• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

H1Z1 Early Access |OT| You've got red on you.

CryptiK

So a group of mine found a base it had over 20 weapons and over 1000 ammo. We took what we needed and landmined the place and left RIP Hackers.

JambiBum

Holy shit the moment that just happened in Bikeman's stream. I'm not going to spoil it because people need to see it without being spoiled. As soon as a VOD is up on his channel I'll post it.

kcxiv

So a group of mine found a base it had over 20 weapons and over 1000 ammo. We took what we needed and landmined the place and left RIP Hackers.

should have taken the guns and dropped them in the grass somewhere. spread them around on the floor. lol

Neil_J_UK

Sorry if this is mentioned anywhere, it's not listed on the OP - are there any EU PvP servers that most of EU GAF is playing on? Would love to play with others.

masud

Banned
If stickyarrow is a gaffer then I'm sorry for beating you with that stick I saw the bow and just reacted. I wasn't always like this, before h1z1 hit I was a good man...

Wasteman

Banned
Me and my friend are really on the fence with this. We felt burned by Dayz Standalone but we adore the concpet.

I know the content will come, SOE are good people but what's the underlying base game like? Dayz hank was forgivable as a free mod but not as a paid game. How janky is this in comparison ?

AcridMeat

Banned
If stickyarrow is a gaffer then I'm sorry for beating you with that stick I saw the bow and just reacted. I wasn't always like this, before h1z1 hit I was a good man...
Boo this, man. I never attack people unprovoked, especially when I don't have much.
Me and my friend are really on the fence with this. We felt burned by Dayz Standalone but we adore the concpet.

I know the content will come, SOE are good people but what's the underlying base game like? Dayz hank was forgivable as a free mod but not as a paid game. How janky is this in comparison ?
Get it. I was exactly like you and your friend. I loved the concept of the mod, hated where the standalone went and never bought it. This base game is much more fun, the core gameplay is there, the crafting gives you much more to work towards than just run around and find food/weapons/med kits. It's been well worth it for me imo.

If they remove blackberry bushes and the smaller trees for sticks I'll be really upset though, that's a huge part of the early game enjoyment.

Too tired to jump on tonight (probably too late too) so i'll just check in tomorrow morning. Should be logging in under the dam.

What server?

Heh just take note of his name so he can run with the group next time.

Btw people who havent added me: Teknoman on Steam.

I believe its PlaguePort the PvP server

Not sure if my game is bugged but are EU servers like this for anyone else?

I can still join them but no names.

6aUNr0c.jpg

Flunkie

Banned
Boo this, man. I never attack people unprovoked, especially when I don't have much.
Get it. I was exactly like you and your friend. I loved the concept of the mod, hated where the standalone went and never bought it. This base game is much more fun, the core gameplay is there, the crafting gives you much more to work towards than just run around and find food/weapons/med kits. It's been well worth it for me imo.

If they remove blackberry bushes and the smaller trees for sticks I'll be really upset though, that's a huge part of the early game enjoyment.
Why would they ever remove them?

AcridMeat

Banned
Why would they ever remove them?
It's more a fear based on how Day Z progressed and developed, it was about taking away early options and making things more difficult to do. I don't think they ever will remove them, my main point was those plants are a huge reason why I'm putting so much time in this, and I don't care as much about dying.

owlbeak

Guys! Need pro tips on stuff to drink. :(

Found plenty of food, have a decent amount of gear, but no backpacks. I have an empty bottle and found a well and filled my bottle with dirty water. There's a BBQ nearby and I put a bunch of wood sticks in it. How can I light it? I am dying of dehydration. :( ~73% health and dropping.

I've eaten all my blackberries for now. Just wondering if there are any other tips for getting water.

Wallach

Found plenty of food, have a decent amount of gear, but no backpacks. I have an empty bottle and found a well and filled my bottle with dirty water. There's a BBQ nearby and I put a bunch of wood sticks in it. How can I light it? I am dying of dehydration. :( ~73% health and dropping.

I've eaten all my blackberries for now. Just wondering if there are any other tips for getting water.

You can craft a Bow Drill to ignite things by combining a Scrap of Cloth, Wooden Stick and Wooden Plank.

Jams775

1 cloth 1 plank 1 stick makes bow drill that can start fires. Blackberries plus pure water makes blackberry juice.

They were till I updated my game. Although I haven't looked today.

My game is fully updated. :(

Also who are the people that built that huge ass base by the water tower by Ranchito Taquito? They glitched it into power lines/transformer unit that is totally enclosed by a fence, but I figured out how to get in, you jump on a animal trap that is near the fence and spam shift + jump to get over the fence.

It's pretty big.

AcridMeat

Banned
put it in a campfire to make purified water. Or drink it.
Just to be clear, you can only purify it in a barbecue or campfire correct? Not the flaming barrels?
Purify it once, discover blackberry juice recipe, use dirty water for recipe. Get lots of juice.
Awesome, I just got the blackberry juice recipe on another server last night, so that's how you're able to use dirty water for it, that's perfect.

OneLetter

Had a great run last night, got two of the treasure boxes from notes that zombies dropped. Was able to get shotgun + ammo, 1911 + ammo, and a ton of food.

Walk out of the cave about 10 min before I planned to log out, guy with a sniper rifle gets me. Oh well... /respawn.

For those that had the same problem as me with the EU server names not showing, update the game via Steam. I was doing it only through the launcher prior. That seemed to fix it after download the patch from it + verifying integrity afterwards.

Soi-Fong

The group of us yesterday in the base. FRS always seems to bug for some reason, but there was a lot of glitches yesterday happening too.

Also, there's suppose to be a fire there, but it was bugged also.

qrmb.jpg

Soi-Fong

someone broke into my shack and took all my loot :(

i had a few guns and a military backpack in there.

You should really keep important stuff on your avatar. I wouldn't leave a backpack or anything inside of a shack or anything.

Even in our base, we don't leave anything too important.

Wallach

For people wanting to hide their stuff, use the hand shovel and hide it in the ground.

I recommend this too, especially if you are clever about where you dig and are good at remembering where you dug the hole. They are much harder to spot than a storage container, especially if you try and hide said storage container in a shack or something (which players will easily spot and probably try to break into). The only downside is that it can be a little tricky still to get a Metal Shard in the early game to make the Hand Shovel, but you probably won't have enough stuff to want to stash anything away that early anyway.

AcridMeat

Banned
Meh, guy in pleasant valley/solace died. Lost lighter, medkits, tons of food and water, axe, crowbar, compass, gun, medicine, vitamins, oh well. So much for being friendly with everyone.

masud

Banned
For people wanting to hide their stuff, use the hand shovel and hide it in the ground.

How do the mechanics of that work? Is there a mound the ground visible to you and or other players? If not how can you find your stuff later? Are the holes/stashes permanent or do they despawn?

Flunkie

Banned
Meh, guy in pleasant valley/solace died. Lost lighter, medkits, tons of food and water, axe, crowbar, compass, gun, medicine, vitamins, oh well. So much for being friendly with everyone.

there comes a turning point in a life when you get so much loot where you have to realize when it's time to stop being friendly and be aggressive with people

I stopped being friendly with people early on, you can't even trust new spawns.

Not saying I always KoS, but I'm definitely not afraid to kill if I feel even a little uneasy about a player.

Wallach

How do the mechanics of that work? Is there a mound the ground visible to you and or other players? If not how can you find your stuff later? Are the holes/stashes permanent or do they despawn?

There is a lootable mound visible to everyone. You need to be responsible for figuring out a way to remember where you dig is all, and put it somewhere players are likely to either never look or not think to look for something like that if they do pass in that area. I am not sure if they ever despawn or not but it hasn't happened to me.

Top Bottom