• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
What Stalker just said. It doesn't look like there will be a natural progression into the next two games, it also doesn't seem like anything in the story has been set up for the long term.
Oh okay, I understand what you mean. I alluded to this in my write up, but it seems like they teetered the balance between closure and set up a bit closer to closure I agree, but the epilogue and the notion that
the Didact is still alive because he slipped into a subspace portal instead of to his demise
make me believe there is space for continuity. There's also a ton of things that still need to be "done," such as
returning to Earth and Halsey, going to other Halos the UNSC is stationed on (as you are the Reclaimer after all), getting a new AI, etc.

I think 343s plan is to use Spartan Ops, which occurs after the game is over I believe, to bridge Halo 4 and Halo 5.

RS4-

I'm on my way to getting perfectionist and the game just stops. Half the people can't do anything, other half dropped.

Slowly playing through the campaign on Legendary solo. Might as well legitimately see that extra couple ending seconds myself. I like that they offered the ending
MC reveal
but only just enough
to give a glimpse of MC's strong, determined eyes/brow and appropriately stressed skin
. Should probably leave it at that for now.

Legendary has had a few surprises, gotta take it slow. Sneaky jackals more than anything oddly enough, fortunately I've been quick on the draw with the melee. However, not looking forward to that part
I think in Infinity, where we have a few turrets and a couple soldiers having to hold things down while Cortana takes her not-so-sweet time to get that door open
. That one gave me more grief on Heroic than anything else in the game, so...yikes.

Legendary has had a few surprises, gotta take it slow. Sneaky jackals more than anything oddly enough, fortunately I've been quick on the draw with the melee. However, not looking forward to that part
I think in Infinity, where we have a few turrets and a couple soldiers having to hold things down while Cortana takes her not-so-sweet time to get that door open
. That one gave me more grief on Heroic than anything else in the game, so...yikes.
Grab the Hologram or Autosentry AA...you're going to need them.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
I did legendary online co-op last night and it only took about 6 hours total with 4 people.

Is there a skull that turns off instant respawns? My friends and I chose Legendary for a challenge, we never asked for invincibility.

The co-op experience is turning out to be total shit in the game. Both Spartan Ops and Campaign is awful with 3 friends. It's barely a game, it's background noise while we discuss and joke about anything other than the game we are playing.

We were hoping to co-operate and claw our way through each checkpoint using teamwork and communication. What skulls need we activate to do just that?

Yep. Theater mode is easily the coolest shit ever. The game is stunning. It really can't be said enough. And that's multiplayer, for christ's sake.

Can you upload your photos elsewhere/transfer them via USB?

Is there a skull that turns off instant respawns? My friends and I chose Legendary for a challenge, we never asked for invincibility.

The co-op experience is turning out to be total shit in the game. Both Spartan Ops and Campaign is awful with 3 friends. It's barely a game, it's background noise while we discuss and joke about anything other than the game we are playing.

We were hoping to co-operate and claw our way through each checkpoint using teamwork and communication. What skulls need we activate to do just that?

Just turning all of them on might help :p

HuntTheMusic

Neo Member
So I just started this and played the first couple of missions. It obviously looks fantastic and feels incredibly solid and well realised but its just not really doing anything for me. Maybe its because I just came off gorging myself on Borderlands 2 all weekend after starting it yesterday (I havent played many games for four or five months due to exams).

I'm really sad. I loved all the previous Halo games but something just feels amiss. I'm probably completely against the grain and need to give it more time but so far not so good.

Why can't I change the colors of my Sam Fisher eyes on the CIO helmet? That's pretty dumb. Makes the visor unlocks completely worthless to me.

Also loadout:

Carbine
Plasma Pistol
Plasma Grenade
Hardlight Shield
Grenadier
Dexterity

Love the Covenant weapons!

What Stalker just said. It doesn't look like there will be a natural progression into the next two games, it also doesn't seem like anything in the story has been set up for the long term.

Well, didn't Frankie once say that the advantage of developing a Halo now instead of 11 years ago is that they know that there will be sequels and can thus plan most of the things story-related way ahead of time.

... but I agree, it didn't really feel that way.

I guess Spartan Ops will change that and, sure, there are quite a few loose ends.

jediyoshi

JL70p.png

Finally got that blasted Locus helmet. Probably going to just alternate between this and the Raider helmet until I get to specializations

Nibel

You know what I loved about the campaign?

The farther you get, the better the visuals - really, I love the first levels but damn: the later ones just look incredible.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Is the win 20 war games matchmaking achievement glitched? My service record shows I've won 20 games but never got the achievement.

Why did Waypoint take away your previous game service record stuff? Stuff you did in all the past current gen Halo titles. I enjoyed looking back and being like "yeah I did all that".

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
i want that locus helmet :(

but in the meantime, pretty happy with EVA. really loving multiplayer now. its different, its fast, its chaotic, but its oh so fucking fun and satisfying. weirdly, i'm killing it with sniper rifles - wasnt everyone saying they were more difficult to use then reach at all the pre-release events? maybe they tweaked them...

i think im gonna end up buying some game fuel so i can level faster. i want that autosentry even though i love using the hologram. works great for recon and so many people fall for it lol.

Top Bottom