• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

H1Z1 Early Access |OT| You've got red on you.

poros1ty

I'm actually finding items in fridges now... lots of rotten meat. So that is new. Still find nothing in cars (likely because they've all been searched already). So it is hard to find scrap metal. I think they need to tweak respawn timer.

SLV

Guys i need some advice, what conditions do you need to meet to build the simple shack, and what door can be locked with the code ?

Can anyone confirm that Ultra settings look much better now?

Yeah but it seems they've messed with the brightness/contrast. Day time is way brighter for me now on many settings.

Shadow complexity in some places look really good now like when the sun shines through those high trees and their leaves if you look up (if that makes sense)

Somnia

BTW regarding loot apparently re-spawn timers are around 45 minutes, so loot will exist but again this is a survival game, dont expect diablo stype loot all the time =)

Also they said car's are 1 per spawn, so if someone takes a jeep and hordes at their base (like my group is) that jeep will never respawn in that location till the current one is destroyed.

I hate the solace server, so many psychos that KOS.
Was trying to be friendly , guys asks for advice, i show him the superrmarket and went inside for his security.
when he is done he asks me where do i find guns, so i give him a few pointers and before im done talking he shoots me in the head with an arrow bastard !!

Jigorath

Banned
Sick to death of cunts just hacking me up. Let me just run around and have fun. If I find a gun people are going to regret that shit.

Use a headset. Usually other people with mics will want to work with you when they hear your voice. Nobody trusts the mutes in this game.

Pachimari

Wow, my game's framerate just dropped to 9 all of a sudden.

[edit]
Oh it's back to normal, everything on max.

And how I hate spawning out in the forest in the middle of nowhere all alone.

FrsDvl

Wow, my game's framerate just dropped to 9 all of a sudden.

[edit]
Oh it's back to normal, everything on max.

And how I hate spawning out in the forest in the middle of nowhere all alone.

Perfect chance to collect berries and sticks!

I usually have around 100 berries by the time I find civilization.

Pachimari

I can't understand why this game drops to below 30fps on High/Ultra. I have a GTX 780, i5 processor and 16GB of RAM. I feel like my computer is already outdated even though I build it back in April.

How do I bring up the command line so I can find out my location? Slash doesn't work.

Perfect chance to collect berries and sticks!

I usually have around 100 berries by the time I find civilization.
I spent 10 minutes in the forest finally finding a path leading me to a field. I saw a long line of abandoned cars on a road and went to check it out. Got sniped immediately.

Klyka

Banned
I can't understand why this game drops to below 30fps on High/Ultra. I have a GTX 780, i5 processor and 16GB of RAM. I feel like my computer is already outdated even though I build it back in April.

How do I bring up the command line so I can find out my location? Slash doesn't work.

I spent 10 minutes in the forest finally finding a path leading me to a field. I saw a long line of abandoned cars on a road and went to check it out. Got sniped immediately.

It's a game in early Alpha. It's just some performance problems, not your PC.

Weird that the game is dropping below 30 fps for you, I have a two year old i7 and a 7950 (worse card) and I can stream / record while playing at high and it never drops below 60fps...and when I am not recording it is usually 80ish.

Also, to bring up command line simply press enter, and then /loc for location. You can also do /suicide if you want to respawn.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.

Alpha issue, or maybe driver issue. The most recent Nvidia driver causes issues for some people.

Weird that the game is dropping below 30 fps for you, I have a two year old i7 and a 7950 (worse card) and I can stream / record while playing at high and it never drops below 60fps...and when I am not recording it is usually 80ish.

Also, to bring up command line simply press enter, and then /loc for location. You can also do /suicide if you want to respawn.

Never drops below 60? I would hit alt + F and check your framerate to confirm.

On Ultra, I am getting about 35-60 fps and my video card is under constant 100% GPU usage. This is on a 2500k @ 4.6 and a 290x overclocked. Mind you this is at 2560x1440.

Pachimari

It's a game in early Alpha. It's just some performance problems, not your PC.

Alpha issue, or maybe driver issue. The most recent Nvidia driver causes issues for some people.

Phew, that calms me a bit. :)

Thank you for this. The suicide command doesn't work for me.

Yup, it's only with the latest update (admittedly with improved graphics) that the game has dropped in framerate.

Never drops below 60? I would hit alt + F and check your framerate to confirm.

On Ultra, I am getting about 35-60 fps and my video card is under constant 100% GPU usage. This is on a 2500k @ 4.6 and a 290x overclocked. Mind you this is at 2560x1440.

I haven't noticed and drops below 60 at least, and I always have the dxtory fps counter in the bottom corner. Maybe I am not playing at high settings?...let me check.

*EDIT* I take back what I have been saying, I have been playing at medium, but it runs DAMN good at medium so I dont think I want to change it. Outside of city's I can sometimes hit 120fps while 1080p recording which is just crazy for these types of games.

Some guy killed me for my nice blue backpack that I found. You literally can't solo this game.

It's tough, but there are some friendly folk out there. I met a couple strangers the other day and we ended up playing together for a 4-5 hour long epic session. We ended up joining two more strangers and were on our way to an enemy camp when they ambushed us in a police car and hopped out with guns. We all died together, but we died among our brothers!

Shaky

It's tough, but there are some friendly folk out there. I met a couple strangers the other day and we ended up playing together for a 4-5 hour long epic session. We ended up joining two more strangers and were on our way to an enemy camp when they ambushed us in a police car and hopped out with guns. We all died together, but we died among our brothers!

LOL that's great.

I'm going to be getting on Solace around 11pm EST tonight if any Gaffers want to group up.

besada

Banned
The KOS guys are bothersome. I just got into a four on one fight. Three guys with bows, one with an axe. I had a machete. I managed to get a few good hits in before they took me down, at which point they immediately turned on each other. One of the guys goes to loots my body and gets an arrow in the eye for it.

They've clearly fixed the loot problem, though. I've been finding all sorts of stuff, from cold medicine to machetes.

If i could find you guys i would be safe by your warm embrace.
But getting there is just getting killed after getting killed.
It was easier when i had all my gear.... :(
But i will take my revenge ! hear me !

fozzy

Do you guys hang around anywhere in particular in Solace? Or automatically head to?

I killed a few deer and wolves today but I couldn't search them. I beat them till they disappeared and still nothing.

AcridMeat

Banned
Hopping on Solace now. AcridMeat in game if ya see me. I'm never a KOS person.

Should I be heading somewhere specific? Any chance you guys will switch to the gaf mumble servers? I don't really want to have teamspeak again.. D:

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
I once fell for the delete system32 :(

Hopping on Solace now. AcridMeat in game if ya see me. I'm never a KOS person.

Should I be heading somewhere specific? Any chance you guys will switch to the gaf mumble servers? I don't really want to have teamspeak again.. D:

I put up my own person teamspeak for this game since I am going hard on it.
you don't have to use it :)
you could also use in game chat

CryptiK

OK so I have a guy on Solace in Pleasant Valley with a m1911 w/ ammo a hunting rifle w/ ammo and a shotgun w/ ammo. No backpack no food nothing else... lol

BillyAndie, im sorry i killed you... did not know you where a Gaffer.
Im getting so frikin paranoid, im getting ganged up left and right that i shoot first and ask question later.

I'm thinking about putting GAF in the name of my character on Solace. Seems like the easiest way for us to be friendly to each other, especially since my mic might be busted.

masud

Banned
I've hit Pleasantville on solace. I've seen like 4 people so far but no kos people. I did have a stare down with one guy for like a minute.

Tobor

Do you guys hang around anywhere in particular in Solace? Or automatically head to?

I killed a few deer and wolves today but I couldn't search them. I beat them till they disappeared and still nothing.

You have to use a knife or axe to get meat from deer and wolves.

Top Bottom