• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

lionelhutz

I'm sorry if it's been asked before, is there any new map for infinity slayer from the new maps ? all the maps seem big.

I'd like to know this too. It's disappointing to only see a handful of maps in the Infinity Slayer rotation, but I don't want to buy a map pack that won't boost the map count for IS.

I'd like to know this too. It's disappointing to only see a handful of maps in the Infinity Slayer rotation, but I don't want to buy a map pack that won't boost the map count for IS.

They are saying one is a large map and the other two are mid-size. So I'd assume the two mid-size maps will be in IS.

There is also going to be a playlist dedicated to just DLC maps.

zlatko

Banned
People like to win and don't like losing much. If you want your team to win, your best bet is to work as a team. Move as a team, fire in fire-teams, acquire and consolidate the power weapons and vehicles. Take the best ground and make the other team have to come to you.

Why does everything have to be XP driven? This isn't work. Its not a second job. People who don't find the core gameplay fun or that require a grind to stay focused just aren't people that I'd want to play with anyway.

Unless it's team regicide. If you guys cluster together with your king, then if the opposing team just rushes you at once and all focuses on your king first, they will come out on top towards winning every time. That game type requires team work, but it also needs a King who knows positioning to have multiple escape roots available to him.

To a lot of people, classic Halo is solely one headshot weapon, the power weapons, and a small, symmetrical map.

And it sounds incredibly boring to me. Halo has always been about customization and being able to play the game how you wanted to. Even in CE. There were big vehicle maps, small maps, a variety of guns etc... Not one way forced down your throat.

Just cause they liked to play like that doesn't mean everyone did. One day they might realize that the world doesn't revolve around them.

Unless it's team regicide. If you guys cluster together with your king, then if the opposing team just rushes you at once and all focuses on your king first, they will come out on top towards winning every time. That game type requires team work, but it also needs a King who knows positioning to have multiple escape roots available to him.
True that. Teamwork takes many forms, although I did have the out of saying players should shoot as a fire-team, and for me that just means a team of two or more. Sometimes teamwork requires that somebody takes the fall so the team can get an advantage - and maybe thats acting as bait, and maybe its a suicide run against a tank to take it out of the picture.

And it sounds incredibly boring to me.
Same. There has a to be a balance between competitive purity and accessible fun stuff like variety and jetpacks. And jetpacks too. Basically what I'm saying here is jetpacks.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
And it sounds incredibly boring to me. Halo has always been about customization and being able to play the game how you wanted to. Even in CE. There were big vehicle maps, small maps, a variety of guns etc... Not one way forced down your throat.

Just cause they liked to play like that doesn't mean everyone did. One day they might realize that the world doesn't revolve around them.
I have a feeling those kinds of people never played CE and only picked up Halo 2.

I went back to Reach after about a week of Halo 4 and Reach multiplayer is superior. Halo 4 is Microsoft's attempt at getting a piece of the Call of Duty pie. Halo: Reach follows the classic Halo formula. Halo 4 is not a terrible game but it just feels like a cash in. The campaign was also a snoozer.

exYle

I went back to Reach after about a week of Halo 4 and Reach multiplayer is superior. Halo 4 is Halo's attempt at getting a piece of the Call of Duty pie. Halo: Reach follows the classic Halo formula. Halo 4 is not a terrible game but it just feels like a cash in. The campaign was also a snoozer.

bwuh?

I went back to Reach after about a week of Halo 4 and Reach multiplayer is superior. Halo 4 is Halo's attempt at getting a piece of the Call of Duty pie. Halo: Reach follows the classic Halo formula. Halo 4 is not a terrible game but it just feels like a cash in. The campaign was also a snoozer.

interesting. i honestly thought the opposite for reach. reach came out, thought the campaign was decent, hated the multiplayer, and promptly went back to halo 3. now that halo 4 is out, i firmly believe that this is the best multiplayer out of the entire series. campaign is great as well.

exYle

The only positive change is that you can leave/enter games mid-match. That should've been in Reach.

Of all the things that were wrong with Reach you choose to highlight that. It isn't even implemented great in 4; gets rid of some problems but introduces more.

GamerSoul

Of all the things that were wrong with Reach you choose to highlight that. It isn't even implemented great in 4; gets rid of some problems but introduces more.

Those guys retesting and debugging the game now must be getting mad hours though! :) Gotta think of the positives.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I really miss the 5 second respawn timer, it made the game more exciting. It made me care more about the life I was currently on. Who cares if you die if you can immediately pop back into gameplay and most likely run to your killers position and kill him.

Instant respawn is fucking awesome. I cant even think of how many times i got to clean up my own multi kills because of it. If someone needs a second then they probably shouldnt mash X as as soon as they die, pretty elegant solution to that conundrum if you ask me.

I went back to Reach after about a week of Halo 4 and Reach multiplayer is superior. Halo 4 is Microsoft's attempt at getting a piece of the Call of Duty pie. Halo: Reach follows the classic Halo formula. Halo 4 is not a terrible game but it just feels like a cash in. The campaign was also a snoozer.

I wont this far yet but reach after the anniversary maps and tu was pretty good. No AA's and close to pure halo. As soon as jetpacks make this Halo better i get lost. Nothing fucks map flow like jetpacks and jetpackers just ar spamming is madening and cheap. That said i dont have my ass in the air about change
your. I just want pure Halo.

abadguy

Banned

lol

venne

To each their own.

Halo 4's campaign is the first I have really enjoyed since the original.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
To each their own.

Halo 4's campaign is the first I have really enjoyed since the original.
Probably because Halo 1 and 4's campaign share more in common than any other two Halo games. So much inspiration taken from Halo 1 everywhere. Good move.

My goodness in terms of multiplayer Reach was bad compared to the fun I had in Halo 3. With Halo 4 I'm getting that joyful feeling again I had in halo 3. Armor lock made me wanna puke in Reach. The shield here in Halo 4 is perfectly balanced! Useful but not impossible to beat!

Come to think of it the whole MP experience seems incredibly balanced. Well done 343.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Man, connections were real bad tonight. I pulled out some wins and good games, but damn is it hell when you're bouncing around the map and then you're dead.

Louis Wu

Instant respawn is fucking awesome. I cant even think of how many times i got to clean up my own multi kills because of it. If someone needs a second then they probably shouldnt mash X as as soon as they die, pretty elegant solution to that conundrum if you ask me.
Yesterday I got a triple kill in SWAT - even though I died between my first and second kill. (Two of the three kills were the same guy, too.)

Absurd.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Yesterday I got a triple kill in SWAT - even though I died between my first and second kill. (Two of the three kills were the same guy, too.)

Absurd.
Instant respawn in SWAT is the most WTF decision out of all of the playlists. More perplexing than no BTB Objectives even.

Oh before I forget...

343 where is my multi-team playlist? I know I'm not the only one that misses multi-team because people are asking for it all over the net. Bring back the 6x2 multi-team playlist. Heck make it 8x2 for the several big maps you have in the game.

My girl and myself were HOOKED in multi-team beginning with Halo 3 which continued in Reach. Trust me when you have a female who is not even into gaming asking me why a multi-team playlist was not included you KNOW the fun factor for that playlist is through the roof.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas

Absurd.

Absurdly awesome. You've probably on the receiving end of the exact same thing a bunch of times and didnt even know it.

exYle

Probably because Halo 1 and 4's campaign share more in common than any other two Halo games. So much inspiration taken from Halo 1 everywhere. Good move.

Speaking of the campaign, I recently finished my solo Legendary run. There were a few frustrating moments, but the second time around on Midnight's
trench run
was so much more enjoyable. Probably because I did it on co-op the first time, so I really got to soak in the environment and music and I loved it so much. I also didn't accidentally bump into my buddy and die, which was nice.

Yeah, put me in the camp that thinks Halo 4's campaign is one of the better ones, if not the best save for Halo: CE's.

Reach's was the worst in my less than humble opinion.

I'd rank them CE>4>2>3>Reach (don't own ODST, only played it once long ago, can't remember much about it).

But maybe I'm nuts.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Yeah, put me in the camp that thinks Halo 4's campaign is one of the better ones, if not the best save for Halo: CE's.

Reach's was the worst in my less than humble opinion.

I'd rank them CE>4>2>3>Reach (don't own ODST, only played it once long ago, can't remember much about it).

But maybe I'm nuts.

i really like it, but it has the worst vehicle maps ever. is there even a proper warthog stage? you know, one where you arent in a small-ish arena fighting waves after wave of ghosts/wraiths? the closest i can think of is level 2... when you first land on requiem and get to drive forever without fighting once - which is good since you have no warthog passenger/gunner, lol

spanks

Just gotta say, Team Regicide is super fun. Like a more focused team deathmatch, but you also have the option to stay back and protect your king or go attack theirs. Also, Jousts!
I would say take out FFA Regicide if that's what it takes to make this playlist permanent.

Just gotta say, Team Regicide is super fun. Like a more focused team deathmatch, but you also have the option to stay back and protect your king or go attack theirs. Also, Jousts!
I would say take out FFA Regicide if that's what it takes to make this playlist permanent.

I agree. Keep Team Regicide, and then add a FFA Slayer playlist, and a FFA Objective (Oddball, King of the Hill, Regicide/Juggernaut).

And as far as campaign rankings go, my personal ranking is as follows; CE> Reach> ODST> 3> 2> 4

Dirtbag

So what exactly is all this stuff about emails and specializations?
I guess I completely missed whatever this is about.

And more importantly, why and what idiot thought this was a good idea?
All these codes and online promos linking up and crap, is this because of the time we saved waiting to respawn by pressing x.

This is all so lame.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I find that I am not able to carry my BTB teams to victory, and that I am not that great at this game.

This upsets me.

Dirtbag

I find that I am not able to carry my BTB teams to victory, and that I am not that great at this game.

This upsets me.

BTB is a joke, it will never be balanced, the more players involved the more randomness can occur with spawning and weapon spawns and vehicles.

Worry about 4vs4 first, or 5vs5 ctf. BTB is just to have fun in and fuck around, like every halo game ever.

Dominion is a prime example of big team cluster-fuckery. Just go in and screw around, these modes will never be taken seriously.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
BTB is a joke, it will never be balanced, the more players involved the more randomness can occur with spawning and weapon spawns and vehicles.

Worry about 4vs4 first, or 5vs5 ctf. BTB is just to have fun in and fuck around, like every halo game ever.

The randomness is the fun part, and blowing up vehicles is even better. Makes me wish there was a Battlefield: Halo game. Slayer and other 4v4 gametypes are taken too seriously.

Dirtbag

The randomness is the fun part, and blowing up vehicles is even better. Makes me wish there was a Battlefield: Halo game.

So then no reason to get upset over it.
I find it odd that so many people want to balance the game and weapons around BTB, the closest we ever got to that was Halo 3. This feels more like Halo 2's 4vs4 with some COD quirk laid on top.

Top Bottom