• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

H1Z1 Early Access |OT| You've got red on you.

Has anyone been running around with controller support? I'm curious as to how it's been working out for you and what you're using. I'd probably wind up using Pinnacle.
If you're just going to bitch and moan about how I should use keyboard and mouse, or how I'll be killed, please don't, I don't give a shit, thanks.

Has anyone been running around with controller support? I'm curious as to how it's been working out for you and what you're using. I'd probably wind up using Pinnacle.
If you're just going to bitch and moan about how I should use keyboard and mouse, or how I'll be killed, please don't, I don't give a shit, thanks.

I'm sure it will officially come eventually since they need to figure it out for PS4 it's just not a priority for them right now. More options are always good for all types of players.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.

Controller support is not a priority for them right now, last I heard. That's especially true during these first few weeks while they're trying to fix a lot of bugs.

I'm sure it will officially come eventually since they need to figure it out for PS4 it's just not a priority for them right now. More options are always good for all types of players.

Controller support is not a priority for them right now, last I heard. That's especially true during these first few weeks while they're trying to fix a lot of bugs.

Yeah, I kinda figured with the imminent PS4 launch. Was just curious to see if it was responding well with other programs. Anywho, I guess I'll join you guys whenever the support happens. May you all be able to connect to servers and get broken drops, have fun. : p

v1lla21

Sorry my dudes but I probably won't get on until later. I came to a Japanese steakhouse and I didn't know how long it took lol.

I've lost 3 air drops so far, all that I've purchased. People hunt them down ruthlessly. If they plan on nerfing it more, I'm not sure I'll ever get what I paid for.

Dubz

OK so a couple things.

I love the weather in the game.

I love the social aspect of finding someone cool to scavenge with

I love the fact that My legs dont break if jump from a 2 foot ledge like in DayZ.

Zombies don't seem to pose any threat at all, and there a very few of them

I never ever find anything in containers

For a pre alpha I'm liking what I'm playing

EIDT: I Just found a hatchet!

demolitio

I hope I find another nice person in this town I'm in since these bandits have been brutal around here. I keep hearing proxy chat and getting scared.

Shady859

Found a hatchet as well, in a zombie drop loot bag. First blade in 2 days don't even care if it's just at 154, was enough to kill a man who shot arrows at me after saying friendly then hiding.

Found the dirty deeds toxic waste dump haha awesome cave.

Compsiox

Banned
Found a hatchet as well, in a zombie drop loot bag. First blade in 2 days don't even care if it's just at 154, was enough to kill a man who shot arrows at me after saying friendly then hiding.

Those zombies with loot used to be players

Shady859

Hahah right on queue, ran across bridge just as I make it to the Pleasant Valley sign and head torwards wood I hear whoosh whoosh lol hauled ass and hid on hill overlooking police station. I'll be checking that out in the morning. Looked like a few guys out front of it now. Been a fun night can't wait for loot improvement patch.

Not sure if anyone has a list or cares but below are the skins I got from $40 versions crates and 1 BR lowest level mystery bag.

- green trucker cap (BR bag I think)
- tan polo shirt
- blue camo pants
- orange racing helmet
- tan canvas outback hat
- tan leather outback hat

The tan polo is actually pretty dark and long sleeved it and the blue camo pants are good the rest are trash. They better improve skins a lot or people won't be paying cash for keys.

wrongway

Hopped on for 20 minutes of lurking in Pleasant Valley before calling it a night. Mostly just more cans and water in buildings. Saw guys in a couple cars cruising around. Then I killed a random zombie and it was one of the ones who was a player. Dude had a backpack, a big waist pack, a nice flannel shirt, a fun hat, and some extra food and arrows! :O

No tools though, of course. :[

Excited for the patch tomorrow, should be good.

AcridMeat

Banned
Just bought the game and played for a little while, stumbled across this place too. Someone was coming out of it and said there wasn't anything in there except for a chest they couldn't open...they sounded genuine/new since we were helping each other out after that.

First life I met a friendly dude who helped me out with purifying water, then when we were trying to get to Cranberry in the woods I randomly started dropping health super fast, no one was around us and I died. Maybe someone with arrows? But I didn't see anything.

Then second life I found a backpack in a house, see a guy, say friendly, I come out and he has a gun, and he has a friend with an axe and they just murder me.

Hahah right on queue, ran across bridge just as I make it to the Pleasant Valley sign and head torwards wood I hear whoosh whoosh lol hauled ass and hid on hill overlooking police station. I'll be checking that out in the morning. Looked like a few guys out front of it now. Been a fun night can't wait for loot improvement patch.

Not sure if anyone has a list or cares but below are the skins I got from $40 versions crates and 1 BR lowest level mystery bag.

- green trucker cap (BR bag I think)
- tan polo shirt
- blue camo pants
- orange racing helmet
- tan canvas outback hat
- tan leather outback hat

The tan polo is actually pretty dark and long sleeved it and the blue camo pants are good the rest are trash. They better improve skins a lot or people won't be paying cash for keys.

I got...
-orange racing helmet.
-green camo backpack
-x2 tan plo shirt
-x2 green flannel shirt

I'm sure the skins will get better when they open up the studio for the community to create their own stuff.

FrsDvl

So we made a plan.

We are going to start a fortress. It'll be by the -redacted- check next post. We are gonna start building tomorrow!

v1lla21

So we made a plan.

We are going to start a fortress. It'll be by the. We are gonna start building tomorrow!

This will be GAF's base. A few of us will be logging off from here and start working on building the base tomorrow.
You can only see the location by quoting me, please don't post it so we can only keep this between Gaf members :p

demolitio

That was fun. Kind of nice being in a group instead of being prey for bandits.

I'll try to get more metal for barbed wire.

Edit: For some reason, I can't add myself to the spread sheet. If anyone could add me, I'd appreciate it.

Demolitio Demolitio -Demo- EST Solace.

Teknoman

Yeah that was pretty good going. Sucks for that guy who shot Hidden Valley.

7872DC78F822502EFD3A5B0A18D20F3B772AAB0A

Next time we need to record our trip or something.

Fun night. Tomorrow should be exciting once we start work on the base.

This is SirTigglesWorth by the way. I'm in progress of a name change on here.

demolitio

That's his fault. Lol.

He must be passed off, he helped us out for a while.

I figured he was mad because he didn't get any of the loot even though plenty of us didn't get anything out of there so he tried to get some people killed. First, he pulled me aside (not far enough away to where you couldn't hear him) and said that the random dude we encountered killed him earlier and wanted me to kill the guy for him which I said I follow the group and don't plan on starting anything. So while you guys were chasing him away, he then said that Hidden just killed a guy so we needed to kill him right away so he shot him.

I called him out and said we were all from GAF and then he got a swift arrow to the face as he asked for food...lol.

It really made no sense considering he happened to stumble across a good group, but I guess he wanted the loot for himself. If I had more than 2 rounds for my 1911, I would have executed him with style. :p

FrsDvl

I figured he was mad because he didn't get any of the loot even though plenty of us didn't get anything out of there so he tried to get some people killed. First, he pulled me aside (not far enough away to where you couldn't hear him) and said that the random dude we encountered killed him earlier and wanted me to kill the guy for him which I said I follow the group and don't plan on starting anything. So while you guys were chasing him away, he then said that Hidden just killed a guy so we needed to kill him right away so he shot him.

I called him out and said we were all from GAF and then he got a swift arrow to the face as he asked for food...lol.

It really made no sense considering he happened to stumble across a good group, but I guess he wanted the loot for himself. If I had more than 2 rounds for my 1911, I would have executed him with style. :p

I enjoyed doing it. Anyone got some food I'm about to starve. Pew arrow in the head. Don't need no traitors in our group.

demolitio

I enjoyed doing it. Anyone got some food I'm about to starve. Pew arrow in the head. Don't need no traitors in our group.

I was closing in with my spear just as the shot dropped him and I couldn't stop laughing for quite a bit.

Game is so much fun and shit like that just makes it that much better. I guess that guy will know where we are if we're building there but hopefully we can handle him.

FrsDvl

I was closing in with my spear just as the shot dropped him and I couldn't stop laughing for quite a bit.

Game is so much fun and shit like that just makes it that much better. I guess that guy will know where we are if we're building there but hopefully we can handle him.

Don't think he was around anymore when we were discussing it though!

Top Bottom