• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

H1Z1 Early Access |OT| You've got red on you.

red731

I've slapped FXAA and SMAA with overriden app AA which I've set at 8x on the game via RadeonPro.

It did get rid of the jaggies with all the downgrades FXAA brings. Looks pretty nice.

so I just played with the Whiteboy7thst guy and got attacked by Bikeman (I think he's a popular streamer) we ended up killing bikeman though and then randomly all dying together by some type of invisible force.

El'Kharn

I figured he was mad because he didn't get any of the loot even though plenty of us didn't get anything out of there so he tried to get some people killed. First, he pulled me aside (not far enough away to where you couldn't hear him) and said that the random dude we encountered killed him earlier and wanted me to kill the guy for him which I said I follow the group and don't plan on starting anything. So while you guys were chasing him away, he then said that Hidden just killed a guy so we needed to kill him right away so he shot him.

I called him out and said we were all from GAF and then he got a swift arrow to the face as he asked for food...lol.

It really made no sense considering he happened to stumble across a good group, but I guess he wanted the loot for himself. If I had more than 2 rounds for my 1911, I would have executed him with style. :p
I'm HiddenvillageGaf.
I did kill a guy but he was sneaking up for a shot while everyone was distracted by the guy in the hat. Its a shame that other guy decided to have a shot at me but his execution was funny enough to make up for it lol. Gaffers thru and thru.
Also, thanks for helping me out with that nutjob that was trying to kill me when i ran into you guys.....i thought i was screwed when i saw the crew running towards me

HowZatOZ

Banned
Damn, ok thanks. Really wanted to check this out.

I'm waiting on SOE to give out press keys, but once that happens I'll report back on Australian experience. I don't think it will be as bad, probably similar experience to early DayZ mod where it was only when shooting that things became noticeable.

I've slapped FXAA and SMAA with overriden app AA which I've set at 8x on the game via RadeonPro.

It did get rid of the jaggies with all the downgrades FXAA brings. Looks pretty nice.

I'm trying to do this with nvidia and i'm not seeing h1z1 on the list. Just a bunch of sony launchers for ps2 and dcu. care to guide me?

Hoping for the loot patch to come as soon as possible. I have played for 8 hours so far and only found 2 cans of chili and planks if I break those crates. Nothing else is laying in the world + nothing in cabinets and stuff.

antonz

alright.

who was the wise guy who animal trap'd the police station to death in No Hope?

No idea but it was reported to the devs and they said they are fixing it by making traps etc destroyable. Hopefully todays patch will have it.

Its likely the group that is building the skybridge out of traps too from the gas station to water tower hundreds of feet in the air.

Hellers

I don't know why some people even bother roleplaying the victim in these sorts of scenarios. Beg some neckbeard not to shoot me? Fuck that noise :)

You either shoot me and I respawn or I walk away. I choose not to play your game.

Dizlol

Neo Member
This game is looking better than i expected, are there any free invites out there? can't spend the 20 euros on the game but damn is this looking tasty! if not i guess i'll wait!

Shady859

CA1E88FC14EF076F85C97EDF6AE92653B46FC2DD

The good news is they were all full of meat. The bad news is the basement is spiked as well. Luckily it's PVE so the other people stuck are harmless.

red731

I'm trying to do this with nvidia and i'm not seeing h1z1 on the list. Just a bunch of sony launchers for ps2 and dcu. care to guide me?

If you are using RadeonPro, you must first add the game's executable to the empty list you may be reffering to.

Press that green plus button or hover on icons to see it to add it.
Protip: right click the game on steam, setting and open local files, copy the address bar and then paste in once you click on add .exe in RP.

Once there, add h1z1.exe - now you're in.
Check the settings (I don't have that in my mind now) and tick SMAA and other options based on what you like and want to have applied.
(you can also override driver AA, ingame AA and that allows you to force up to 8xXX)

You turn stuff on/off ingame too - I have the hud set on shift +' and then play with ctrl(shift) + insert/delete/home/pageDandU

Good luck

(also, in RP, check the lower right side and click 32bit - have it on 32/64bit - mainly for other games)

Sorry for wall of text guys.

psn

What Smedley (SOE President) said recently about the cheating "This is a situation we are extremely on top of. When we first launch we get a good survey of what people want to do.. we watch them do it, then we ban them into the nether world of scumbaggery they belong in. You'll be seeing us ban and shut down the few things we see on a regular and very rapid response basis.
What we have is extremely robust in terms of detection and prevention. Now that we started with detection, you'll be seeing the prevention go nuclear."

Nope. They don't want portable maps in the game, currently.

If you find a compass you know at least in which direction you are running.

psn

I don't know why some people even bother roleplaying the victim in these sorts of scenarios. Beg some neckbeard not to shoot me? Fuck that noise :)

You either shoot me and I respawn or I walk away. I choose not to play your game.

Or: You go stealth and build up a great inventory incl guns. As soon as those basterds come in groups to attack you with their bow or melee weapons, shoot them in the face. I killed several ppl like this. I told them if they attack me I'm going to kill them all. That was their end. 40 shots with the AR15 are more than enough for bigger groups. I looted all their things, ate them, shred them, so they don't get them back. #justice

psn

It took me a minute to realize what you was referring to lol

Haha, yeah it's not that clear I guess.

Anyway, I'm infected with the H1Z1 virus (used a syringe with infected blood by mistake), so I guess you can't blame me for eating other people :p

Primeau31

No idea but it was reported to the devs and they said they are fixing it by making traps etc destroyable. Hopefully todays patch will have it.

Its likely the group that is building the skybridge out of traps too from the gas station to water tower hundreds of feet in the air.

haha I saw that as well, died laughing. having a fun time so far, may step up to the PvP server soon

Hellers

I take it animal traps are OP

They spawn a piece of meat very quickly and at the moment seem to be pretty much the only container that works correctly :). They do have a downside though. They're not private. Anyone can take the meat from them and soon anyone will be able to destroy them (Interesting how that sort of thing will play out on PvE servers) so I'd say it was pretty balanced.

million dollar question though. On PvE servers what play built stuff is going to be destructable? Being able to destroy stuff is fine on PvP servers where you can kill the guy doing it but on PvE servers currently someone can stand there and destroy your stuff and you can't do a thing about it. I'm curious to see how they'll resolve that and the ability for people to block with built objects.

Or a metal shard and purified water makes a north pointing compass. I haven't found metal to try this yet.

Inhavr anormal compass that combined with the map online i never get lost.
Cant wait till the make a portable map ingame.

For now you could write the coordinates down when your in a town or city.
That way you can always find it back.

Phreaker

First night of playing this in the bag. I didn't even die, surprisingly. I played about 4 hours and ran across a a handful of people. Only one tried to kill me on site (first guy) and somehow I shot him in the face with an arrow before he killed me.

One of the guys I ran across, we teamed up and scavenged. We eventually found a third guy who joined us. Then we ran into a group of people trying to kill us and ran in different directions so I lost them. :(

I ended the night with a new cap, a backpack, quite a bit of food and an empty bottle!

Or: You go stealth and build up a great inventory incl guns. As soon as those basterds come in groups to attack you with their bow or melee weapons, shoot them in the face. I killed several ppl like this. I told them if they attack me I'm going to kill them all. That was their end. 40 shots with the AR15 are more than enough for bigger groups. I looted all their things, ate them, shred them, so they don't get them back. #justice

Yeah, I think I'm going to stick to outskirt towns, farms, and individual houses. If I join up with a group, maybe we can venture into the cities, but they are just insane right now.

If I ever get a gun, yeah, I'm totally playing lone wolf/hermit.

NZOO

Banned
I'm still confused at how the servers hold 1,000 people yet I only stumble across 5 people after 3 hours of play. How big is this landscape ...

Klyka

Banned
I'm still confused at how the servers hold 1,000 people yet I only stumble across 5 people after 3 hours of play. How big is this landscape ...

The servers right now hold 200 people as far as I am aware.
And the map is 8km x 8km.

Ianan

I believe this is the goal once they've increase the size of the map to accommodate the player count.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.

Servers can hold 1,000+ people. They only allow 200 right now, while the map is still smallish.

NZOO

Banned
Ahh makes sense, everyone seems to be out for themselves lol. I don't mind because I get the advantage of better finds.

Klyka

Banned
Servers can hold 1,000+ people. They only allow 200 right now, while the map is still smallish.

hehe "only" 200 people.

It's actually pretty funny how wth 200 people on suh a small map it can very often happen that you don't see anyone for ages.

v1lla21

GAF TaskForce assemble! Should we continue to kill random dudes for the fuck of it after befriending them or should we barter with them and let them be on their way?

Top Bottom