• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

H1Z1 Early Access |OT| You've got red on you.

FrsDvl

Something I noticed yesterday, while driving around. Zombies, and animals, are completely unaware of you. It's a great way to kill some deer and get venision.

antonz

well didn't take long people have found ways to grief buildings now. Fill up an entrance to say the police station with animal traps and no way in

First things first, we need a eat till your full button. Damn berries !

Still surviving, character is 3 days old.
Escaped some gunfights with bandits, escaped a psycho cop chasing me in a car with sirens on.
Filthy beggers and thiefs ( dont touch my rabbits).
Had a run in with an insane person who invited me in the house to kill together but he wanted to kill me.
Ditched my house and lead a nomad excistens, once they know where you are, your fucked and they always find you !!
And many more stories, my character feels alive.
And here is the worst part, i dont want to die.
I have so much stuff and i am attached now.
I am becoming very solitairy and avoiding roads and towns.
When i need something i sneak in at night with my lights out prefarably when there is mist.
My social chats are with zombies before i give them an arrow in the head.
And when i take a breather i do it crouched in the bushes.
And when i need to get a drink or even need to do something else i log off.
But....im still alive and breathing.

So I was doing my Batman impression and watching over everyone while on a rooftop and saw two guys clean up a few players. One of them was armed. I took my bow shot a few horribly placed arrows and was noticed. They saw me and they were coming for me. I had spark plugs and a battery on me so I didn't want to die. I decided to try and jump from the roof and hopefully land in a window or something. After the initial drop I started recording.

Rooftop Escape.

Not enough....and I use that for my bow.

I had this problem at first. In inventory, it shows the timer as though you are shredding your jeans, but if you have items in your jeans, it doesn't happen. If you move your items to your belt and then shred your jeans (and your shirt), you'll have enough for a satchel and a bow.

Jams775

So I was doing my Batman impression and watching over everyone while on a rooftop and saw two guys clean up a few players. One of them was armed. I took my bow shot a few horribly placed arrows and was noticed. They saw me and they were coming for me. I had spark plugs and a battery on me so I didn't want to die. I decided to try and jump from the roof and hopefully land in a window or something. After the initial drop I started recording.

Rooftop Escape.

Wow I've been playing for a couple of hours and had no idea there was even a town like that. I must be running in circles or something.

FrsDvl

Who's going to be playing tonight? About 4 hours from now?

I logged out close to the dam/cranberry. Looking to group up again!

Something I'd like to see added is the ability to check sinks to see if there is any water left in the pipes.

This, and also toilets too! You may laugh but this was an ability in The Long Dark, you could drain a ton of water from toilets that would last you awhile. Having them in every bathroom would be unbalanced but in some it'd be a godsend, just need to add things like canteens maybe (not sure if these are in already?) to hold more.

So is the patch dropping tonight adding more loot to containers? Saw a tweet from smed mentioning it just not sure if that's making it into the patch for today.

Tobor

So..., the good news is I'm in.

The bad news is I'm in the basement of the police station looking at a sea of spikes. Shit.

I wonder if there will be any climbing ledges and over gates animations not that everyone should be able to do parkour skills but that would be pretty neat

Tobor

I made it out of the basement and just blew some dudes minds when I showed up on the other side of the wall of animal traps. Lol.

Klyka

Banned
I wonder if there will be any climbing ledges and over gates animations not that everyone should be able to do parkour skills but that would be pretty neat

Yes,they said they want a mantling system, this was one of the big things they said they HAD to have in the game.

psn

First things first, we need a eat till your full button. Damn berries !

Still surviving, character is 3 days old.
Escaped some gunfights with bandits, escaped a psycho cop chasing me in a car with sirens on.
Filthy beggers and thiefs ( dont touch my rabbits).
Had a run in with an insane person who invited me in the house to kill together but he wanted to kill me.
Ditched my house and lead a nomad excistens, once they know where you are, your fucked and they always find you !!
And many more stories, my character feels alive.
And here is the worst part, i dont want to die.
I have so much stuff and i am attached now.
I am becoming very solitairy and avoiding roads and towns.
When i need something i sneak in at night with my lights out prefarably when there is mist.
My social chats are with zombies before i give them an arrow in the head.
And when i take a breather i do it crouched in the bushes.
And when i need to get a drink or even need to do something else i log off.
But....im still alive and breathing.

On which server are you playing? I live the same life atm...

Padinn

Friend and I had AR15s, Shotguns, Ammo, plenty of food, and a car. Crashed into an arrow hovering in mid air and exploded.

BUG REPORT!

Tobor

A nice guy just put a campfire through between the animal traps so I have a ton of cooked rabbit meat. Low on water though.

v1lla21

Haha yeah, I drove up to it, was going to check it out. Then we were getting shot at with machine guns. Looked really cool though.
Don't risk it. I'll try to get out of there so you won't lose your stuff. I'll see if the other guy will be on.

FrsDvl

Don't risk it. I'll try to get out of there so you won't lose your stuff. I'll see if the other guy will be on.

I don't really have much to lose, so it's okay. Plus i shouldn't be coming by it. It's located on Hunter Drive I believe, as soon as you turn out of Ranchito.

Caad

Neo Member
I just got wrecked by a grizzly bear.

Spent a few hours gathering cloth, crafting a bow, killing zombies, getting loot to craft more stuff...and a bear jumps out from behind a tree and 1-shots me. Everything is gone. I have to say, it was pretty funny, but frustrating nonetheless.

antonz

I just got wrecked by a grizzly bear.

Spent a few hours gathering cloth, crafting a bow, killing zombies, getting loot to craft more stuff...and a bear jumps out from behind a tree and 1-shots me. Everything is gone. I have to say, it was pretty funny, but frustrating nonetheless.

Bears are mean for sure. Tried to kill one with a bow and it killed me. I spawned right next to a bear who then killed me again. Was not a good period of time

Caad

Neo Member
Bears are mean for sure. Tried to kill one with a bow and it killed me. I spawned right next to a bear who then killed me again. Was not a good period of time

No kidding. He ran at me, and I ran away for a few seconds to get some distance. Shot him with my bow and arrow, and then he pounced and destroyed me. Definitely going to have to steer clear of them in the future.

Somnia

Just a few tips for new players

Starting Out:

The first thing you will want to do is press tab and open your inventory.
From here move all of your items to your belt.
Right click your shirt and click shred.
Usually the item you shred will default to your pants so move cloth into your belt.
Shred your pants.
Click on the Discovery Tab in the inventory.
Drag cloth to the box, click discover.
Do this until you have discovered the Satchel.
Look at the ground there are two plants one that looks like Weeds with rounded lilly pad like leaves and little trees with green leaves.
Press E while facing these and harvest Wood Sticks.
Drag Wood Sticks and a Cloth to the box and click discover.
This makes a Bow.
Drag a Stick into the discovery window and click discover.
Now you can make arrows.
Make a bow and arrow and then travel forth looking for Bushes with White flowers, those have blackberries.
Keep yourself Hydrated and Fed with Blackberries.
From there you are good to adventure.

Helpful Tips and Recipes:
Planks + Sticks = Animal Trap, Shelter Door and Shelter recipes
Animal Meat + Discovery = cooked meat when meat is put in a fire
Water Bottle + Water Source = Dirty Water
Dirty Water/Stagnate Water + Discovery = Purified Water when put in a fire.
Metal Shard + Discovery = Nails
Nails + Sticks + Satchel = Framed Back Pack

Top Bottom