• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

My little fan fic of what I'd like to happen in the Halo Lore.

//Emergency Distress// Audio Only - Open -

"This Is Captain Lasky of the Unsc Starship Infinity, Our Ship has been assumed control by a Forerunner A.I. (M.B. - 05 - 032). My crew managed to abandon ship just in time before we lost all controls to Infinity's systems. I decided to stay behind and take all precautions to see that they made it out within the escape pods. The Rogue Forerunner A.I. has shutdown life support and sealed every decks to prevent any attempts of my escape. It demanded the authorization codes to access the ships propulsions, slipspace drives, weapons systems, and database by threatening to terminate the entire crew if I did not comply.

Mendicant Bias kept its word by not harming my crew, instead, it had other motives to set its destination immediately towards Earth. As I'm composing this alarming news, I have little in saying goodbye, but it's my time now to be reunited with my loved ones, finally.

This thing is in under some.. Unknown control. Idk. It wants to send Humanity & All living things a message repetitively saying, "I Am A Monument To All Your Sins". We can't let this thing win! And Chief, if you're hearing this... Where ever you are, go kick its ass! - Close -

From Waypoint member Ultimate RC, link to original thread

Completed ALL 50 Spartan Ops Solo on Legendary with NO DEATHS! He is also commentating and uploading all videos to his YouTube channel, here's the playlist of 36 videos uploaded so far.

He says this about the achievement:
On average, each mission took me 15:58 and I got 111 kills. A total of 13 hours, 18 minutes and 2 seconds with 5,539 kills!

I'm impressed, that takes some serious dedication, mental toughness and skill.

heckfu

Banned

Completed ALL 50 Spartan Ops Solo on Legendary with NO DEATHS! He is also commentating and uploading all videos to his YouTube channel, here's the playlist of 36 videos uploaded so far.

On average, each mission took me 15:58 and I got 111 kills. A total of 13 hours, 18 minutes and 2 seconds with 5,539 kills!

he needs to get a job

I don't know if it's because I haven't played in a while so I'm not being matchmade with my actual skill level but man the people who still play this game aren't very good at it.

JackHerer

I just played some nerds who somehow armed the extraction points in the air so you couldn't convert it unless you jumped, but as soon as you fell to the ground you were out of range to convert it.

Kinda funny. Unless it's some glitch I don't know about they probably had to stand on each others heads.

GloveSlap

BTB Slayer Pro is just terrible. It is just plain laziness the way they implemented it without changing anything else on the maps.

I never thought the plasma grenade/pistol starts were a big problem in the first place honestly. The vehicles were still plenty good if you didn't drive like an idiot and try to splatter people the whole time. The regular warthog did suck though.

But now.....No plasma pistols or plasma grenades, starts or on the map. No power weapon locations. Low ammo starts and no ammo on the map. No adjustments to the number of vehicles that spawn on a map. Honestly what are you supposed to do against a tank, gauss hog, or even a simple ghost? I played 2 games of Exile BTB Pro in a row last night and it was just an absolute joke. There is nothing "pro" about it.

JackHerer

BTB Slayer Pro is just terrible. It is just plain laziness the way they implemented it without changing anything else on the maps.

I never thought the plasma grenade/pistol starts were a big problem in the first place honestly. The vehicles were still plenty good if you didn't drive like an idiot and try to splatter people the whole time. The regular warthog did suck though.

But now.....No plasma pistols or plasma grenades, starts or on the map. No power weapon locations. Low ammo starts and no ammo on the map. No adjustments to the number of vehicles that spawn on a map. Honestly what are you supposed to do against a tank, gauss hog, or even a simple ghost? I played 2 games of Exile BTB Pro in a row last night and it was just an absolute joke. There is nothing "pro" about it.

It really is pretty bad on some maps. Never played Exile but I can only imagine what that's like with the gauss and the tank. They need a legitimate "pro" game type for BTB with PPs and rifles spawning on map. Timed power weapons would be nice too.

Mabef

Banned

Reminded me of a FEAR speedrun I watched forever ago. Apparently melee did the most damage in the game, so the player ripped through everything punching and kicking dudes. Pretty great.

I just played some nerds who somehow armed the extraction points in the air so you couldn't convert it unless you jumped, but as soon as you fell to the ground you were out of range to convert it.

I can confirm that I am one of these.

ExWife was getting us to do that last week or whenever when we were playing. You have one guy crouch down next to it and then a guy jump on his head and convert it up there.

You have to do it when the other team is pretty much all dead and your team has to be watching your back pretty good.

It made it impossible for the other team to convert it. It was good for us but damn unfair for the other team.

I'd say it is totally fair. It falls into a category I like to call "game knowledge and other learned skills". It's similar to say, Extraction on Haven (as an example), where the top site can be initially armed on a particular side to force the other team to only be able to convert on that side. This allows for strategic setups and, as Bravo called in the bulletin, "control-based gameplay".

What if the other team doesn't know you can throw oddballs off of the map? Is that unfair as well if your team is set up to get the new one?

Kinda funny. Unless it's some glitch I don't know about they probably had to stand on each others heads.

That's genius!

That same-page reading comprehension.

Nowise10

You sound butthurt that vehicles are actually vehicles again, and the game is (somewhat) balanced on the same field with no armor abilities and perks and resupply. Pro is the best thing to happen to this game.

Nice setup, I have 4 LED's on my work PC and it seems I've lost out to Chase by 2 :( Although mine is a single shared system across 4 screens and I can input my xbox/Halo via HDMI too :)

GloveSlap

You sound butthurt that vehicles are actually vehicles again, and the game is (somewhat) balanced on the same field with no armor abilities and perks and resupply. Pro is the best thing to happen to this game.

Yeah, its such a return to form . I Remember back in Halo 2 and 3 when there was no way to effectively combat the vehicles. Oh wait, I don't remember that at all.

Halo 4 is designed around Infinity Slayer. You can't just change one major part and then not readjust the rest of the game. I would like to play BTB without the things that you mentioned, but you actually have to set it up like the older Halo games

But by all means continue feeling like a badass while you get those vehicle kills. I have a barrel full of fish you might want to shoot when you're done.

NOKYARD

Hello HaloGAF. I've arrived ;)
Are you enjoying my interpretation of Sidewinder? I never did get any feedback on it.

he needs to get a job

Can't wait to see how fat this guy is on his youtube channel.

RC Master is second in command at High Speed Halo. He holds more Legendary and SLASO ODST and Reach records than any one else. Among his many achievements he was (likely) the only person in the world to get the Vidmaster Classic on Costal Highway (completed in 22:07) and he did it without firing a shot or throwing a grenade.

He is (likely) doing this because our community was gutted when we lost the ability to verify speed runs.

also not fat but everyone who is exceptional at video games must be fat right whats wrong with you guys anyway but im not surprised because everyone thought cody miller was a fat loser when he completed halo 2 in a single sitting on legendary without dying (he was a physically fit competitive skydiver at the time - not dying is what he does best)

Are you enjoying my interpretation of Sidewinder? I never did get any feedback on it.

RC Master is second in command at High Speed Halo. He holds more Legendary and SLASO ODST and Reach records than any one else. Among his many achievements he was (likely) the only person in the world to get the Vidmaster Classic on Costal Highway (completed in 22:07) and he did it without firing a shot or throwing a grenade.

He is (likely) doing this because our community was gutted when we lost the ability to verify speed runs.

also not fat but everyone who is exceptional at video games must be fat right whats wrong with you guys anyway but im not surprised because everyone thought cody miller was a fat loser when he completed halo 2 in a single sitting on legendary without dying (he was a physically fit competitive skydiver at the time - not dying is what he does best)

It's really not a matter of being exceptional, its more of a matter of the time investment.

Time spent on your ass vs time spent being physically active.

Fuchsdh

It's really not a matter of being exceptional, its more of a matter of the time investment.

Time spent on your ass vs time spent being physically active.

When people on internet forums start throwing stones about getting out more, you know the conversation has headed downhill. I think most of our hobbies could be rightfully considered 'worthless' and a waste of time in the grand scheme of things--at least RC is the best at what he does :)

Forward Unto Dawn gets lots of flack but its light years ahead of Halo:Legends. The entire thing was garbage.

I think it would have been fine, honestly, if it hadn't been given to the Japanese. Halo and anime tropes just don't mix. We could have had 100% less "Oh my god it's a woman!" moments, at least.

While we're looking back at this... *segway to*

The guest series Hindsight: ODST, written by Dax, has been updated with "Data Hive".

wwm0nkey

They really should have just made it Halo: Origins and not Legends and went into detail about the previous events using the art from the Origin shorts.

Nowise10

Yeah, its such a return to form . I Remember back in Halo 2 and 3 when there was no way to effectively combat the vehicles. Oh wait, I don't remember that at all.

Halo 4 is designed around Infinity Slayer. You can't just change one major part and then not readjust the rest of the game. I would like to play BTB without the things that you mentioned, but you actually have to set it up like the older Halo games

But by all means continue feeling like a badass while you get those vehicle kills. I have a barrel full of fish you might want to shoot when you're done.

I do understand your point that some maps need some weapon retweaking, with weapon spawns, but Exile drops two plasma pistols down, which is more then enough to counter the vehicles on that map, along with the other dropped weapons.

It was more of your comment saying "How do you take down a ghost now" Which lead me to my butthurt comment, because if you cant take down, or dodge a ghost without spawning with a plasma pistol and plasma grenades, or armor abilities then you've never played past Halo games.

I've played about 5 matches of BTB Pro and have had a blast in all of them.

Nebula

There's a Plasma Pistol in the Carbine loadout. Also the DMR does plenty of damage to vehicles, oh and you can shoot the driver with a bit of aim as well.

I agree though, we need weapons on map to spawn like in older Halos.

IHaveIce

Banned
Wow we tried to do a little LAN and online pan yesterday and it was near impossible to get all the xbox' online in the network.

Let alone get more than one an open nat art.

Little bummer so we had to play solo but the last games in BTB were weird. The last 2 games I played were on Complex so I quit out...exactly these 2 games give me a rank up for BtB ..huuuh?

Good lord that's a awfully defensive post for some dude who likes to play video games a lot.

Nebula

Wow we tried to do a little LAN and online pan yesterday and it was near impossible to get all the xbox' online in the network.

Let alone get more than one an open nat art.

Little bummer so we had to play solo but the last games in BTB were weird. The last 2 games I played were on Complex so I quit out...exactly these 2 games give me a rank up for BtB ..huuuh?

BTB ranks you on your individual performance. Not sure if quitting has any effect on it.

Good lord that's a awfully defensive post for some dude who likes to play video games a lot.

Wow I actually have to use my ignore list for the first time. Welcome and enjoy your stay.

IHaveIce

Banned
BTB ranks you on your individual performance. Not sure if quitting has any effect on it.

Wow I actually have to use my ignore list for the first time. Welcome and enjoy your stay.
Well I was a 42 before these 2 games, quitted both of them in the middle bam 44 now.

I like to imagine the game gives me a gift for realizing how bad Complex is and refuse to play it. Lol

But you should invite me to your BtB sessions both are close to 50 if I remember correctly

Nebula

Well I was a 42 before these 2 games, quitted both of them in the middle bam 44 now.

I like to imagine the game gives me a gift for realizing how bad Complex is and refuse to play it. Lol

But you should invite me to your BtB sessions both are close to 50 if I remember correctly

Yeah I'm a 46 in BTB at the moment. I should be on in about 3 hours.

Also if you still gained CSR levels, I guess you were performing well before you quit? I'm guessing the system just takes your performance in the game and doesn't factor in if you quit during it.

Overdoziz

Banned

iqofc0dfCRWZ9.gif

IHaveIce

Banned
Yeah I'm a 46 in BTB at the moment. I should be on in about 3 hours.

Also if you still gained CSR levels, I guess you were performing well before you quit? I'm guessing the system just takes your performance in the game and doesn't factor in if you quit during it.
Yeah that could be the case. Though it would be quite weird.

3 hours sounds good will be there and ready

Well I was a 42

Yeah I'm a 46 in BTB

E-peen deployment imminent!

50.png

HHHnnnnngggggg!!!

Yeah, it's not like most of the top halo players are actually fit or downright skinny as fuck. Oh wait...

Did you come just to bash folks that enjoy/excel at their hobby? Need to feel like a big boy? Some people...

IHaveIce

Banned
Exwife I heard you want to carry us to 50 <3

EDit also did you read that party matching will be enabled in ctf? The end of our donging?

Honestly I was surprised it wasn't on at all

willow ve

Exwife I heard you want to carry us to 50 <3

EDit also did you read that party matching will be enabled in ctf? The end of our donging?

Honestly I was surprised it wasn't on at all
Party matching in all game types is sorely needed. It was very noticeable in CTF where individuals would routinely get dropped into a match losing, on a team of three or less, getting spawn camped.

Joined a few games this week where the only two original players on my team were AFK and the other team was a party of five. Not fun, but still enjoy CTF more than other modes.

Risen

Party matching in all game types is sorely needed. It was very noticeable in CTF where individuals would routinely get dropped into a match losing, on a team of three or less, getting spawn camped.

Joined a few games this week where the only two original players on my team were AFK and the other team was a party of five. Not fun, but still enjoy CTF more than other modes.

Preach it sister

Top Bottom