• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 2 - Times Square - Toys R Us - Tonight - Midnight - Who's going!?

miyuru

TheGreenGiant said:
its funny. I guess now it really registers that that a lot of people still don't have HALO2 yet. Woot! Tonight too :D

I'd say pretty much everyone that pirated it will still buy it.

miyuru said:
I'd say pretty much everyone that pirated it will still buy it.
except for a few stragglers who bitch about "oh it should have had online co-op" or "oh it should have had more old/new maps" or "oh xbox live sucks cuz its not free" everyone will buy it

bishoptl said:
HOW MUCH DID AEG PAY YOU
in tne interest of full disclosure, i will admit that Microsoft did indeed give me a free Xbox in 2001 for staying 48 hours at that Xbox Unleashed event in NYC... they even shipped that sucker overnight the monday, so i got it tuesday morning... 2 days before launch!

Vashu

What is it with all these Halo 2 topics all of a sudden? I know it's a good game and all that, but I can't stand the 'OMG! It's the second coming of Jesus!' mentality alot the guys (and or girls) have at the moment. No offense to any of you, but it's just a game! There is one standard Halo 2 topic, can we just keep it to that please? Or is everyone being paid by AEG? :D

Oh btw, I'll probably have the game by thursday, when the release is over here in Europe. Just as not to sound like a complete anti-Halo 2 guy. :p

Redbeard

Banned
time-square-halo.jpg

Redbeard

Banned
Is that kid on the left wearing a green CAPE?

I wouldn't be surprised to see some people dressed up in poorly made MC costumes.

Vashu

Redbeard said:
Is that kid on the left wearing a green CAPE?

As a matter of fact, he is! :D

But hey, I shouldn't be the one to judge.. I mean, I look like some secondhand Leon S. Kennedy reject... *cough*

Sein

Neo Member
Someone explain to me what the fuck a cape has to do with Halo 2. Is this the major spoiler over which everyone is in a tizzy? Master Chief is the Green Lantern?

Sysgen

time-square-halo.jpg

That kid on the left was on ABC World News Tonight with Peter Jennings. The reporter asked him what he was there for. They did a story on the millions Halo2 will bring in. GTA:SA also got a mention.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
AlphaSnake said:
And this is why I'm often ashamed to be a gamer.

:( I know how you feel.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
I can kinda understand the green tunics and tricking out the stores for the Zelda launch parties... but those two guys... they just don't make sense. :/'

Edit - I'd like to add that I really love that Toys R Us, however. I go there sometimes just to walk all the way through it. Though, I do spend more time in the R Zone than anywhere else there.

All Hail C-Webb

Hailing from the Chill-Web
:lol I just drove by Times Square and the line went around the block. There was a dude in a Master Cheif costume (actually looked good so it might have been a staff member), and they were throwing out free shirts.

Sactown said:
:lol I just drove by Times Square and the line went around the block. There was a dude in a Master Cheif costume (actually looked good so it might have been a staff member), and they were throwing out free shirts.
:lol :lol :lol

good thing i got mine uptown at 7PM!

DrLazy

Yeah those kids were on CNN Headline news today. They had as 30 second story on the Halo 2 launch from the "technology" correspondent.

All Hail C-Webb

Hailing from the Chill-Web
I was with my father at the time and he said, "these people must have a combined IQ of 1000," then he saw the retard in the cape.

Times Square Toys R Us looks like it was insane...

r153342305.jpg

John Farrell of Queens (C), who has queued for more than ten hours to be at the front of hundreds of other gamers for the midnight release of Halo 2 for X-Box in Times Square, waits for his copy of the game in New York November 8, 2004.

r2559777572.jpg

Hundreds of gamers queue for the midnight release of Halo 2 for X-Box at Toys-R-Us in Times Square, New York November 8, 2004.

If halo didn't have that much hype, I bet there wouldn't even be an Xbox anymore.

personally I fail to see what's so innovative and intriguing in Master Chief.

Don't mean the game sucks, I just say it's overhyped and overated.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
Sactown said:
I was with my father at the time and he said, "these people must have a combined IQ of 1000," then he saw the retard in the cape.
:lol

That cape...my god. There are no words.

Top Bottom