• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Hail Trump!': White Nationalists Salute the President Elect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nazi rhetoric and behavior.

I'm so glad the Holocaust museum exists in DC.
No handwaving.

Not today, not ever.

That "multitude of millions" co-signed this shit. Trump flip-flopped on damn near every plank he held during the Republic run-up and presidential campaign, but he stayed on point with his bold-faced racism. The entire time.

They can take some goddamn responsibility, then we can start talking.

Nope. There will be no admission. What bothers me more is the moderates. I use to watch PhillyD on youtube and now all I'm hearing is "you can't label people wit ha broad brush just because they aren't on your side." No I'm labeling people that voted for the nominee that is a racist and was endorsed by the KKK. You voted for that man. Own that shit. You are okay with racism and bigotry. You voted it in.

EMT0

Banned
Thinking about this event when I read about it earlier, I pondered the ethical question of- were you to be waiting on these 'people' and given the opportunity to dress their food and drinks....

What would you do?

Seeing as I'm a waiter in DC for large events such as these? Keep out of sight, give em their food, hope they choke on it, and keep up my daily grind because I've got bills to pay.

Seeing as I'm a waiter in DC for large events such as these? Keep out of sight, give em their food, hope they choke on it, and keep up my daily grind because I've got bills to pay.
I agree- I know people who do the same for fine dining and I ultimately think that poisoning a mass of so many young and stupid people might be a bit too judgemental.

But the temptation to filter in some kind of bowel irritant! Ah well.

BriGuy

Shouldn't the #MAGA crowd absolutely hate Nazis? Like their goddamn fathers and grandfathers literally laid down their lives fighting these shitheads in the European Theatre. How on earth is there not more pushback against this?

sphagnum

Banned
Shouldn't the #MAGA crowd absolutely hate Nazis? Like their goddamn fathers and grandfathers literally laid down their lives fighting these shitheads in the European Theatre. How on earth is there not more pushback against this?

Rommel was just so honorable desu.

I don't believe for a moment that its fair to cast Trump's entire voting base with this lot, their words and their actions.

They have no responsibility for what they voted for? This lot as you put it, are emboldened by the rhetoric Trump has used on the campaign trail. By a vote, one offers a tacit approval of that rhetoric, even if one may disagree with it.

It is racism by omission or negligence. And it will likely have some sort of legislative action tied to it, making it much worse than a simple racist statement or slur.

One cannot preach empathy and then dismiss and diminish others' reasonable anger at those who would prioritize single issues - sometimes in large error, given a candidate - over their civil rights and well-being.

Welp. That convinced me. Alt-right = Neo Nazis. I will refer to them as such.

Unless Trump and the Alt-Right back away from this dangerous rhetoric, I will call it as it is.

Those "trolls" need a good old fashioned ass kicking.

I don't believe for a moment that its fair to cast Trump's entire voting base with this lot, their words and their actions.

You can't group people that voted for someone that has continuously used racist and bigoted rhetoric as people that are okay with racism and bigotry?

That makes zero sense. Take some accountability for your vote.

They have no responsibility for what they voted for? This lot as you put it, are emboldened by the rhetoric Trump has used on the campaign trail. By a vote, one offers a tacit approval of that rhetoric, even if one may disagree with it.

It is racism by omission or negligence. And it will likely have some sort of legislative action tied to it, making it much worse than a simple racist statement or slur.

One cannot preach empathy and then dismiss and diminish others' reasonable anger at those who would prioritize single issues - sometimes in large error, given a candidate - over their civil rights and well-being.

Well said.

I dont eat at chik fila (not gay) and i recently completely cut beef (love it dearly) but i do these things for the good of my fellow man. I put my likes and comforts last to benefit my fellow man. So anti-LGBT orgs has less money with which to lobby Congress and so your children (dont want kids) can have a planet.

But 56% of white men and 47% of white women couldnt see it fit to look at the big picture of what a Trump presidency really meant for the 60% of America who isnt white. So you lose your unwanted Obamacare freedoms at the expense of my civil freedoms. Thanks, guys.

You can't honestly believe what you posted.

These fuckers up there in the OP are not the ones that can be reached. The multitude of millions out there who voted for Trump but would never even imagine to participate in this kind of event are.

Sorry, but this seems to be a running refrain in so many political threads lately, and its annoying to see people miss the (debatable) point by so many miles.

These people need to be fought and shunned. They should find some far away uninhabited island somewhere they can call their own so this country can continue to evolve.

these people are also trying to reach otherwise moderate voters that voted for Trump this election. all it takes is the right words and people will follow you.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
It's amazing, or rather scary, that these people now feel completely comfortable doing this in public.

Yup someone said it. Dark times are ahead...

Why doesn't he tweet about this and tell us how horrible it is and that they should apologize? Hmm...I wonder...

He's too focused on the cast of Hamilton, SNL and reporters, the media that are full of lies, lairs.

All that is obviously more important than this. But lets not kid ourselves, this is who he is, he feels right at home listening to this shit.

You know what I equate it to? Seeing someone getting harassed, bullied, beat up, etc. and standing by, watching and doing nothing about it. Not even calling the cops.

Seeing someone hurt, in need, etc and offering no assistance what so ever.

The ppl that voted for Trump, thats what they did. Stood by and did nothing. Voting for Trump was just as bad if not worse than not voting for Hillary or not voting at all if this Nazi shit is the outcome of voting for Trump.

Well said.

I dont eat at chik fila (not gay) and i recently completely cut beef (love it dearly) but i do these things for the good of my fellow man. I put my likes and comforts last to benefit my fellow man. So anti-LGBT orgs has less money with which to lobby Congress and so your children (dont want kids) can have a planet.

But 56% of white men and 47% of white women couldnt see it fit to look at the big picture of what a Trump presidency really meant for the 60% of America who isnt white. So you lose your unwanted Obamacare freedoms at the expense of my civil freedoms. Thanks, guys.

I like your post because I do the opposite with chik fila.

I eat there probably twice a year and I own up to it every time. "This hateful chicken is good" is a phrase I say every time when I get it. I know what my money is going towards and I take accountability over my action. This company I am financially supporting is against LGBTQ. My justification for eating there is that they do not have a huge influence of politics but even then I do not need a justification. I just need to accept and own up to my actions and understand what they co-sign.

Now to be perfectly honest I think after this election I'm going to be more conscious of where I spend my dollars at. I'm even donating extra tax refund to Planned Parenthood

Texan here. Can't wait to get my gun. I'm going to get more than 1. Fuckers not getting me.

You know what's sad is I hope more minorities go out and start buying guns legally of course for their protection and that starts to scare republicans into finally strengthening gun laws. I'll be doing my fair share soon and pick up a handgun I've had my eye on for the last 3 years but never really had a need for. Have an AK-47 and a shotgun but fuck it why not?

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
giphy.gif

Chumley

Banned
I think I'm at the point of accepting standing up to bigotry and hate with violence is acceptable.

4 years of this. 4 fucking years, and look at what's already happened.

Non-violence is doing jack shit. We need people like Malcolm X and Mandela during his younger years.

You can't group people that voted for someone that has continuously used racist and bigoted rhetoric as people that are okay with racism and bigotry?

That makes zero sense. Take some accountability for your vote.
Some accountability yes, not all accountability. I wish we had an informed electorate that kept up to date and thoughtfully weighed decisions in the voting booth but we all know that's not how it works.

And supporting Trump doesn't mean supporting everybody that supports him. We've seen it reported so many times and probably know people that that people cherry pick what they want to believe Trump will actually do, whats about creating headlines and drama and manipulating the media, and whats just absurd deal-making as an opening pitch before the reality of governance kicks in.

Referring to all Trump supporters as Nazi sympathizers is not only wrong, but unhelpful, even though it may feel so right.

But we've had enough threads about this exact topic that I don't want to veer off into some me-vs-GAF aside. I'm a determined liberal but I'm absolutely a moderate when it comes to human nature. I've known some pretty ignorant and fucked up people who managed to turn their lives around and are now part of the good guys.

On the people in the OP we're all in full agreement, and they've got no fucking business being in this country, much less smiling and feeling smug while discussing how to best bring about white supremacy.

You know what I equate it to? Seeing someone getting harassed, bullied, beat up, etc. and standing by, watching and doing nothing about it. Not even calling the cops.
They're not seeing it though. Not in their bubble. The liberal media might be reporting it, but of course they would, right?

Rachel maddow was just covering this
Too early for a link? I'd like to watch that.

Chumley

Banned
Fucking unbelievable. Who in gods name thought those tweets were a good idea? Whoever made them should be fired.

~Kinggi~

Banned
This is the absolute worst time for John Oliver and Bill maher to be on a fucking break. For real we need help out here.

Joe

LA Times photo is from an LA Times photographer. It's not a general press photo. They literally had a photo shoot for that article.

Nelo Ice

Banned
4 years of this. 4 fucking years, and look at what's already happened.

Non-violence is doing jack shit. We need people like Malcolm X and Mandela during his younger years.
Yeah were gonna need the black panthers again too. Like holy shit everything they fought for is about to go down in flames. And its absurd that we need people like them again. I'm a minority and I don't feel welcome in the country I was born in .

Spinifex

Just wait till they start executing minorities, what an epic troll that will be! Oh man, us smug liberals will be SO mad!

~Kinggi~

Banned
Just wait till they start executing minorities, what an epic troll that will be! Oh man, us smug liberals will be SO mad!

I'd like to think that the actual deaths of minorities or Jews will be the very sudden hard-line tipping point that wakes everyone up from the crazy but who knows. I mean i still believe these crazy fucks are an extreme minority right now. I at least have to believe that.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
This groups go unbothered but people can't stand black lives matter

Yup.

But we all knew what that was about before Trump and his rise to power. It was bubbling under the surface then.

Its just so blatant, overt now.

Cant wait for the square off with these groups vs the BLM ones.

Literal blood in the streets.

Chumley

Banned
If and when they start killing minorities and miniature race wars start breaking out, what are these news outlets going to say to themselves? Seriously. I guess they have no ethics or conscience at all. Will it just be the "Well, 60 million people voted for Trump" craven John Dickerson defense? That no matter what happens, it's not our fault.

sphagnum

Banned
If and when they start killing minorities and miniature race wars start breaking out, what are these news outlets going to say to themselves? Seriously. I guess they have no ethics or conscience at all. Will it just be the "Well, 60 million people voted for Trump" craven John Dickerson defense? That no matter what happens, it's not our fault.

"This guy they killed, he was no angel."

Opto

Banned
If and when they start killing minorities and miniature race wars start breaking out, what are these news outlets going to say to themselves? Seriously. I guess they have no ethics or conscience at all. Will it just be the "Well, 60 million people voted for Drumpf" craven John Dickerson defense? That no matter what happens, it's not our fault.

I imagine there will be a video loop of lynched bodies and burned down mintory owned business under the headline "Racial Tensions Increase." Then they interview someone from the NAACP and a literal neo-nazi, and Wolf Blitzer thanks them both.

Yup.

But we all knew what that was about before Trump and his rise to power. It was bubbling under the surface then.

Its just so blatant, overt now.

Cant wait for the square off with these groups vs the BLM ones.

Literal blood in the streets.
I expect blm to be called a hate group and be banned from existing

PopeReal

When unarmed black Americans are killed by police, many of our fine citizens go out of there way to list the reasons why they deserved to die. They put these pictures/memes/whatever on their social media for everyone to see. Right next to their daughters 2nd grade photo.

And people expect minorities dying to be some sort of tipping point? I mean I would hope the tipping point has already started. This shit is just fucking crazy. But I hear nothing. This seems like business as usual.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Those kind of folks will infiltrate and take over the police forces. People are too bored nowadays, gotta win some make-believe battles, gotta have something to do and win at.

edit: Everything going according to Dugin. Translation: Dugin means Plan.

What's really amazed me is how fast things are moving.

From league of doom cabinet members to fucking neo nazis.

It's been what....1-1.5 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom