• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

H1Z1 Early Access |OT| You've got red on you.

psn

I'm downsampling the game at almost 4k with a GTX 760 ti, can't imagine streaming at 1080p would be that hard.

But I think it has a memory leak or sth like that, because after 3 hours it became a bit choppy, even though I had 80+fps before.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
So I've spent the last 3 hours watching this guy Lirik's stream of H1Z1 and watching his hilarious antics of trying to survive/kill others has definitely made me interested in trying this game out. How's the GAF guild/survival group for this?

v1lla21

So I've spent the last 3 hours watching this guy Lirik's stream of H1Z1 and watching his hilarious antics of trying to survive/kill others has definitely made me interested in trying this game out. How's the GAF guild/survival group for this?
You try and meet up and maybe die a couple of times. Once you do, you Run around carrying berries and purifying water. You'll meet other GAF members while playing but they'll be doing their own thing. I ran into someone called DishelvedGAF yesterday but the player kept running.

We have servers we play on but not much of a guild or group. Though I kinda want to start patrolling major cities with gaffers to protect survivors from Gank Squads. I think it would be something fun to do.

When I'm not running around with friends I'm usually playing Batman on rooftops of the cities killing zombies and watching people interact.

84217762A284BA5507EB5485FC459DA09DDA6891

Please do this if your run into one.

#H1Z1 survivors unite! If you see a hacker, send their name and the server you are on right away to h1z1hacker@soe.sony.com #BanHammer

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
You try and meet up and maybe die a couple of times. Once you do, you Run around carrying berries and purifying water. You'll meet other GAF members while playing but they'll be doing their own thing. I ran into someone called DishelvedGAF yesterday but the player kept running.

We have servers we play on but not much of a guild or group. Though I kinda want to start patrolling major cities with gaffers to protect survivors from Gank Squads. I think it would be something fun to do.

When I'm not running around with friends I'm usually playing Batman on rooftops of the cities killing zombies and watching people interact.

This is what I want to do, go patrolling with 5+ people deep and either protecting survivors or ganking gankers. :lol

NZOO

Banned
I can only think of a few things to try

1) changing the exe's to admin
2) move the install folder out of the default steam folder
3) using different nvidia drivers (I'm using 344.75, and I haven't experienced a single crash, I have a 670 gtx though)

I have the latest drive, changed my exe to admin before. I hope they patch this or address it.

This is what I want to do, go patrolling with 5+ people deep and either protecting survivors or ganking gankers. :lol

This is a reason why the game needs some kind of honor system, not to stop attacks but to maybe slowly turn your name orange or something, or unlock something.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
I have the latest drive, changed my exe to admin before. I hope they patch this or address it.

try using an older driver, the newest nvidia driver 347.09 sucks for me, so I switched back to 344.75.

SDCowboy

I've gotta say, I'm extremely impressed with how well this game runs. My rig only has an old GTX 560 and I can run the game on ultra with the draw distance pretty cranked with no issues. Butter smooth.

v1lla21

I've gotta say, I'm extremely impressed with how well this game runs. My rig only has an old GTX 560 and I can run the game on ultra with the draw distance pretty cranked with no issues. Butter smooth.
Yeah it runs good and looks good too. Not the best graphics but it also isn't ugly and it works well for an alpha.

SDCowboy

So how does the bow drill work for making fires? I used it right by the camp fire/logs and couldn't get anything to happen.

FordGTGuy

Banned
But I think it has a memory leak or sth like that, because after 3 hours it became a bit choppy, even though I had 80+fps before.

That's strange, I've yet to come across this.

So how does the bow drill work for making fires? I used it right by the camp fire/logs and couldn't get anything to happen.

Press E on the campfire/BBQ/furnace and find the bow drill in your inventory that will popup and right click and hit ignite. It should take 14~ seconds to light it and it usually does it on the first try.

SDCowboy

Press E on the campfire/BBQ/furnace and find the bow drill in your inventory that will popup and right click and hit ignite. It should take 14~ seconds to light it and it usually does it on the first try.
That's exactly what I did but the fire logs never lit. lol

Teknoman

Think i had a hacker on the Solace server.
Was walking in nobodys land with no one around me and believe me i checked.
Al of a sudden a guy is standing behind me and beats me to death???
It was impossible because it was open land and he could not have hidden somewhere, was pretty pissed about it.

I dont trust people in this game.
Walked by a house and a guy walks out, asking me do you got any food.
I say im friendly, and i drop some food for him.
He says its to heavy, so i tell him just open inventory and eat it from proximity.
He say thanks and i walk of.
All of a sudden i see an arrow flying by me, i turn around an walk back.
I asked why are you shooting at me i helped you.
His creepy respons, it wasnt me it was some other guy in the house.
He said, come with me in the house and kill him together....
I was like nah, and ran like hell.
This was some cabin in the woods shit right there.

Damn lol. Encounters of all types provide some interesting stories.

Just finished downloading. Every 'normal' pvp server I want to join has a minimum 40 minute queue time. Any word on expanding server capacity or adding servers?

Shaky

Finally saw my first airdrop. Ran to it and by the time I got there it was swarmed by zombies, probably 6 or 7 total. They all rushed me and I started to shooting arrows as fast as I could. Ended up being a military crate with a bunch of stuff to build a base.

Grabbed as much as I could carry and logged out so I wouldn't get killed and lose it all lol.

psn

Just found an AR in a cache with the correct letter (and a military backpack etc) and it was so useful. Came across 3 dudes, they instantly fired at me. I told them to stop. But they didnt want to. So I killed them all, stole their backpacks, shred them because I already have a miltary one and I didn't want them to get it back and they had so much stuff I could use, thx for the easy choice to kill you guys :D And thx for your stuff..
emyPFv.jpg

A7BNuS.jpg

FrsDvl

I'd be down for that!!

Me too! But sometimes, I just.. I just, have to kill some stranger. You never know what you might find!

Also v1lla did you get the steam username of the guy that was playing with us yesterday? The guy that wasn't from gaf? He respawned before I got to ask what his steam was.

Finally saw my first airdrop. Ran to it and by the time I got there it was swarmed by zombies, probably 6 or 7 total. They all rushed me and I started to shooting arrows as fast as I could. Ended up being a military crate with a bunch of stuff to build a base.

Grabbed as much as I could carry and logged out so I wouldn't get killed and lose it all lol.

I think all crates spawn with zombies inside.

It certainly surprised me when my very first airdrop had 7 zombies waiting and all I had was a machete :-|

FordGTGuy

Banned

7 Zombies drop with airdrops.

I'll be honest if I am a fresh spawn and see a person with a back pack I do try to kill them no questions asked. It's a backpack...it's worth murdering for.

v1lla21

Me too! But sometimes, I just.. I just, have to kill some stranger. You never know what you might find!

Also v1lla did you get the steam username of the guy that was playing with us yesterday? The guy that wasn't from gaf? He respawned before I got to ask what his steam was.
Yeah, I added him. He's probably on right now.
Lol yesterday when you shot the dude that was quiet was funny as hell. He was just chilling on the bridge and you shot him. I was cracking up.

FrsDvl

Yeah, I added him. He's probably on right now.
Lol yesterday when you shot the dude that was quiet was funny as hell. He was just chilling on the bridge and you shot him. I was cracking up.

Haha, we did get some food out of it. Can't trust no one, especially someone with the name Shady.. Don't trust shady characters.

antonz

Looks like first tease of new map area. From a post about finding your way around

TV antennas point toward the transmitter. The Pleasant Valley area is far too small to have its own TV transmitter, so the population used one from a larger city nearby, so TV antennas in the area will be pointing to it.

Top Bottom