• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

H1Z1 Early Access |OT| You've got red on you.

Compsiox

Banned
There is a lootable mound visible to everyone. You need to be responsible for figuring out a way to remember where you dig is all, and put it somewhere players are likely to either never look or not think to look for something like that if they do pass in that area. I am not sure if they ever despawn or not but it hasn't happened to me.

Fucking screenshots dude. Like damn.

Tobor

there comes a turning point in a life when you get so much loot where you have to realize when it's time to stop being friendly and be aggressive with people

Next time I get a gun and some ammo, it's on like Donkey Kong. I will avenge and punish.

Wallach

Fucking screenshots dude. Like damn.

Whatever works for you. Just know how to get back to where that place is from wherever you happen to spawn from on the next death. Using /loc for now makes it very easy, but again I have to imagine /loc will get removed at some point here so I wouldn't rely on it.

antonz

Well the good news is they realize their current loot spawn system doesn't work and will be changing it. Map is just too small with too few major areas for the current system. There is no way to have an area remain player free long enough.

Until they devise their new system they will be making loot spawn in half the time it currently takes but we must wait til patch for it

masud

Banned
There is a lootable mound visible to everyone. You need to be responsible for figuring out a way to remember where you dig is all, and put it somewhere players are likely to either never look or not think to look for something like that if they do pass in that area. I am not sure if they ever despawn or not but it hasn't happened to me.

Hmm seems like there would still be a pretty high chance of your stuff getting taken unless you go out deep into the woods which wouldn't be convenient. The game really needs unbreakable, locked stashes or at least locked bases/containers that can only be destroyed by explosives.

Tobor

Hmm seems like there would still be a pretty high chance of your stuff getting taken unless you go out deep into the woods which wouldn't be convenient. The game really needs unbreakable, locked stashes or at least locked bases/containers that can only be destroyed by explosives.

Catch 22.

If you make anything indestructible, griefers will barricade doors with it. Look what happened with the animal traps.

AcridMeat

Banned
there comes a turning point in a life when you get so much loot where you have to realize when it's time to stop being friendly and be aggressive with people
True, but it wasn't a KOS situation. We already made our hellos and went separate ways.

Ohhh ChrisSterling3 just made an enemy on Solace. He bought the trust of LieutenantLabia, we rolled together, looted together, then he shot me in the back of the head with an arrow...fresh spawn both of us. I guess he couldn't handle the Big Gay Al character personality I was putting on.

v1lla21

Yeah. Only people I try not to kill are fellow gaf members. Yesterday I shot a player thinking it was a zombie. lol xD. And fuck that guy who was being racist.

demolitio

I guess I'm the last hope for humanity to live on in this world. I follow a strict ROE.

But seriously, I want people to pay a toll.

Compsiox

Banned
INVISIBLE SPEED HACKER ON SOLACE

His name is something like: Benssuu

I couldn't take screenshot while running. I logged right away after he left. I was down to 15% health it would have sucked so bad dying with all my stuff.

demolitio

what's your ROE?

Don't fire unless I see an act of aggression or acknowledging what I say for new players or lightly armed players.

For the fully armed players, I keep my distance and use proxy chat with my sniper rifle fixed on them and give them a choice as well.

I think if I get some really cool shit, I'll have a hard time following it but I like to try until proven wrong by some asshole ingame. Otherwise, if I'm starving and about to die, I might have to kill someone in hopes of food, but only if I can tell they aren't new spawns.

Naive, but I'm tired of these games becoming nonstop DM since some of my best times in H1Z1 and DayZ have been those random friendly encounters. As long as it's not a group of bandits and just some poor sap with not a lot of gear, why bother if I can out-gun him?

Wallach

Naive, but I'm tired of these games becoming nonstop DM since some of my best times in H1Z1 and DayZ have been those random friendly encounters. As long as it's not a group of bandits and just some poor sap with not a lot of gear, why bother if I can out-gun him?

This has a lot to do with the current dynamics in place, and will change as they iterate more. There are far too many players per map unit right now, and too little dangers outside of other players. The loot issue is also tied to the players per map unit as well and kind of screws the intuitive opportunity cost of player interactions.

Jams775

I stopped being friendly with people early on, you can't even trust new spawns.

Not saying I always KoS, but I'm definitely not afraid to kill if I feel even a little uneasy about a player.

Like for instance when a guy is following you with his hands up and wont respond when you tell him to leave you alone.

Edit: Probably had one of the best times playing a game in recent memory.

fPGylxcl.jpg
2Gk1P99l.jpg

Flunkie

Banned
No! Don't drop to their level. Be the change that you seek. Have faith in humanity.

Oh I'm probably too friendly to a fault, but once I get guns and/or a big stash of rare items, I'm a lot more careful with where I go and how I approach people, if at all.

I'm having h1z1 withdrawals. Hope to get on soon.

Same. I was watching someone stream earlier who ran into a horde and was headshotting them all... there's something about taking out zombies with the bow and arrow that is just so satisfying and addictive, I can't help but keep thinking about it.

Dahlifyr

Banned
Did a quest from one of the letters that zombies drops, got an compas a shotgun and some ammo from the lootbox. So know i have digged out a lootstash in the ground deep in the woods, but pretty near som buildings where i can continue to search for more loot.

Will only take with me guns and ammo for special events:D When i do my lootrounds i only take some food and my bow and arrows, an arrow to the head is enough after all:p

kcxiv

im logging in right now. Solice, kcxiv2 and my steam name is kcxiv

also, why does it say population medium, then it says i am 20th in the queue. lol

kcxiv

they really n eed to ban these hackers. cant even see who they are at all anymore. you just take fists until you die

Compsiox

Banned
i was going in circles so i could see the name, but he was completely invisible this time.

When "he" attacked me he spoke a couple times so it might not be the same person or maybe he realized he was stupid for speaking.

How long ago did this happen by the way?

Compsiox

Banned
Phanton and I got ambushed. Lost everything :( tonight is scavenger night. Loot the shit out of everything! Who's in?

My name is Compsiox in game. I am friendly to GAFers so please don't kill me. I am a lone wolf though.

If I make a new character on Solace will it retain recipes or no?

kcxiv

When "he" attacked me he spoke a couple times so it might not be the same person or maybe he realized he was stupid for speaking.

How long ago did this happen by the way?

like 2 min before i posted it in this thread! its kinda frustrating. I dont mind dying to a legit player character, thats the game,b ut to some invis jackass. it sucks!

Anyways, ill be on in a bit to play if anyone wants to wreck shop.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
So I just logged in and I'm looking at the controls tab trying to figure out how to change my camera view when all of a sudden I heard footsteps nearby. I quickly exited the menu only to get an arrow in the back of my head before I could do anything. XD

Top Bottom