• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

H1Z1 Early Access |OT| You've got red on you.

GAF TaskForce assemble! Should we continue to kill random dudes for the fuck of it after befriending them or should we barter with them and let them be on their way?

This is how I play:

a) Only attack in retaliation.
b) I find some good loot, and I mean good loot that you want to kill someone over. I will kill them due to competition.

Otherwise I leave people be. I don't like kill on sight just because you see someone. Makes it in my opinion just another death match game which I can play something like CS:GO for. I like making a choice in engagement, that choice depends on the situation. Sometimes I won't and will haul ass.

Earlier today was having a shoot out for a couple of mins by some police station (not sure where), it was me vs 3 of them. They started advancing closer to get into the building when I decided to haul ass out of the building through one of the other doors. I can't take them all on. It started out because they tried to kill me/taunt me by shooting through/at the window when they spotted me inside.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
GAF TaskForce assemble! Should we continue to kill random dudes for the fuck of it after befriending them or should we barter with them and let them be on their way?
You'll need a motorcycle helmet to protect yourself against quick scope arrows. lol. I hear they absorb one arrow. If you charge an arrow, you can fire it immediately later.

FrsDvl

Depends.

If they don't have gas money, you kill them.

If they have a backpack, you kill them.

If they help you out, they are good to stay. If they try to betray you in the end, arrow to the head.

sleepykyo

I don't know why some people even bother roleplaying the victim in these sorts of scenarios. Beg some neckbeard not to shoot me? Fuck that noise :)

You either shoot me and I respawn or I walk away. I choose not to play your game.

makes for better viewing than the usual litany of curses.

FrsDvl

Is anyone playing right now, that has either a crowbar,or metal shards? I want to make a shovel so I can burry some stuff I have in my bag, so I can start collecting wood planks for our fortress.

On Solace

v1lla21

The problem is that I don't want our cool little group to become like all the other bandits out there. I think we should barter with them and let them be.

I love that gaf needs to make a post asking if they should kill everyone they come across or not. Sad.

The thing is that we were accepting anyone to join us as we ran around doing nothing but looking for loot and picking up fellow GAF members. Once we did this, we had people instigating to start shit or they were being assholes to others in the group. GAF members come first then randoms :p

FRS, add calebkish to Steam. He's the random we met two days ago and was cool with us.

Dahlifyr

Banned
Im really getting paranoid when playing on Solace!! Just had a standoff with some random who asked me:

Are you Friendly?

Me:Yeah im friendly

Him: Are you sure?

Me: Just let me pass the dorrway and i will take to the right and you will not see me again...

All this while pointing at each other with our bows:D

Small things that makes the game so alive:)

FrsDvl

The problem is that I don't want our cool little group to become like all the other bandits out there. I think we should barter with them and let them be.

The thing is that we were accepting anyone to join us as we ran around doing nothing but looking for loot and picking up fellow GAF members. Once we did this, we had people instigating to start shit or they were being assholes to others in the group. GAF members come first then randoms :p

FRS, add calebkish to Steam. He's the random we met two days ago and was cool with us.

Yeah we were pretty nice to everyone, unless they tried to start shit.

Added him.

This is how I play:

a) Only attack in retaliation.
b) I find some good loot, and I mean good loot that you want to kill someone over. I will kill them due to competition.

Otherwise I leave people be. I don't like kill on sight just because you see someone. Makes it in my opinion just another death match game which I can play something like CS:GO for. I like making a choice in engagement, that choice depends on the situation. Sometimes I won't and will haul ass.

Earlier today was having a shoot out for a couple of mins by some police station (not sure where), it was me vs 3 of them. They started advancing closer to get into the building when I decided to haul ass out of the building through one of the other doors. I can't take them all on. It started out because they tried to kill me/taunt me by shooting through/at the window when they spotted me inside.

This. I treat everyone like danger and just avoid them. Zig-zagging is usually good enough to avoid makeshift bow shots.

Friend of mine wants me to pick this up for some coop fun. How's everyone liking it so far? Looks like a cross between DayZ and Rust from what little I've seen.

Saganator

Just got this. In Solace server, I was trailing a couple dudes with guns going on a murdering spree. Then some guy named Headspicegaf started running at me with a stick, he didn't seem to be worried about the dudes with guns. I took a couple shots at him and started running, assuming the gaf guy was with the guys with guns. GAF guy was pretty relentless, chased me pretty far. The whole time I'm trying to get him to realize I'm a GAF'er too, stop chasing me, but he kept at it, never saying a word. Low on energy, I decide it's time to fight back. After getting me with an arrow, he decides to charge me with his branch, and I manage to place an arrow into the GAF'ers head and he drops right at my feet. Good shit.

I think I need to get into the GAF mumble server so I can play with some people. Some other guys made me dance, but did not kill me. I feel pretty damn vulnerable alone.

Soi-Fong

Just got this. In Solace server, I was trailing a couple dudes with guns going on a murdering spree. Then some guy named Headspicegaf started running at me with a stick, he didn't seem to be worried about the dudes with guns. I took a couple shots at him and started running, assuming the gaf guy was with the guys with guns. GAF guy was pretty relentless, chased me pretty far. The whole time I'm trying to get him to realize I'm a GAF'er too, stop chasing me, but he kept at it, never saying a word. Low on energy, I decide it's time to fight back. After getting me with an arrow, he decides to charge me with his branch, and I manage to place an arrow into the GAF'ers head and he drops right at my feet. Good shit.

I think I need to get into the GAF mumble server so I can play with some people. Some other guys made me dance, but did not kill me. I feel pretty damn vulnerable alone.

This is funny.. Lol What is the mumble server?

v1lla21

KOS ruins this game
Yeah, we don't KOS. We either let them join us or they can go. If they don't put their weapon away, we do kill as we don't want any of the members to die.

Hey my dudes, we should come up with rules so everyone is on the same page once we get our set up going.

Jams775

Yeah, we don't KOS. We either let them join us or they can go. If they don't put their weapon away, we do kill as we don't want any of the members to die.

Hey my dudes, we should come up with rules so everyone is on the same page once we get our set up going.

Are you guys mostly playing on Solace or the Harcore one? I'd like to play HC but I don't know how many gaffers are actually on that one. Otherwise I'm waiting for the patch to come through then I hope to see you all in game.

Soi-Fong

If any of you guys are near Cranberry. I need serious help... Solace btw.

FrsDvl

Ill try and figure out what's making it choppy, i'll try it from the other PC later today, it's got a bit better specs.

owlbeak

Quit playing last night, was waiting on the loot patch to drop since I am in an area loaded with containers and things to search. Has that patch dropped yet? If not is there an ETA? I know they said last night but I quit at 11pm EST and there was no patch as of then.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Could someone jump back into my twitch? Just want to see if its better now

Runs better but is in a tiny box.

ysAA2vB.png

Quit playing last night, was waiting on the loot patch to drop since I am in an area loaded with containers and things to search. Has that patch dropped yet? If not is there an ETA? I know they said last night but I quit at 11pm EST and there was no patch as of then.

https://twitter.com/j_smedley/status/557435738942623744

Sorry for not getting the patch out tonight. We are close but one piece needed some extended testing. Tmw for sure. Earlier the better

As for timeframe:

https://twitter.com/j_smedley/status/557476954426073088

@thaithaicom don't intend to make people wait. Just trying to keep you all informed. Mid day US is our guess.

Saganator

Get on Solace already people! 5 of us here, 2 cars going! You guys are missing out

I'm about to hop back into Solace now. My game name is Saganator, so please don't kill me! Are you guys in a mumble/teamspeak?

edit:

Decided to make a new char, GafSagan.

Dahlifyr

Banned
Anyone that can add my name to the Spreadsheet, couse i cant for some reason:)

NeoGAF username: Dahlifyr

H1Z1 ingame name:DahlidorGAF

Steam: Legacy892

Server: Solace

SirTigglesWorth here:

Hackers just killed me an a fellow gaf member.

We wandered into a cabin and this guy with a helmet on started swinging his axe at us. So I took a shot at him and hit him with my bow, he then disappeared into thin air. I lost all mobilitity to my character and could no longer attack, and he beat me to death while invisible...

Lost my night vision goggles, lots of metal, my spears, my bows, my military backpack, and more =(.

masud

Banned
Tried to get into this but my daughter was demanding my attention. I'll have to try again tonight. Is there a particular server that gaffers are playing on?

Top Bottom