lake or river and and start fishing. He got even more mad when i reminded him that Brasil lost 7-1 to Germany. lol.

We took the car. We crashed.. It was fun

Too bad you and Phantom left! I'll never find the other guy again, stupid crash :( We found a HUGE fortress out by Ranchito Taquito, but guys started shooting at us from there with machine guns.

Compsiox

Banned
I got chased by 5 battle royale survivors after finding a sack with AR15 and shotgun and a backpack and a bunch of other shit.

I hid away and logged off.

See you guys tomorrow.

Teknoman

Can people in groups 1-3 hear you if you're just in the main h1z1 channel? At any rate, im gonna get on and mess around for an hour or so. Hopefully i'll be able to get a house set up. Didnt know you could actually cut up zombies once redead, or actually physically cut down trees.

So i broke the glass of an apartment building balcony and thank god i did there was a group lingering around there with rifles just waiting for people to kill...pure fluke that i got away with seeing them there..

if i had a sniper rifle they'd never know what hit them

suprisingly not alot of people check inside the buildings for loot

FrsDvl

Can people in groups 1-3 hear you if you're just in the main h1z1 channel? At any rate, im gonna get on and mess around for an hour or so. Hopefully i'll be able to get a house set up. Didnt know you could actually cut up zombies once redead, or actually physically cut down trees.

No. The only people that can hear you are the people that are in the same room as you. Best to just join main H1Z1 for now, unless there are different groups going.

v1lla21

No. The only people that can hear you are the people that are in the same room as you. Best to just join main H1Z1 for now, unless there are different groups going.

Lol, I went into the main room telling dudes to switch over to h1z1 channel and they were asking who the fuck I was so I got out.

Compsiox

Banned
So i broke the glass of an apartment building balcony and thank god i did there was a group lingering around there with rifles just waiting for people to kill...pure fluke that i got away with seeing them there..

if i had a sniper rifle they'd never know what hit them

suprisingly not alot of people check inside the buildings for loot

Mostly because all you find is food and a backpack. They already have those.

FinalHeaven

Neo Member
I'm really torn. On one hand the game looks amazing and everyone I watch play it seems to be having a good time. On the other, I'm a bit miffed about the micro transactions in the current form.

Compsiox

Banned
I'm really torn. On one hand the game looks amazing and everyone I watch play it seems to be having a good time. On the other, I'm a bit miffed about the micro transactions in the current form.

The micro transactions have in no way altered my experience. You rarely run into people who have guns and are fully loaded. I almost forgot they existed.

You wouldn't regret buying it. I have 18 hours from the past 3 days alone.

Trace

Banned
Well so far I've been killed by two groups of 4 people... fun times.

Just wish I could find some loot somewhere, searching entire towns and finding nothing past water bottles is annoying.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
It's it possible to be camouflaged in trees or grass. Are you visible through the more and grass models or can you like sneak around all stealth like?

wrongway

It's it possible to be camouflaged in trees or grass. Are you visible through the more and grass models or can you like sneak around all stealth like?

You can be pretty sneaky, especially at night. I happened across someone's little camp at night earlier, and crouch-walked pretty close until he heard me. When he looked over I dropped to prone in the grass and held still. He spent maybe 20 seconds looking around with his bow out until he got close enough for both of our name tags to appear (so maybe 20-30 feet?), which gave me away. :p

Teknoman

I cant shred my pants for some reason. Made a bow and then couldnt use it because I didnt have a satchel on me >_<

Man they've got the zombies moving at a good aggressive speed now. I happened on a few small wooden houses (not player made I think), and started snagging some berries outside. I see some other...person standing with their back turned, only to realize its a zombie. Then another player goes running by with like 3 zombies after him and the other takes chase. Next thing I know, I hear arrows zipping around and a few scattered gun shots. Decided to take shelter in the house after another zombie snuck up on me somehow. Logged off looking out a window with 2 zombies milling about and the sound of some arrows zipping nearby.

I dunno what i'll log into tomorrow...hopefully more GAF will be around.

Wallach

I cant shred my pants for some reason. Made a bow and then couldnt use it because I didnt have a satchel on me >_<

You may be holding items in the pants, they have to be empty to drop/destroy them (same with any other personal containers).

If you don't have room to carry the bow, you should be able to see it on the ground in your Proximity Items window (hitting Tab while you're standing next to it), so you can just drag it directly into one of your equipment slots instead of loading it into your containers first.

Teknoman

You may be holding items in the pants, they have to be empty to drop/destroy them (same with any other personal containers).

If you don't have room to carry the bow, you should be able to see it on the ground in your Proximity Items window (hitting Tab while you're standing next to it), so you can just drag it directly into one of your equipment slots instead of loading it into your containers first.

What, really? Damn its somewhere near the river then! I wonder if I can run back to it before I turn in for the night...

The way devs handle hacks are to survey them to collect all their data and behavior before banning them. That way they can use that data to prevent future hacks by recognizing the behavior patterns.

HowZatOZ

Banned
I'm really liking this game so far. I sorta wish it would just be a paid game so there was more of a traditional content approach rather than needing to monetize it through micro transactions. Otherwise the game has been running really well on my PC, it plays well and has lots of interesting approaches to the survival genre.

I could see them going the paid route with option cosmetic items if the game begins to shape up and the community so desires. Yes SOE are all about free-to-play but even they have said community is a big part, and rightfully so with this type of game. If the community doesn't like it and offers better approaches they'll listen.

Also I think the kill on sight attitude will disappear once people start building bases. You'll get more connection and hopefully natural progression of an ecosystem.

Compsiox

Banned
I could see them going the paid route with option cosmetic items if the game begins to shape up and the community so desires. Yes SOE are all about free-to-play but even they have said community is a big part, and rightfully so with this type of game. If the community doesn't like it and offers better approaches they'll listen.

Also I think the kill on sight attitude will disappear once people start building bases. You'll get more connection and hopefully natural progression of an ecosystem.
kos will never go away. Ever.

kcxiv

KOS will NEVER go away. EVER. This is the whole reason why SOE Made the game for that aspect of it.

kos will never go away. Ever.

KOS will NEVER go away. EVER. This is the whole reason why SOE Made the game for that aspect of it.

The nature of the beast. DayZ, Rust, and Nether were no different, and I imagine that WarZ/Infection Stories (whatever bullshit they want to call themselves), 7 Days to Die and Miscreated are no different. Find some friends or some group that will take you in and fuck everyone else.

Teknoman

What, really? Damn its somewhere near the river then! I wonder if I can run back to it before I turn in for the night...

Nope. Searching for it, I get mobbed by zombies, wander into a campsite, someone spots me and asked me if I just spawned. I say "yeah, ive been trying to gather some berries, but im about to die". The instant I say die, his buddy comes out of nowhere and point blank drives and arrow through the back of my head.

The initial guy said he was sorry, gg, and better luck next time...too bad I didnt take note of his name lol. Felt like that "better luck next time" scene in Changing Lanes.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Probably shouldn't have said that it will disappear, but it would lessen as a community grows out of a server. It is indeed the nature of the beast.

Top Bottom