• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

H1Z1 Early Access |OT| You've got red on you.

Jigorath

Banned
Producer just changed his twitter profile picture:

NrcUBZA.jpg

He needs to get some sleep.

thats the excuse for everything
they need to get their shit together. i pay 20 bucks i expect a certain amount of quality, especially in a game where you need to pay even more money to get halfway decent weapons

FFS, people need to stop paying for early access and saying they "expect a certain quality". You are paying for the opportunity to play a game before release and be part of the development/feedback process.

If you don't like playing buggy fucked up games then wait until they are done.

they need to get their shit together. i pay 20 bucks i expect a certain amount of quality, especially in a game where you need to pay even more money to get halfway decent weapons
It's alpha....it's literally an alpha game. If it's still alpha a year from now like other games then there is a reason to complain.

Jigorath

Banned

I don't know how else to put this. You paid for a game that isn't finished yet. If you weren't expecting a ton of bugs then that's on you.

fader

It's not an excuse, if you do not like buggy games and expect games at a certain high quality then simply, DO NOT PURCHASE EARLY ACCESS GAMES.

You only have yourself to blame if you are annoyed by the bugs.

Teknoman

I miss our cars

I wonder if we'll ever have reasons to make a boat.

No you dont. We already have someone that had a shotgun and someone else with a hunting rifle just by finding a note that lead to a hidden cache.

lol right from their official website

https://www.h1z1.com/dev-updates/h1z1-what-you-can-expect-in-early-access

Welcome to early access!

[...]
you are paying for entry into the Early Access Alpha. During this phase we are charging money to get in. If this bothers you, you may want to wait until the game launches as a free to play game down the line. Early access isn’t for everyone and it’s fair to say you’re paying for something that isn’t finished, is buggy and rough around the edges
[...]

Here are some key things to consider prior to your purchase

1) It’s very early – there are lots of bugs. There are likely to be some bad ones. You should fully expect that there will be bugs that persist for a while. Even potentially game breaking ones.

[...]
9) Expect the servers to be offline sometimes… even unexpectedly. We plan on making frequent changes to the game, and this means sometimes the servers need to come down. This will happen more frequently during Early Access.
[...]

These are really just some of the things we want to make sure you’re aware of. Early Access is a wonderful thing in our opinion. It gives us the opportunity to craft the game with real users being a part of the experience and helping us to deliver a game with a lot more player input then we would get by waiting to release it. However, Early Access isn’t for people that are expecting a super polished experience. If that’s your expectation, don’t buy it… just wait till it’s free. We are being very transparent in our development. We would encourage you to visit the /r/h1z1 subreddit and interact with the wonderful community that’s formed there. Our developers will be interacting with players on that subreddit and you can expect that we’ll be taking the pulse of the community very closely.

We’re very excited to let you all in to play H1Z1. See you in the game!

All the complaints are flat out addressed by the team. If people can't be bothered to read before buying something well, I don't know what to say.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Stop buying early access games if you want finished products.

i took two weeks off for this game and cant even play the game half the time
You have got to be joking. Or at least next to
E do some research before spending your money.

AcridMeat

Banned
Guys maybe they're just a zombie and have a short term memory.

Or you know, trolling.

Or maybe delusional.

Either way thanks for the laughs.

Anyone else getting an instant white screen and crash with error G28? It doesn't even look like it's getting to the point of checking for servers.

But I do expect to be able to play a game I not, whether it is buggy or not. Right now we cannot play it.

Because the servers are down.

Right in their Early Access page:

9) Expect the servers to be offline sometimes… even unexpectedly. We plan on making frequent changes to the game, and this means sometimes the servers need to come down. This will happen more frequently during Early Access.

Again, why can people not read? You all should have expected downtime. Hell, even finished products have downtime occasionally.

I bought rust. Was pretty cool at first but the wait for a potential final game is far too long. This game looks cool but I'm not gonna fall for it again.

demolitio

While everyone else has addressed the rest of your post, I would just like to ask what gave you that impression about weapons? I haven't paid for anything else, yet I have a sniper rifle, 1911, crowbar, and an axe all found within a few hours of play-time since I couldn't play much this weekend. Now ammo is harder to come by, but I have a few rounds for the 1911 and will be hunting for .308 ammo next time I play.

A few hours of playtime and I FOUND a sniper rifle and handgun without killing anyone. I've crafted bows, spears, and more as well.

I feel like you're just trying to embellish for the sake of your argument. Honestly, this is one of the few early access games where I feel they've communicated extremely well with the community on the state of the game and they were showing it off quite often and saying what's being replaced, etc.

I understand what the fine print is. You can't tell me it still isn't downright frustrating to be this bad though.

It's a bit frustrating, yes.

But we know what we signed up for, it's just part of the process. Can't really blame the devs when they warned us that things just like this would and will continue to happen.

xxracerxx

I understand what the fine print is. You can't tell me it still isn't downright frustrating to be this bad though.
Mildly frustrating would probably be more accurate. It is what? 5 days into this thing and they are working hard to change shit.

Hylian7

it's an EA alpha.

that means it has many asterisks when it comes to a smooth and polished experience.

It's a bit frustrating, yes.

But we know what we signed up for, it's just part of the process. Can't really blame the devs when they warned us that things just like this would and will continue to happen.

Mildly frustrating would probably be more accurate. It is what? 5 days into this thing and they are working hard to change shit.

If you understood, you wouldn't be saying, "I expect to be able to play..."

I never said it had to be a "smooth and polished experience" I said it should at least be playable, otherwise it is a glorified preorder.

At the very least, do they not have the ability to leave the game running on the old patch that, while riddlled with it's issues, was playable?

Hylian7

This is not how any online game works, ever.

When maintenance is being done, the servers go down. There's never fallbacks.

You sure about that? I have seen other games work that way. Dota 2 is one. I'm sure there are others.

Having a fallback is not that hard, hell a simple version control software can help with this.

xxracerxx

I never said it had to be a "smooth and polished experience" I said it should at least be playable, otherwise it is a glorified preorder.

I truly believe you do not understand what early access means in cases like this, because that is exactly what it is.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
You sure about that? I have seen other games work that way. Dota 2 is one. I'm sure there are others.

Having a fallback is not that hard, hell a simple version control software can help with this.
brah.. the game has been out for 5 days. you'll live.

Top Bottom