• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

Plywood made a .gif out of the best moment in my video, I feel it deserved a repost over here :)
biffbam14dma.gif

Amazing.

Neil Davidge posted this earlier on Facebook:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8yfACv9Tp4w

Pretty interesting if you are into music. Just a look at the recording session.

Awesome, thanks!

And another great video. The wait for this game is getting rough...

External Memory

Neo Member
I want to say Damian Isla, who did work at Bungie on their AI for Halo 2 and 3 talked about this a while back. He said that the reason they tone down the effectiveness of friendly AI is so the player feels like the hero, doing what sad little Marines can't. They could make the AI have perfect aim and all that, but the game could ostensibly play itself at that point. I don't necessarily think the right move is to make them so stupid that they frustrate the player, but I see where he's coming from. I know with Reach one of the Bungie Weekly Updates or podcasts mentioned that they used to have pinpoint accurate Warthog gunners that would never miss a shot, but they were too effective and had to be toned down.

As for their poor driving, well, that's just a mystery.

I think the AI drivers have always been a bit better when they have AI gunners on board, it's just a bit harder for them to respond while you're spinning around picking targets like a meatbag. But they do seem to favor lining up shots for their gunner over more evasive driving which should always be a priority. They behave like they're moving on foot, slowing down to stop near cover when they ought to keep moving.

blamite

I guess I'll just sum up my thoughts with a two point pro and con list for now.
+ Cortana's ass
- Floating Master Chief shoulders

Noooooooooooo

I kept hoping this would get fixed... I guess it just wasn't important enough.

I guess the lack of Campaign Theater will at least make it harder to notice.

(I realize it isn't a big deal at all but stuff like that bugs me endlessly for no good reason)

neoism

I am guessing when you hit the specializations it gets a lot harder.

yeah like I said earlier if the specializations only being 10 levels those 10 have to be like getting 50 levels again or everyone we be max rank in 2 months or less....

bigmac996

Noooooooooooo

I kept hoping this would get fixed... I guess it just wasn't important enough.

I guess the lack of Campaign Theater will at least make it harder to notice.

(I realize it isn't a big deal at all but stuff like that bugs me endlessly for no good reason)

I hear ya. After spending a few hours playing campaign, one thing that's soo so very minor, but happens occasionally is Elites in Banshees get stuck in the environment very easily, and just continue flying into whatever they're stuck in.

I know its such a small crit, but when the rest of the game is so polished little bugs like that stick out and bother me haha. Otherwise, everything is great, and it's an amazing first effort for 343.

Something that's bugging me about Spartan Ops right now is that I'm getting the impression that there's no fail state. I'm going through it on Legendary right now and it seems like you can just cheese right through it if you want, die as much as you want, respawn with a fresh stock of your loadout gear, and keep at it. There are no checkpoints that you go back to, it's persistent, you simply keep respawning. Kind of dampens any satisfaction gained from difficulty.

You mean like the Energy Sword burns? That's pretty neat.
Yep!

I'm not completely up to date, so apologies for the basic question, but is SWAT making a return and if so, in what form, i.e. its own dedicated playlist or no?

Spanks!

blamite

yeah like I said earlier if the specializations only being 10 levels those 10 have to be like getting 50 levels again or everyone we be max rank in 2 months or less....
I think it's been said (in a bulletin I think?) that going throught he 10 levels of a specialization is like going from 40 to 50 in the SR ranks. Hopefully that's long enough to last but not too long to be frustrating like Reach's late ranks.

exYle

Sorta. I don't think it drains shields as fast as a power drain. It also doesn't roll around. It does have an opening and closing explosion though.

Does it at least EMP vehicles? If so, that combined with a PP would be a killer anti-vehicle loadout.

lantus

Wow that looks really weird where the grenade comes out. Throw it lefty yet it comes off way on the right. Oh well I'll live.

Yeah I think that's how the plasma grenades have always been though, seems like a slight delay whenever you throw one, but that might just be me.

Prologue

Personally, I hate the credit cap. Its not world of warcraft -.-. I'm mostly buying it for SP. If people want to grind out in MP, let them do so.

Personally, I hate the credit cap. Its not world of warcraft -.-. I'm mostly buying it for SP. If people want to grind out in MP, let them do so.

I think the low cap at launch is to help spot potential credit boosting tactics early before they cause too much damage.

Top Bottom