• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

H1Z1 Early Access |OT| You've got red on you.

My graphics are screwed up. I think it's supposed to be nighttime, but everything is lit up, except when I get into the trees then it's super dark. Also the sky has stars in it.

JesseZao

I'm thinking about putting GAF in the name of my character on Solace. Seems like the easiest way for us to be friendly to each other, especially since my mic might be busted.

I did that with a second character. Are they going to allow us to use the chat box for communication or is it going to remain a /loc bot?

I'm actually fine with voice comm, but done people have terrible mics or don't talk. I'll have to hop on the ts server tonight.

Question for those playing: Are PvE servers fun? I hate the KOS aspect of DayZ and WarZ, but I really like the scavenging/rebuilding/collecting/exploring part of the games. Does the PvE in this game do well in that regard? Is it challenging enough to be fun?

Personally I hope they make PvE servers a bit harder (in terms of zombies, environment) so it forces people to work together, compared to PvP servers.

JesseZao

Question for those playing: Are PvE servers fun? I hate the KOS aspect of DayZ and WarZ, but I really like the scavenging/rebuilding/collecting/exploring part of the games. Does the PvE in this game do well in that regard? Is it challenging enough to be fun?

Personally I hope they make PvE servers a bit harder (in terms of zombies, environment) so it forces people to work together, compared to PvP servers.

I think that's the only way pve would be a fun alternative. People can still grief by stealing and wrecking your stuff.

besada

Banned

I just got off a PvE server and as far as I can tell, the zombies all got lost. I crossed a significant part of the map without seeing a single zombie. Which makes PvE basically a survival game.

masud

Banned
So far I've found a pistol and a hunting rifle but no ammo. I'm terrified of losing them. How can you stash your stuff?

v1lla21

Nothing was wiped, correct? I have a shotgun and .308 ammo. I'll be on around 4:30 pacific time for those that need the ammo.

Does anyone else's game look like this in daylight? This was on either high/ultra (can't remember) but it doesn't matter because it had the same effect regardless

Completely too bright/washed out.

OoONxPm.jpg

redlegs87

I had a really weird bug where I was killed and when I respawned it thought I was in a sitting position. I could move around but that was about it couldn't switch to weapons or anything couldn't punch.

AcridMeat

Banned
I just logged out of Solace, I'm in the square of pleasantville. Heard a ton of gunshots and then two guys outside of my building so I got scared and logged out. I've got a compass, helmet, 1911 without ammo, axe and crowbar. One office building had 3 guns in cabinets next to each other. I'm out of food and hungry though so I'm probably dead no matter what whenever I relog. What a run though! e: medkit, ground coffee, a pipe and a bunch of sugar too lol.

Also there were packets of sugar everywhere, I don't know what was up with that.

Oh and while I was in the 3rd floor of a building this guy was behind me in a room, I turn around and see him with his arms raised "iamfriendly1991" hahahaha. I thought it was going to be a trap because they bolted out of the building.
I put up my own person teamspeak for this game since I am going hard on it.
you don't have to use it :)
you could also use in game chat
Oh man that's awesome! I may reconsider, it's just I always install it for something and end up never using it because people prefer mumble/skype.

Saganator

All you people playing on Solace need to get on Teamspeak with us. We had a nice 4-6 man group going earlier today before the servers went down.

FrsDvl

If anyone wants to join us after the reset. We're camping out in the villas development. Got some guns and stuff. Gotta be on TS though. Not using ingame chat.

masud

Banned
Welp got murdered outside of the supermarket in Pleasantville. Two guys ask me if im friendly, I say yes, boom arrow to the face. Lost a backpack a pistol and hunting rifle a combat knife and a few bottles of water. Is there a way to stash the stuff you find?

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Welp got murdered outside of the supermarket in Pleasantville. Two guys ask me if im friendly, I say yes, boom arrow to the face. Lost a backpack a pistol and hunting rifle a combat knife and a few bottles of water. Is there a way to stash the stuff you find?
How long ago? Lirik does it a lot, lol.

Having a gun with no ammo is useful, people without a gun seem to haul ass when they see you with one.

However some guys ganged up on me in one of the towns, guy saw me and started yelling "he's got a gun!" and they all tried to kill me, then they started killing each other over it, lol.

JesseZao

About two hours ago, not too upset because the stuff wasn't too hard to find but if there's no way to secure the stuff I've found then the game seems kind of pointless at this time.

The only real solution is "mules."

Logged out characters are safe.

Klyka

Banned
About two hours ago, not too upset because the stuff wasn't too hard to find but if there's no way to secure the stuff I've found then the game seems kind of pointless at this time.

You can put items into storage containers behind locked doors in a shack you built.

You can also make a hand shovel you can use to hide items in the ground.

fozzy

Managed to stay alive for quite a awhile. Found 2 handguns with no ammo.

Met some guy in a building who seemed nice who offered me some food.

I offered him one of the guns in return but he refused because he already had some nice looking assault rifle of some kind.

A minute later he headshotted me with an arrow.

Pretty much done for now.

So yeah, putting "GAF" in your name in Solace isn't the best idea. Gang of 4-5 guys stopped me and asked "if I knew where their friend was" and I don't play aggressively so I was going to tell them but they killed me and said "Gaffers are kill on sight".

So yeah :p Still going to keep it in the name for the bait, kind of fun.

Jigorath

Banned
So yeah, putting "GAF" in your name in Solace isn't the best idea. Gang of 4-5 guys stopped me and asked "if I knew where their friend was" and I don't play aggressively so I was going to tell them but they killed me and said "Gaffers are kill on sight".

So yeah :p Still going to keep it in the name for the bait, kind of fun.

When I was in Solace earlier another player had warned me about a group of player hunters in the area. Not very nice people. I had nothing but a bow and arrow so I promptly got the hell out of dodge. Players like that are so fun.

Shady859

Glad to hear things are working better now. I'll be hopping on here after dinner. Sounds like Solace is a fun place and i'm about to spawn right by the police station with GAF on my name.

Finally armed with an actual legit non double clicking mouse so bring it i'm going in. The group of hunters reminds me of the MASSIVE Whiteboydouchebag stream the other night I watched on Twitch. He had tons of people killing anyone who wasn't a moomoo. lol

SDCowboy

I was just killed by a guy I was "grouped" with who told me my mic volume was too high. I feel like a complete idiot because I saw it coming but let my guard down anyway. haha

kcxiv

John Smedley ‏@j_smedley 4m4 minutes ago
just got nameplates not showing when prone in. along with a few other things.Your nameplate will not display while prone.

AcridMeat

Banned
Oh dear god I got out again. I just played a little bit more, found a backpack, a ton of food, water, and some bullets for my gun as well as a bow for my arrows (don't have a stick to craft one atm). Heard someone in my building and logged out again because I am not losing all of it. Not yet man.

antonz

Banwave just went out. 150 people.

@j_smedley · 19m19 minutes ago
150 People about to get banned for hacking :)

John Smedley ‏@j_smedley · 18m18 minutes ago
now the targets are all painted. Drones inbound. heads will roll. hopefully with a good bounce or two for great effect

Oh dear god I got out again. I just played a little bit more, found a backpack, a ton of food, water, and some bullets for my gun as well as a bow for my arrows (don't have a stick to craft one atm). Heard someone in my building and logged out again because I am not losing all of it. Not yet man.
Lol did the same this morning. Damn paranoia.

demolitio

Going to hop on later and hopefully find some 1911 ammo and .308 ammo near the dam. Then I will be ambushing bandit assholes for the sake of all survivors. I'll probably lose, but still...So tired of them.

SDCowboy

I'm just gonna say it, there needs to be daytime only servers. The day is WAY more fun and how nice the game looks doesn't get wasted.

Top Bottom