• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

H1Z1 Early Access |OT| You've got red on you.

Bears are mean for sure. Tried to kill one with a bow and it killed me. I spawned right next to a bear who then killed me again. Was not a good period of time

Bears are pretty much for groups or guns. Me and my freinds take them on. One chucks a spear at it and the others with shoot a few arrows. goes down easily.

I did manage to kill one by myself once.
it was stuck on the bed

954147D8FA3F6902EDC57B0BDA44F69DBCB4C23D

Overdoziz

Banned
I'll assume the loot patch hasn't came out yet? Been playing for over an hour and have found absolutely nothing. :[
Even outside of containers I can rarely find anything besides canned food and water bottles anymore. All the locations where I could regularly find decent loot now only spawns that. Really hope that gets fixed today along with the containers.

Dubz

Is there a map you can carry in your inventory? I know there are the map signs in towns, but what about a portable map?

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Alright guys calm down. People have been saying this and not the creators. I never knew why PS2 was hacker free.

What Smedley (SOE President) said recently about the cheating "This is a situation we are extremely on top of. When we first launch we get a good survey of what people want to do.. we watch them do it, then we ban them into the nether world of scumbaggery they belong in. You'll be seeing us ban and shut down the few things we see on a regular and very rapid response basis.
What we have is extremely robust in terms of detection and prevention. Now that we started with detection, you'll be seeing the prevention go nuclear."

Is there a map you can carry in your inventory? I know there are the map signs in towns, but what about a portable map?

Nope. They don't want portable maps in the game, currently.

that is a hot spot!

Yeah, I was trying to mind my own business when some guy wanted to box me. I had like 40% health already from guys shooting arrows at me, so I just ran, but he apparently knew the guys in town and we ran into them while I was running, and they basically said they'd kill me if I didn't box.

I boxed. I died.

Didn't help that my mic was apparently fucked up, couldn't talk to anyone.

So I guess Cranberry and Pleasant Valley are the Cherno and Elektro of this game.

Where can I go that is relatively low key but a chance at decent supplies? Not talking weapons, more like clothes, backpacks, etc.

So I guess Cranberry and Pleasant Valley are the Cherno and Elektro of this game.

Where can I go that is relatively low key but a chance at decent supplies? Not talking weapons, more like clothes, backpacks, etc.

Ranchito Taquito is pretty quiet on Solace right now and I found some good stuff. Might be worth checking out.

besada

Banned
I beat a deer to death with a tree branch, but didn't have any edged tools to cut it up. I haven't found shit in any of the homes I've searched in. I'm surviving off dirty water from a well and black berries.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
I beat a deer to death with a tree branch, but didn't have any edged tools to cut it up. I haven't found shit in any of the homes I've searched in. I'm surviving off dirty water from a well and black berries.

Loot should be fixed after the patch tonight.

Shady859

Solace server Ranchito Taquito is wild wild west right now. Chilling watching from a distance while a group of looked like 7 plus guys had a arrow fight in town. Ate, drank, about to log when whif whif whif arrows flying at me and at least group of guys saying we friendly come here whif whif. So of course I jet because reasons. The want my military backpack like everyone else I saw after I found it. LOL everyone I bumped into was chill until the second I got that..... One guy kept on me while the others were shooting so I knew I was gonna die but fuck um I ran towards the edge of the map up the mountains as far as I could then when I thought out of sight I started big jumps going down to kill myself and ended up spazzing way down the mountain. The plan was hopefully to die and drop loot somewhere so they have a bitch of time finding it I was to tired to run much further. Had massive amounts of cans, berry water and cooked meat nothing rarez except that dumb pack.

Ditto what everyone else is saying, no edged weapons in 2 days for me. No metal or crowbars either... I found a hammer, when I killed a guy who attacked me for my backpack, and was pumped but that isn't considered sharp either. :/

Edit: also near the water tower in Ranchito Taquito some people have built a massive structure above the caged in power plant, very impressive.

Combining them? Not sure if they will fix it but they let you make berry juice with dirty water. Much better than drinking dirty water.

Just saw a dude geared to the teeth. All camo and a military backpack. One shotted him though the head with an arrow. He had a ton of gear, ar 15. real compass; stuff you get from that mission. just as I finished looting his buddy runs up and say "You fucked up" started blasting me with a shotgun and killed me. I spawned pretty close to them. His third buddy was picking up his loot but i guess was full I came up punched him on the side of the head and started running. Hid in a bathroom while they raided the gas station across the street, then went back to the bag and picked up a military backpack, night vision goggles and a gun and booked it. Love this game.

Unrelated; These Battle Royale payouts are pretty damn good.

Solace server Ranchito Taquito is wild wild west right now. Chilling watching from a distance while a group of looked like 7 plus guys had a arrow fight in town. Ate, drank, about to log when whif whif whif arrows flying at me and at least group of guys saying we friendly come here whif whif. So of course I jet because reasons. The want my military backpack like everyone else I saw after I found it. LOL everyone I bumped into was chill until the second I got that..... One guy kept on me while the others were shooting so I knew I was gonna die but fuck um I ran towards the edge of the map up the mountains as far as I could then when I thought out of sight I started big jumps going down to kill myself and ended up spazzing way down the mountain. The plan was hopefully to die and drop loot somewhere so they have a bitch of time finding it I was to tired to run much further. Had massive amounts of cans, berry water and cooked meat nothing rarez except that dumb pack.

Ditto what everyone else is saying, no edged weapons in 2 days for me. No metal or crowbars either... I found a hammer, when I killed a guy who attacked me for my backpack, and was pumped but that isn't considered sharp either. :/

Edit: also near the water tower in Ranchito Taquito some people have built a massive structure above the caged in power plant, very impressive.

When did that go down in Solace, didn't see any of that...

I've been having good luck finding edged weapons in small campsites.

Shady859

When did that go down in Solace, didn't see any of that...

I've been having luck finding edged weapons in small campsites.

15-20 minutes ago, I ran along time. :) I was out of town to the north? I have no sense of direction yet... The arrow fight I was watching was at the top of the hill above town like where all the rows of houses are. I was chilling/hiding way across the way by 2 fenced houses on a hill I guess they seen me peek out or something. The guys who chased me were not in the fight.

I'm GAFturtle if you see me don't shoot. I am cool unless arrows/bullets are wizzing at me.

15-20 minutes ago, I ran along time. :) I was out of town to the north? I have no sense of direction yet... The arrow fight I was watching was at the top of the hill above town like where all the rows of houses are. I was chilling/hiding way across the way by 2 fenced houses on a hill I guess they seen me peek out or something. The guys who chased me were not in the fight.

I'm GAFturtle if you see me don't shoot. I am cool unless arrows/bullets are wizzing at me.

wow, I've been in there for a couple of hours now...must've just missed it.

Gurrry

This is what happened to me.. I lost it all. I cant go back!

Shady859

This is what happened to me.. I lost it all. I cant go back!

LOL never ever never get attached to anything in DayZ or H1Z1. Whatever great stuff you have someone will always take it. Just find joy in knowing a bigger group will take it from them and then police car will eventually spawn out of a tree and kill the whole group. :)

Top Bottom