• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
For fucks sake, just put plasma pistols on the maps. It worked fine in Halo 3 and Reach. Certainly better than having them in loadouts.

Enfinit

#Insider

Also the update will be fine outside of BTB. I still see the DMR donging on everything as usual, especially with the red reticle reduction on the BR. Vehicles like the Tank, Ghost, Mongoose, Banshee, Mantis and the Hogs will still be Plasma Pistoled and stuck into oblivion. Even with the damage increase on the Mantis and the Hog. People are now also going to camp even harder with the Mantis given it can hold it's ground more effectively. It's going to crap on the Banshee on Valhalla
like it has been since launch, but now it's easier.

#SaveBTB

What exactly was the reasoning behind buffing the Mantis chain gun to begin with? It's not like that was a weapon tune that everyone was clamoring for... The Mantis is already powerful enough on Valhalla. You're absolutely correct, the you might as well throw wet toilet paper at it if you're fighting it with a Banshee.

Newt

What exactly was the reasoning behind buffing the Mantis chain gun to begin with? It's not like that was a weapon tune that everyone was clamoring for... The Mantis is already powerful enough on Valhalla. You're absolutely correct, the you might as well throw wet toilet paper at it if you're fighting it with a Banshee.
The mantis and ridiculous DMR range effectively destroy map movement of Valhalla. It doesn't even seem like the same map from H3.

I'm glad they decided to increase the base speed, now I just wish they would do something about the strafe.
and vertical look sensitivity. Nothing better than trying to fight some jetpack/ARsehole above you, only to look up like my Spartan has some sort of neck problem.

The SAW needs a boost like I need a hole in the head. Agree about the BTB, they just can't get it right. In Pro, a Ghost is like a tank now. Just have PP and PG on the map. No need to reinvent the wheel.

2s BR + Melee is going to be a Camo campers dream.

Weapon update sounds nice, and I'm genuinely looking forward to playing on Monday. Still sucks that there's still no word at all about the new playlist, but then again it is supposed to be called LEGENDary Slayer.

I still think 343 is missing the picture on why BTB isn't what it should be; increasing the damage of the 'hog and Mantis is the wrong solution to the problem, and it actually confirms my fear that loadouts will never be adjusted in this game.

I think its more easier for them to add statics loadouts playlist than ajusting the whole core game, I dont remember any other game that modified and removed weapons from loadouts.

willow ve

This just gave me an idea for them to put in this update.

Whenever a player uses Camo or Jetpack, he is immediately banned from matchmaking for an hour.
Just match them all together. That way we split the population; camo and jetpack in a group, quitters segregated in their own group, everyone else free to have fun.

If it makes you feel better, I prefer to use BR to ruin your day from above.
it doesn't.

I think its more easier for them to add statics loadouts playlist than ajusting the whole core game, I dont remember any other game that modified and removed weapons from loadouts.
I have no doubts that it's easier, I just wish they would do it for all of the playlists. Custom loadouts were a cute little experiment at the players expense, but the laundry list of items that show how damaging it is to gameplay needs to be constantly waved under the noses of 343 in the hopes they never do it again for future titles.

I've been pretty happy with what they've been doing in terms of post-launch support, and I hope they keep it up.

TheOddOne

David,

Halo4_ConceptArt_22Mars_02.jpg

Next Gen Spartan Ops. Make me visit these grand places and let me roam them without limitations.

Kthanksbye,
Odd

I'm amazed these changes took so long, people have been in an uproar for them since release. Better late than never, I suppose. I'll be dusting off the old 360 come Monday.

Booshka

Wait, why doesn't Halo have a vertical sensitivity option. When Reach started copying shit from Shadowrun and had players skying all over the map with Jetpacks, they should have added a vertical sensitivity option to help compensate that. Shadowrun has all kinds of abilities where people are above or below you constantly and there is a vertical sensitivity to help deal with it. Halo 4 should have added this option, but I guess core features missing it is to be expected at this point.

Always next game!

Akai__

Does anyone want to join on the Halo 2 Rainmaker server? I'm pretty sure, they are going to shut down the servers soon and I want to have all achievements by then.

:(

The server message says booting is disabled, but if you don't move for a while, their will still be a warning, that you hav to move. I'm confused. :/

Does anyone want to join on the Halo 2 Rainmaker server? I'm pretty sure, they are going to shut down the servers soon and I want to have all achievements by then.

:(

The server message says booting is disabled, but if you don't move for a while, their will still be a warning, that you hav to move. I'm confused. :/

Just checked, looks like I can't connect.

I'd like Axis Animation to do their Magic on Halo 5 Terminals OR 343 to create a Halo Legends 2 But Canon And Forerunner Story Focused Using Quality CGI Like the Package or SpOps CGI.

JackHerer

David,

Halo4_ConceptArt_22Mars_02.jpg

Next Gen Spartan Ops. Make me visit these grand places and let me roam them without limitations.

Kthanksbye,
Odd

I really hope that 343 uses the jump to the Xbox One as a chance to actually do some REAL innovation with the series, at least in campaign modes and not just better graphics. I would much prefer they just give a small graphical bump past Halo 4 (the game looks pretty nice already) and instead give us much bigger environments with more enemies/better AI and completely new types of encounters and missions.

I hope they scrap the prom knights and introduce a better enemy. They were not fun to fight at all. The only difficulty came from the fact that they were bullet sponges that took forever to kill.

daedalius

I really hope that 343 uses the jump to the Xbox One as a chance to actually do some REAL innovation with the series, at least in campaign modes and not just better graphics. I would much prefer they just give a small graphical bump past Halo 4 (the game looks pretty nice already) and instead give us much bigger environments with more enemies/better AI and completely new types of encounters and missions.

I hope they scrap the prom knights and introduce a better enemy. They were not fun to fight at all. The only difficulty came from the fact that they were bullet sponges that took forever to kill.

This sounds great.

Knight final gameplay design was :| loved their look in the alpha footage (I think they look cool though, rolling into a ball would make them even cooler)

I just played some nerds who somehow armed the extraction points in the air so you couldn't convert it unless you jumped, but as soon as you fell to the ground you were out of range to convert it.

Akai__

Guys, please join wwm0nkey on Halo 2 Vista, if you are not doing anything at all. You can just be AFK, it doesn't matter. He only needs a coupple more maps/gametypes. It shouldn't take too long.

Server is Rainmaker.

You would do us a huge favor.

I just played some nerds who somehow armed the extraction points in the air so you couldn't convert it unless you jumped, but as soon as you fell to the ground you were out of range to convert it.

ExWife was getting us to do that last week or whenever when we were playing. You have one guy crouch down next to it and then a guy jump on his head and convert it up there.

You have to do it when the other team is pretty much all dead and your team has to be watching your back pretty good.

It made it impossible for the other team to convert it. It was good for us but damn unfair for the other team.

Top Bottom