• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

H1Z1 Early Access |OT| You've got red on you.

If with the patch today comes a whipe, i will start on Solace again.
But my character on Deaths retreat has to much gear now to abandon.

Teknoman

SirTigglesWorth here:

Hackers just killed me an a fellow gaf member.

We wandered into a cabin and this guy with a helmet on started swinging his axe at us. So I took a shot at him and hit him with my bow, he then disappeared into thin air. I lost all mobilitity to my character and could no longer attack, and he beat me to death while invisible...

Lost my night vision goggles, lots of metal, my spears, my bows, my military backpack, and more =(.

Damn...well at least we have our first bounty I guess.

commedieu

Banned
i feel like this is how the DayZ stand alone thread started... Anyone else have DAYZ and want to explain why this doesn't suck as much as that DayZ Standalone..?

How much better is this than DayZ currently? How secure too.. much hacking going on..?

AcridMeat

Banned
Aw man...I just spent about 90 minutes running around with this German kid who was nice and helpful. We made it to pleasantville and met another friendly guy who gave us food. Then when scavenging some jerk just opens fire and kills us. ;_;

The loot patch can't come soon enough, maybe it will alleviate the need for people to shoot on sight.

On Solace as well, would be great to find some GAF members.

There needs to be a "missed connections" option for h1z1.

i feel like this is how the DayZ stand alone thread started... Anyone else have DAYZ and want to explain why this doesn't suck as much as that DayZ Standalone..?

How much better is this than DayZ currently? How secure too.. much hacking going on..?

The improved performance/loss of jank alone makes it a tier above DayZ, IMO.

It really depends on what you didn't like about DayZ SA that made it suck for you, though.

I don't like the gameplay/engine jank of Day Z. This game already runs good and the gameplay is fun. Is also has a solid and fun foundation and has has more updates in 4 days than most of these games have in six months.

I don't like the gameplay/engine jank of Day Z. This game already runs good and the gameplay is fun. Is also has a solid and fun foundation and has has more updates in 4 days than most of these games have in six months.

Also, day 1 vehicles seems like a huge plus. I haven't played H1Z1 yet but the lack of faster transport options in DayZ and WarZ got old.

v1lla21

arclegger (h1z1 dev) just mentioned in Lirik's chat that patch hits at 5pm... not sure if he meant EST or PST though :eek:.
SOE is based in California if I'm not mistaking, so I'm guessing pacific time. Whether it comes out PST or EST is fine with me because I don't get home until 7.

DrBo42

Patch notes:

Servers will be going down at 2:00PM with an approximate downtime of up to 2 hours. Servers should be returning around 4:00PM Pacific.

The update includes the following fixes:

•Fixed issue with loot rules which were preventing spawning items inside containers

•Metal Gate should now work properly

•Floating Arrows should no longer cause damage or obstruct vehicles.

•Structures are now more resistant to damage

•Zombies should no longer slide or attack while knocked down

•Dragging a stack of items that was too large to fit in your inventory would not move any of the stack. It now tops off as much as it can fit

•Fixed issue where the inventory wouldn't accept the maximum it could hold when picking up items from proximity/containers.

•The dew collector should work now, seriously

•Adjusted many items so that they will stack in the inventory properly

•Added a recipe for a Metal Door that is more durable than a wooden door

•Additional server list sorting options are now available

•The inventory option "Delete" has been removed

•“Drop”, “Unload” and “Place” inventory options have been removed from proximity items

•Rebalanced melee damage, including fists

•Enabled melee headshot damage for NPC's and players Have feedback on the new melee changes? Post them in Jimmy's thread here

•Fixed issue with the Runamok Toxic Cavern container not working

•Stagnant water can now be purified in barbecue.

•Bear meat can now be cooked on a barbecue.

•Rabbit stew can now be cooked. It now requires cooked rabbit meat instead of raw rabbit meat.

•Hammers, wrenches, and combat knives can now be melted down into bars inside of a furnace.

•Some larger items like the machete and AR15 now yield more metal bars when melted in a furnace.

•Animal traps now take damage.

•The animal trap recipe now require four nails.

•Fixed picking overlapping blackberry bushes where players sometimes had crouch to pick them successfully

•Fixed event tickets so that tickets found in the world are granted and the name and count show up properly

SOE is based in California if I'm not mistaking, so I'm guessing pacific time. Whether it comes out PST or EST is fine with me because I don't get home until 7.

Yeah, but he was speaking to Lirik who would be worrying about his streaming times, and as it turns out, the time is 5PM EST.

DrBo42

Jimmy Whisenhunt said:
Hey survivors,

For those of you that are new to this subreddit and/or the game, my name is Jimmy Whisenhunt. I'm the combat designer on H1Z1 and as of this upcoming patch (1/20/15) we have enabled headshot multipliers on melee weapons and rebalanced damage for most melee combat.

The damage itself hasn't been a huge tweak, but the headshot multiplier is a pretty massive game play change. It has been tested and feels great in a smaller environment here at the office but I want to have a central place for feedback.

We will be watching the data, the streams, twitter and everywhere else, but this is the place to give some more detailed feedback based on your experience.

Thanks and swing carefully!

Going to watch how this plays out from a distance.

psn

Aw man...I just spent about 90 minutes running around with this German kid who was nice and helpful. We made it to pleasantville and met another friendly guy who gave us food. Then when scavenging some jerk just opens fire and kills us. ;_;

The loot patch can't come soon enough, maybe it will alleviate the need for people to shoot on sight.

On Solace as well, would be great to find some GAF members.

There needs to be a "missed connections" option for h1z1.

Might've been me... he killed my friend first.. I was low hp but had very good items. F*ck him.

Anyway, server is down now. Any info when they will be back up?

Soi-Fong

I've played both DayZ and WarZ, hesitant to dive in on this.

Can someone who has played all 3 weigh in on how it compares to those?

The former is still broken with the engine it has. The dev team is also not the best. The latter is literally a pay-2-win.

H1Z1 actually has a competent developer who's developed numerous MMO's behind it and a good engine powering the game. Even early on it's already pretty stable for being in early access and they've been quick on patches and such.

The former is still broken with the engine it has. The dev team is also not the best. The latter is literally a pay-2-win.

H1Z1 actually has a competent developer who's developed numerous MMO's behind it and a good engine powering the game. Even early on it's already pretty stable for being in early access and they've been quick on patches and such.

Yeah, I guess I am just wary as I remember some very positive impressions from DayZ standalone as well which very quickly changed over the weeks/months that followed.

And I've played about 30 hours of Planetside 2 so I have full faith in SOE, was just curious how the game mechanics stack up to those.

Gonna monitor the loot situation for the rest of this week and if it seems like there's actual incentive to explore I may bite on the weekend.

Overdoziz

Banned
Patch notes don't seem to mention anything about items outside of containers no longer spawning. Hopefully they fix that too. It went from finding stuff everywhere to only finding water, canned food and clothes to only finding clothes to finding nothing at all as the day went by.

Top Bottom