• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

H1Z1 Early Access |OT| You've got red on you.

Okay, I keep hearing different things about this game. It's P2W - it's pretty good - it's fixed now - can't get on a server - etc.

What's the deal? Is it worth the $20 or is it extremely flawed?

Okay, I keep hearing different things about this game. It's P2W - it's pretty good - it's fixed now - can't get on a server - etc.

It's early and is rough around the edges but the foundation is solid and a ton of fun.

Most of the P2W complaints are from people who haven't even played the game. The dev team has been quick to respond and tweak things and most of those complaints are largely gone.

Etnos

Banned

I'm very critical about it, I do think is P2Win at least with the loot balance as right now. Said so if you like DayZ like games and you don't mind spending $20 ain't that bad, gotta say it does feel way more polish than other games in the genre.

As a curiosity its fine, not sure if I'm sticking with it in the long term.

antonz

Just paid $20 to be in a Q?

They are adding another 200 servers they said in the next day or two. They are averageing around 30k on at a time. peak today was 41k on at once.

PVE is chillllll. It's a nice change of pace from the constant terror of PVP. :)

PVE Is nice while they sort out the basics. Players cant kill you directly but they still get in the way by gobbling up all the supplies. Short of going straight mountain man everyone is a pest even if friendly to you.

DrBo42

The balance on 1v1 combat is just so bad. I can open with a solid arrow shot to upper chest and land 3 machete hits without killing him or even making him bleed. Then he gets a lucky bow quickdraw on me and 1 shots. Fucking serious? Wat.

antonz

The balance on 1v1 combat is just so bad. I can open with a solid arrow shot to upper chest and land 3 machete hits without killing him or even making him bleed. Then he gets a lucky bow quickdraw on me and 1 shots. Fucking serious? Wat.

They do need better head detection as well for melee weapons. I mean I hit them directly in the head with a machete and that should be considered a headshot.

Etnos

Banned

Headshot server only ? perhaps

PvP is so much fun in this game!!

Oh my.. the terror when you hear footsteps behind you while you have nothing but a stick for a weapon... And the guy behind you has an a bike helmet and an axe.

Played with a few friends last night and I couldn't stop. I haven't played many sandbox games, but seriously this game is awesome.

However, I don't think it would be as fun PvE. This game is built around the terror of seeing other humans in the game and having no idea if someone is going to keep going or make a beeline for you to kill you and take everything you have.

v1lla21

Oh my.. the terror when you hear footsteps behind you while you have nothing but a stick for a weapon... And the guy behind you has an a bike helmet and an axe.

Played with a few friends last night and I couldn't stop. I haven't played many sandbox games, but seriously this game is awesome.

However, I don't think it would be as fun PvE. This game is built around the terror of seeing other humans in the game and having no idea if someone is going to keep going or make a beeline for you to kill you and take everything you have.
yup. I've met over 10 people and only 2 were dicks and killed me on sight even though I had nothing but berries on me.

kcxiv

there is almost no reason why you shouldnt have a bow on you withing tyhe first 5 min of spawning. Thats the first thing i do. Make the damned bow.

But yes, when you hear footsteps you gotta get ready to fight. lol

Yeah. I don't think I could play games like this PvE. Wouldn't seem fun at all IMO if you couldn't battle other players. I'm not even the type to kill people that are friendly but there is no real threat in the world apart from bears. I feel zombies are more of an annoyance than anything. Funny thing is I'm watching DansGaming on Twitch and he is playing on PvE server and finding all kinds of gear and weapons and I can't find shit on PvP lol. Played maybe 5hrs today and found some cans of tuna, beets, and a helmet...that is it.

SDCowboy

I complete disagree. It's a complete different game on PVE servers. It's about zombie survival and exploring and cooperation in PVE rather than a PVP game on PVP servers. They are two very different beasts.

thats why they are adding 200 more servers. Only can have so many people on a server. GOtta wait.

200 more sounds insane. I'm getting SWTOR memories of where they added a shit ton more servers and then you had trouble doing dungeons due to lack of people on the server. I wish they would get rid of the population that says high/med/low and replace it with actual numbers of people in game and in queue. Also ditch the ping bar and replace with actual number.

I complete disagree. It's a complete different game on PVE servers. It's about zombie survival and exploring and cooperation in PVE rather than a PVP game on PVP servers. They are two very different beasts.

Zombies are barely even a threat atm tho which takes the fun out of it IMO. Devs did say they were in easy mode so I guess we can always wait and see.

Jams775

I've heard people say they can put their hands up in surrender and that there are other emotes. Is this true? How do you do that? Didn't see anything in the controls menu.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Loool. Losers.

Lol we was waiting for you!!!! You could have saved us.

Damn...I missed out on the fun :(
EDIT: where are you guys anyway? I logged out at cranberry

Hmmm we are by pinecrest villa iirc or ranch I tequito. Not sure.

I've heard people say they can put their hands up in surrender and that there are other emotes. Is this true? How do you do that? Didn't see anything in the controls menu.

Yep. There's also a teabag lol and middle finger emote

So you need a different character for every server? Wtf is up with that?

So people can't loot server hop.

wrongway

200 more sounds insane. I'm getting SWTOR memories of where they added a shit ton more servers and then you had trouble doing dungeons due to lack of people on the server. I wish they would get rid of the population that says high/med/low and replace it with actual numbers of people in game and in queue. Also ditch the ping bar and replace with actual number.

Well these aren't like regular MMO servers that house a few thousand concurrent players, I think they currently cap at 200 people so they fill up fast

Well these aren't like regular MMO servers that house a few thousand concurrent players, I think they currently cap at 200 people so they fill up fast

True but I still see lots of low pop servers around...200 sounds really excessive IMO unless they are battle royale ones lol...those seem hard to come by.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
True but I still see lots of low pop servers around...200 sounds really excessive IMO unless they are battle royale ones lol...those seem hard to come by.

The 200 servers they are adding, to my knowledge at least, are only European servers.

v1lla21

That is way too many lol, you can die in an instant and all that work is lost.

I kept finding areas with a lot of bushes so I went crazy. My dream is to deplete the whole place of berries and then make a stand where I barter berries. I'll even make juice for people.

Any of you guys playing, I'm going to hop on in 30 minutes.

SDCowboy

When? When I was on earlier it was almost all high and very high. Almost all the mediums were the ones with a ton of different rules. Didn't see any low.

psn

Just found a military backpack, 80 rounds for the AR, compass, nightvision, tons of food, water and metal...Killing zombies gave me the best loot in the recent hours..

Dubz

I have been playing for about 45 minutes and I've only found a water bottle. Is it normal to not find anything in buildings and cars?

SDCowboy

I have been playing for about 45 minutes and I've only found a water bottle. Is it normal to not find anything in buildings and cars?

As folks pointed out to me, use the proximity window (tab) and save yourself a lot of time searching.

As folks pointed out to me, use the proximity window (tab) and save yourself a lot of time searching.

I don't think that is always accurate like a bunch of times I would hit it and it would show nothing but there was a can of food in front of me and I would put the mouse over it and it would tell me to pick it up.

SDCowboy

I don't think that is always accurate like a bunch of times I would hit it and it would show nothing but there was a can of food in front of me and I would put the mouse over it and it would tell me to pick it up.

Yeah it's not always right, but it is often enough that it's worth it over clicking a million cabinets to find stuff. haha

Top Bottom